Posted October 28, 2013
Sabino High School is an excellent school. It offers top notch, award-winning education consistently achieving high ratings and honors by state and national organizations. Selecting a high school should be based upon the academic offerings of the school, test scores and quality of teachers...not the skill level of JV football coaches. Sabino has always had an excellent football program overall as well as numerous outstanding clubs and organizations for students. Any parent who chooses to assess a school on a JV team coach is welcome to look elsewhere so that we Sabino parents can as a group remain committed to our childrens' education as the primary focus of High School.

Sabino High School 3

Posted October 27, 2013
SABINO FOOTBALL COACH REVIEW. This school is garbage when it comes to its football program . These JV coaches favor there own kids . The kids who work hard to keep up there grades and attend all practices don't get played . The have a minimal understanding of what it means to coach kids , most of them are no more than pop warner coaches who need not to be in a high school program. My suggestion to all parents who really want to see there children excel in a football program would be to look else where. Sabino is not a school with true coaching potential. I think this school should take some time to weed out there bad apple coaches or at least find some who know more about football than Monday nights with a 12pack

Sabino High School 4

Posted February 12, 2011
I'm a current senior about to graduate high in my class. The best way to get a good education is to take as many honors or AP classes as possible, because they are the best teachers by far. However, if you don't push yourself, most of the teachers won't. If you take easy classes, you get good grades as easily as showing up. The extra curricular programs are great, and nearly every student is in at least one. However, you may not find a niche if your not in one. About 80% of the kids are the stereotypical "popular" kids that party and such, but oddly enough, they're not mean like you would expect. It's a decent place to go if you want your child to be well rounded.

Posted January 04, 2011
As a current junior at Sabino, I can honestly say that I could not have wished for a better high school. The academics are spot on, with teachers who really know what they're talking about and who enjoy teaching their students. The AP program is particularly solid, from history to English to foreign languages to science and math. Athletics are equally as prominent, with some of the best teams in the state. The foothills campus is gorgeous and safe. I don't know where these other reviews are getting an impression of danger! Students, staff, and visitors alike are required to display IDs at all times. As for the students, I've found Sabino to be downright NICE. Not only that, they are involved in the community and many of the myriad of clubs. My freshman year was spent at another "popular" high school, and, well, I prefer my Sabercats. Drugs are a non-issue, a rarity. So if you want four years spent learning in a friendly, driven atmosphere, come to Sabino. rawr.

Posted July 24, 2010
I have one child entering 11th grade and one having graduated 2 years ago who is now intering his junior year at Cal Tech. Most of the teachers at Sabino have prepared both my children extremely well for college. They have been rated as an excelling school since the inception of the rating system. They have recently been recognized by Intel as a school with excellent math and science programs. They also now have an excellent 3-year engineering program that my daughter finds both challenging and fun. She now wants to study engineering at Purdue University.

Posted June 20, 2010
The "leaders" of this school should have all been fired a long time ago. There are horrible things that happen at this school and the administration just sweeps it under the rug, and they do not discipline accordingly. They seem to want their school to appear as a perfect paradise where nothing can go wrong. Do not send your child here. It is not a safe school, and if something bad happens, no one will help. Not even a little bit. The academics are also terrible. After graduating, my daughter and a lot of other Sabino students I know of did not pass the math placement test at the University of Arizona and had to go to a community college for their math classes.

Posted April 11, 2010
The campus is beautiful, the sports programs are good as well as a few teachers. Mostly the administration tries to cover up anything they think is bad, and fail to actually deal with any situations. They do put on a good show with the smiles and earnest assurances, but thats as far as it gets. They seem to want to keep the parents away and appear to favor students who are good in sports, white, or have wealthy parents. Fortunately, my child falls into the 'good' criteria. But my child has friends who are not and I see what happens to them. I would not recommend this school to anyone and regret sending my child there. Discrimination is discrimination even if its wrapped in a pretty package.

Sabino High School 4

Posted May 11, 2009
I am outraged with the parents comments, of questioning safety at Sabino, when it is on the North East side of Tucson. How much safer can this high school get? My only complaing is the lack of diversity! My education was wonderful, as well as offered extra curricular events and sports! The teachers made an amazing effort, and now I am graduate from college with Summa Cum Laude!

Posted February 15, 2009

Posted February 11, 2009
I have volunteered at this school quite a few times, and have found the staff that I have worked with to be very helpful. The students that I have worked with have been respectfull and exciting to work with. Both the academics and sports programs I feel have some great strengths and should be commended for.

Sabino High School
5000 North Bowes Road, Tucson, AZ  85749
Last modified Sabino High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sabino High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top