Tucson, AZ
Students enrolled: 1,808

Sahuaro High School 4

Posted February 22, 2012
The only problem has been filling a teacher position, but they have been fair to the students on grading, with the situation. I have been happy with all the teachers and there efferts to help.

Posted February 21, 2012
I have a Junior and a Freshman on the campus here and I was very glad we picked Saguro to attend. It is true there are problems but look around and find a school in any district that has no problems. Saguaro has problems but I have found that the teachers are great here and my kids truly love this school. They have ups and downs but there are more ups than downs and my kids are getting support from teachers and admin. My son is very involved in Football that has a very supportive staff that not alone cares how my son plays but what their grades are. Most schools don't care about that if you play. This school is very serious about it. I could not be more thrilled. My daughter is not involved in a lot but she still enjoys all of the teachers and the fun she has had in school. She does not feel left out or treated badly at all. Yes, there are some clothing choices I wish would get addressed but I have seen worse in some of the middle schools and at the mall. I feel that is partly the parents not keeping a close eye on their kids. I feel this is a great school and we are proud to support it.

Posted November 15, 2011
i would not recommend this school for upcoming freshman. there are alot of days where the freshman would get bullied and no one would do anything about it. also the rules were never enforced always people wearing stuff that hookers should be wearing. i have to addmite there were so fun times but minus that nothing is good about this school..

Posted March 06, 2011
My daughter was bullied and the staff did not stop it. Her car was vandalized 6 times in one month on school grounds, we reported it to the police and school. Nothing was done, even after we gave names of eye witnesses and students who had information about the events. I notified the district, that was the only time I could get a return phone call from the school, only to be told that the only student talked to was the one we knew was bulling my child, and of course she would always say she did not do that. My daughter was in drama and a cheerleader, we ended up taking her out of the school and let her finish up the 3 classes she needed to graduate online. They are not military friendly for those who are in the military. They dont understand deployments, or other commitments due to military life.

Posted May 27, 2009
I like this school very much. The Principal is down to earth and is THERE. The Teachers all have good connections with the kids and the Fine Arts cannot be beat. They do incredible work with the kids. If a kid gets just a little involved in ANYTHING, they will have a great HS experience here.

Posted February 15, 2009
This school is a great learning environment. All the students need to do is ask for help. The teachers are always willing to help. There is a diverse amount of Extracurricular activities at Sahuaro to suit every student's needs.

Posted August 23, 2008
This is our second year at Sahuaro and I couldn't be more proud of the choices we made to attend. I did much research while my son was in middle school and choose Sahuaro as an open enrollment/school of choice school. My son enjoys playing basketball and even gave a chance to volleyball. The atletic director and trainer have become a great resource to my son to the point of him having an interest in Sports Medicince! Oh what a feeling! The teachers can be supportive! Of course those always those that should retire and move on. I gave all his teachers my open door policy and found the communication to be successful! I love the fact I can track his daily assignments and attendance. Anything is possible if given half a chance!

Posted March 06, 2008
I am a parent and this school although not rich in funds is rich in support and academics for the student. We have access to how our student is doing on a daily basis if we want it. We are called and notified of activites and opprotunitites for training and scholarships as well as extra study help to prepare for state tests. The help if there for any who truly wants it.

Posted September 18, 2007
I am a freshman at Sahuaro currently. School is not 'clickish'. As for problems with school, all it takes is for the student to ASK. Conference Periods were created for this sole purpose and to make up work. Teachers expect a student to ask them if there is any problems with the subject in class. As for tolerance in diversity, I never see any negative comments that are cause any students to take amiss. I myself am asian. As for Cheerleaders and jocks rule, that is completely not true. What is true is that being in other activities allows others to make more friends. Sitting in the corner during lunch alone perhaps will be a horrible experience if that happens. Overall, Sahuaro has a positive atmosphere and great teachers.

Posted August 30, 2007
School is very clickish. Do not expect Any help if your child has any problems with school. I am so sorry that my son had to deal with this unprofessional, unhelpful, uncaring school.

Sahuaro High School
545 N. Camino Seco, Tucson, AZ  85710
Last modified Sahuaro High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sahuaro High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top