Posted August 01, 2013
Its too bad they dont allow you to rank NO stars. This is the absolute worst school. Way to many fights, drugs and gang related stuff happens on campus. Worst of all the srltaff doesnt care, an if your a student an you call 911 they try to suspend you!! They need to get someone in who knows how to manage a building full of teenage drama.

Santa Rita High School 4

Posted July 15, 2013
Santa Rita moved up in rank thanks to the new administration. New teachers got hired and all the bad ones are gone. Both of my kids went there. They have new programs to offer. They have a variety of sports to offer.Make sure your kids get into one. The security is in constant watch to make sure students are safe. The new principle and his assistants do care for the school and students. Now this school can compete for the best high schools in Tucson. The only thing I saw that parents at high school level don't get too much involvement they think kids are old enough to solve their problems. Please parents get more involve with you kids' teachers to make them succeed and make this one of the best schools in Tucson. If you provide your e-mail they will always keep in contact with you and you'll be always informed of anything that goes on on the school. Events sports ,etc. because of parents I did not gave them 5 stars.

Santa Rita High School 5

Posted February 13, 2013
I believe that as time passes, with the new principle. Changing the school from a low rated school, to a high rating school takes time. Being a graduate from there I was happy that he has taken over a poor excelling school to work with the educators to make it an excelling school. I know when I was a student he, as well as the educators pushed us to do our very best. I believed he made it a much safer school with the difficulties he was left with after the principle left from before him. I think that the teachers have learned new ways in having more teacher student interaction, with tutoring. I cannot wait to see what it is like when I get my educational degree, and become a teacher there.

Posted May 17, 2012
This school has no parent teacher communication. My child ditched a lot and I was never called by anyone, just a machine. Its like the kids just get lost in the system and no one cares.

Santa Rita High School 5

Posted June 29, 2011
i love this school. everything is great about it. no complaints. love love love love love love love love.

Santa Rita High School 4

Posted November 01, 2010
I have been here since 2003, and I love it. The school has been through a lot of changes, and many of the former comments were under former leadership - prior to our Small Learning Communities Grant. We now have 3 academic academies based on student interests in Science & Engineering, Business & Entrepreneurship, and Fine Arts & Media. There are also 2 academies designed to meet the needs of Freshmen and Sophomores. Students choose their academy based on their interests and elective course choices. The faculty is incredibly resilient and resourceful, and has learned to accept change. Over 90 minutes of tutoring is built into the schedule every week, and teachers teach in a modified block that prepares students for the post-secondary schedules of college and the work place. 3 of the faculty members are former alumni, and several teachers have brought their own children to Santa Rita High School.

Santa Rita High School 0

Posted September 16, 2009
It's not the prettiest school in town. It's not the richest or fanciest school in town, but the staff and faculty really care about the kids. I graduated from there in 1979 and now my youngest child is a senior there and will be graduating in May. We are a proud Santa Rita legacy :)

Santa Rita High School 0

Posted August 08, 2009
I am currently a student at Santa Rita High School, and I find my school to be one of te best schools out there. Yes, I do agree with some of the other reviews about a lot of ditching going on here, but there's ditching at a lot of schools, not just S.R. The teachers do care if their students are failing or falling behind in their studies. They offer tutoring after school and during lunch time. It is true we are not allowed to go inside the buildings at lunch, but we are allowed to go in to see teachers or to get something from our lockers. The teachers do allow you to use the restroom when you need to go, but if you go everyday in their class...they most likely won't let you go during their class any more.

Posted April 08, 2009
Some of the staff at the school do not care what happens to the students, there are a mulitple number of fights there and it is a all around unfriendly school. You are not allowed in the building at lunch and if you need to go to the bathroom during class most of the teachers do not let you go

Posted April 05, 2009
Don't willingly move to an area where your child would have to go to this school. As a former student, I have found this to be one of the worst schools I have ever attended. A lot of ditching went on, it was too easy to get lost in the shuffle of kids, the teacher's don't have time for the one's that need it the most, if you find yourself failing it takes a long time for them to notice or care that you need help. The teacher's could care less about the student's that fail to show up or even fail the class. My experience with this school has been extremely negative and would never recommend this school. They have school monitors all around, but that has never deterred student's from jumping the fence to ditch, or to go smoke around the bulidings. The solution for 'trouble' kids is weak.

Santa Rita High School
3951 S. Pantano Rd, Tucson, AZ  85730
Last modified Santa Rita High School is a Public school that serves grades 8-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Santa Rita High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top