Public charter
Tucson, AZ

Presidio High School 4

Posted January 28, 2015
I have two children enrolled here. One in kinder and one in 7th. My 7th grader came to Presidio in the 6th grade. She had been at a public school and the curriculum was slow for her, she was growing bored and restless. Granted, the first year was a little difficult for both of us adjusting to the faster learning pace, advanced work, and daily homework (which at times, I needed google to help my daughter). She loves Presidio and so does my kinder. There is no guessing game or waiting till Parent/Teacher conferences come up to see how your child is doing, as everything is on line for a parent to view. Tests, attendance, homework re-do's/make-ups (which are a fantastic opportunity to up your grades). It is a great way for parents to be independently involved and gauge where their child is struggling in advance. Lots of college scolarships, wright flight, taekwondo, great counselors, administration always courteous, teachers who seem to love their jobs, current technology, clean grounds, self locking gates with one way to enter both school grounds for added security, and a facebook page for updates or questions.

Posted January 21, 2015
My son has attended Presidio for 7yrs now, and will continue to go there. Presidio is an awesome and amazing school where kids get quality education at its best and great preparation for college. I totally recommend Presidio to all parents!

Posted January 19, 2015
To finish my review. Along with the traditional, basic classes this provides for a well rounded program. Breakfast and lunch are catered with healthy nutritious food. No vending machines on campus! When our child goes thru those front doors we are secure in the knowledge that he is safe. How many parents feel that way when their child goes to another school? I wish that those parents that write negative reviews behind the shield of this website would let Presidio know what the problem(s) are to give them a chance to correct the situation. Did you not get the answer YOU wanted to hear? Where you rude/mean to the administration, staff or those nice sweet ladies behind the front desk who deal with us parents everyday with a smile and kindness? I ask that you think about it before you write a negative review. Thank you. Vivian Bacon

Posted January 17, 2015
my wife and i were horrified when we googled this school and learned that the same problems we have encountrred have been happening for years. i agree with the coments below that say DONT LET THE SWEET FRONT DESK LADIES FOOL YOU. this is a school that didnt care about our childs sucsess AT ALL

Posted August 12, 2014
Horrible admin. They do not care about anything but the money and fake appearance of being an A school. Anyone can be when you constantly weed out the kids you're not helping.

Posted August 12, 2014
The parent comnenting on their student and teacher has no clue. For one this teacher's Aims test scores were sone of the highest in the state so if your child did poorly look at the roit cause. If the child was outside often they were being a distraction and removed like all teachers do when distractions occur. This teacher was out with a legitimate medical issue. He sttod up for the kids when a member of the staff would go in and harass hin and the students during tests. He endured prejudice as well. So before speaking I assune you went to the school to observe the teacher in action? The admin is a group that fired a teacher after instructing him not to speak to parents about how to get help from the federal government on getting the school the requred instructio for their child with a learning disability. TeachersIinforned admin but they ignored it saying it costs too much. They kicked many kids out that performed poorly due to learning disabilities.

Posted June 21, 2014
I had three children enrolled at Presidio for two years. Two in elementary and one in high school. Our first year and second could not have been more different. The first year we were there they had an amazing lunch program and even custom omelets and waffles at in the morning. The kids loved getting to school early and having breakfast with friends but I noticed how few parents seemed to be involved. Our oldest struggled and started to fall through the cracks and the school didn't communicate with us. The second year the lunches went to nothing but garbage, the office staff was spotty to say the least, every attempt I made to get more involved was pushed aside. Near the end of the year they lost one of the best teachers I've met. The campus is anything but secure I constantly saw kids leaving and returning to campus after school and the Academic lab was never something that benefited any of my children.The teachers are great, my issues came from the administration. I am very thankful none of my children needed any form of special attention or they would have been out of luck at this school. Don't let the sweet front desk ladies fool you, the admin is awful.

Posted April 29, 2014
I absolutely love this school! My daughter started here for kindergarden because she was one day short of the TUSD cut off. The original plan was to probably switch to a TUSD school later but we have since fallen in love with the school and now she's in second grade with no plans of leaving! The staff is wonderful, great teachers, and small class size. I feel like the teachers really care about the kids and they and the staff are really engaged and not just there because it's a job. I have an older child that went through the TUSD system and I would tell any parent that Presidio is leaps and bounds above the other schools that I have been involved with. They have lots of "specials" classes that expose the kids to art, music, tae kwon do and more. They also provide after school care at a reasonable price if needed.

Presidio High School 4

Posted April 28, 2014
My daughter goes to kinder garden and its amazing how much she is learning, she is engaged with reading by herself and for the most part she love going to school. Mr Cameron always have a word to make the kids special, ms jessica always answer my concerns right away. Asked to my daughter, she say "I love everything about my school" . works for me:-) :-) :-)
3 people found this helpful

Posted April 23, 2014
We entered our daughter in Presidio's advanced placement kindergarten program because we felt like she was ready to start school, but her birthday missed the public school cutoff by only a few days. We figured we'd start her at Presidio and then move to a different school closer to our home for first grade. That all changed when we fell in love with Presidio! She's now in 2nd grade, and will be continuing at Presidio for 3rd grade. We love the small school atmosphere and the individual attention she receives, not only from her classroom teacher, but from specials teachers and even office staff. Academics are rigorous, but teachers also foster curiosity and exploration in students-it does not feel like Presidio teachers simply "teach to the test." Specials include art, music, and physical activity (tae kwon do, tumbling and health/PE). Overall the Presidio experience has led my daughter to be a well-educated, well-rounded and engaged student. We are very happy.

Presidio High School
1695 East Fort Lowell Road, Tucson, AZ  85719
Last modified Presidio High School is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Presidio High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 41 reviews. Top