Pueblo High Magnet School

Public | 9-12 | 1706 students

Posted July 24, 2014

this school is simply the best. it is way better than Tucson high I recommend this school too everyone. it has fine academics and great mariachi bands.the kids get so much help from there teachers and they help meet the potential. if you want your daughter or son too succeed I recommend pueblo.

Posted September 27, 2012

Pueblo has a strong community of teachers who are willing to help students meet their potential. When I recall attending Pueblo I remember teachers always pushing me to become a better student and to achieve my goals. Being an alumni of Pueblo High School I have heard expansion of many of the programs there (specifically from the science department) but have not kept up with recent accomplishments of students or faculty. As for the bad reputation I can say this with absolute certainty; the bad reputation only exists because of a small percentage of students who are not keen on success. As for the mariachi program, they are pretty good. Just wish I could say the same about some of their athletic teams (and i say that with love :) )

Posted September 7, 2012

This high school literally has the best mariachi in the nation. Like, literally. They always have. The newest band director told me he heard about the mariachi program YEARS before he heard of the actual school.

Posted August 10, 2012

i like school, i like school, this school is amazing and fun to go to. the environment is amazing and the teachers are very nice and caring.

Posted August 15, 2010

Publo high magnet school a great school. Great principal, great teachers and awsome students. Pueblo's principal has the potential to take good responsibility. Teacher are always ready to teach and students are ready to learn. GREAT SCHOOL!!

Posted February 21, 2010

I'm a former student. I only stay for 1 year. Thanks god i didnt stay more time. Before i came to Pueblo, my middle school teachers recommend me to go different school. I couldnt tranfer different school because three generations in my family came to Pueblo. The teachers teach the subject poorly. i didnt learn nothing they were rude. i went to private school in the mid-west. I notice the different. I was happy i graduate in different school. If you cant moved out tucson. I believe you should go Marana or Tucson H.S accoding to my teachers recomendation.

Posted January 19, 2010

I'm a student at Pueblo Magnet High School, and I transferred to Pueblo from a Business Magnet school in San Antonio, Texas. When I first came here I thought it was the worst thing to happen to me because I was forced to move and I didn't hear many positive things about Pueblo. But after the years, I've grown to LOVE Pueblo, and if it was up to me now I would have NOT changed the past because I've become a better student and a better leader because of Pueblo. They invited me in with open arms, and now I'm President of 3 clubs including Band, DECA and the African American Culture Club, a member of the National Honor Society, and Winter Guard. Not only that, but I'm enrolled in 2 AP (rigorous) classes. It's my Senior year, but I'll be a WARRIOR FOR LIFE! =D

Posted July 26, 2006

Im a former student from Pueblo and I believe that it is a grets school. A lot of people talk bad about the school only because of where it is located, but the location doesnt change the quality of the school, students, or staff... I had a lot of substitute teachers tell us that they were amazed by what a great school it was despite all the bad comments they had heard. I personally learned a lot. My teachers were awesome, they were very helpful and fun, but at the same time had the discipline I needed to get a good education. All my siblings and other family members have also graduated from this school and they feel the same way. Dont talk bad about the school until you've been there, it'll change your mind. Pueblo might have a bad reputation, but its truly a great school!
—Submitted by a former student

Posted November 12, 2003

I was a student who graduated in 1989. I was given the opportunity to learn, however was never pushed by family nor teachers. Some teachers cared, however most did not. It is a tragedy to see that some teachers have just given up with this generation. I read the papers and see that Pueblo High School does not get high marks. Give the teachers a raise and treat them like human beings and I guarantee you will get results.

Posted September 24, 2003

This school is such a great school. So many people talk bad about this school but they will never know what its really like until they actually step foot on the campus of Pueblo.

Math

The state average for Math was 62% in 2013.

414 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 83% in 2013.

423 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 70% in 2013.

410 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % meets or exceeds

Source: Arizona Department of Education

• In 2010-2011, this school was designated "Performing".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was designated "Performing".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was designated "Performing".

Source: Arizona Department of Education

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 0% 3%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 66%N/A47%

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

3500 S. 12th Ave.