Posted August 12, 2014
Horrible admin. They do not care about anything but the money and fake appearance of being an A school. Anyone can be when you constantly weed out the kids you're not helping.

Posted August 12, 2014
The parent comnenting on their student and teacher has no clue. For one this teacher's Aims test scores were sone of the highest in the state so if your child did poorly look at the roit cause. If the child was outside often they were being a distraction and removed like all teachers do when distractions occur. This teacher was out with a legitimate medical issue. He sttod up for the kids when a member of the staff would go in and harass hin and the students during tests. He endured prejudice as well. So before speaking I assune you went to the school to observe the teacher in action? The admin is a group that fired a teacher after instructing him not to speak to parents about how to get help from the federal government on getting the school the requred instructio for their child with a learning disability. TeachersIinforned admin but they ignored it saying it costs too much. They kicked many kids out that performed poorly due to learning disabilities.

Posted July 29, 2014
I've had my child in Presidio for three years now. My child was in the class with the teacher that was let go at the end of the year. He posted a crazy video online, and I have to say that if this is how he taught his class and according to my child it was, good riddance. His classroom was dirty, he had his favorites and he sent every other kid outside. Most of the kids feared him if they werent his favorite and my child, for one, was one of the ones that he simply ignored. And then he didn't come to school for three weeks before he was fired. And this was right before AIMS, so my kid's scores suffered bad. And he has always scored high. It was just completely irresponsible. I think that was why he was fired. I also dont understand why people are badmouthing the administration here. The principle here has always been extremely helpful whenever I have had a problem. She returns my phone calls within a day, lets me know when the grades are bad, and has always been available to meet if i needed. The only time I have had no clue what was going on with my kids grades was this year. I asked the teacher to see my kids grades, but he never could show me.

Posted June 21, 2014
I had three children enrolled at Presidio for two years. Two in elementary and one in high school. Our first year and second could not have been more different. The first year we were there they had an amazing lunch program and even custom omelets and waffles at in the morning. The kids loved getting to school early and having breakfast with friends but I noticed how few parents seemed to be involved. Our oldest struggled and started to fall through the cracks and the school didn't communicate with us. The second year the lunches went to nothing but garbage, the office staff was spotty to say the least, every attempt I made to get more involved was pushed aside. Near the end of the year they lost one of the best teachers I've met. The campus is anything but secure I constantly saw kids leaving and returning to campus after school and the Academic lab was never something that benefited any of my children.The teachers are great, my issues came from the administration. I am very thankful none of my children needed any form of special attention or they would have been out of luck at this school. Don't let the sweet front desk ladies fool you, the admin is awful.

Posted April 29, 2014
I absolutely love this school! My daughter started here for kindergarden because she was one day short of the TUSD cut off. The original plan was to probably switch to a TUSD school later but we have since fallen in love with the school and now she's in second grade with no plans of leaving! The staff is wonderful, great teachers, and small class size. I feel like the teachers really care about the kids and they and the staff are really engaged and not just there because it's a job. I have an older child that went through the TUSD system and I would tell any parent that Presidio is leaps and bounds above the other schools that I have been involved with. They have lots of "specials" classes that expose the kids to art, music, tae kwon do and more. They also provide after school care at a reasonable price if needed.

Presidio High School 4

Posted April 28, 2014
My daughter goes to kinder garden and its amazing how much she is learning, she is engaged with reading by herself and for the most part she love going to school. Mr Cameron always have a word to make the kids special, ms jessica always answer my concerns right away. Asked to my daughter, she say "I love everything about my school" . works for me:-) :-) :-)

Posted April 23, 2014
We entered our daughter in Presidio's advanced placement kindergarten program because we felt like she was ready to start school, but her birthday missed the public school cutoff by only a few days. We figured we'd start her at Presidio and then move to a different school closer to our home for first grade. That all changed when we fell in love with Presidio! She's now in 2nd grade, and will be continuing at Presidio for 3rd grade. We love the small school atmosphere and the individual attention she receives, not only from her classroom teacher, but from specials teachers and even office staff. Academics are rigorous, but teachers also foster curiosity and exploration in students-it does not feel like Presidio teachers simply "teach to the test." Specials include art, music, and physical activity (tae kwon do, tumbling and health/PE). Overall the Presidio experience has led my daughter to be a well-educated, well-rounded and engaged student. We are very happy.

Posted April 23, 2014
My daughter attends Presidio School I entered her in their Advanced placement Kinder program, she was 4 when she started. I drove across town to bring her to this school as no other districts in the Tucson area at that time would accept her at the age of 4. In fact I have actually moved to be closer to school. This school is excellent. I love how every one is so friendly and most the staff know your child by first name even if they are not in their classrooms. Its an amazing school with great curriculum. My daughter has been an honor roll student since she started! I love it!

Presidio High School 4

Posted April 08, 2014
Our daughter has been attending Presidio school since kinder' Now in 2nd this year we have our middle child in kinder as well and our last will begin in August!. The entire staff (administration, office and individual teachers) know our entire family personally. Presidio's programs emphasize education , creativity, and character . I especially love "Pillars of Character" The parents and teachers are also very involved in promoting extra -curricular activities and it is always fun to see bake sales. Our children have increased their confidence and math skills as well as reading and science comprehension, interest and curiosity. We truly love Presidio School! We love it soo much all our children will attend! We can't get over all of staff members (Administration, Office, Teacher's every single one) They are Amazing! Thank you Presidio!

Posted April 07, 2014
My child has attended Presidio School since 3rd grade. She has met or exceeded the high standards of their curriculum consistently. To me that translates to an outstanding level of teaching that has led her to success. In addition to rigorous academics she has been provided an enriching program that includes: music, arts and physical education. Participation in top educational programs like Wright Flight and providing relevant and exciting field trips is another reason Presidio is ranked as an A+ school. The atmosphere fosters character, kindness and compassion. I m proud to say we are part of the Presidio family.

Presidio High School
1695 East Fort Lowell Road, Tucson, AZ  85719
Last modified Presidio High School is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Presidio High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 38 reviews. Top