Schumaker Elementary School 5

Posted June 04, 2009
My son's been attending Schumaker for 5 years. This August will mark his sixth year at the school. We have a closer school just down the street from our house but I drive him to school so that he can remain in Schumaker. We love the school, the staff and the friends he's made. He really struggled with reading his first few years and attended kindergarden twice. With the help of the wonderful teachers, speech therapist and IEP, he's finally reading at his grade level and doesn't need to be pulled from class for extra reading help.

Schumaker Elementary School 2

Posted October 29, 2008
I am a parent of a child attending this school. So far, I've not received one --not one bit of positive feedback regarding my child--who has lots of energy but thrives for positive reinforcement...as we all do. I enjoy the current techer, but have encountered some very harsh labeling amongst a young group of children. Let's hope things get better. I'm thinking Private School next year.

Schumaker Elementary School 1

Posted March 08, 2008

Schumaker Elementary School 4

Posted July 21, 2005

Schumaker Elementary School 3

Posted July 17, 2005

Schumaker Elementary School 2

Posted June 20, 2005
My children attended schumaker in the past and the key word was attended. I was very disappointed with the large class sizes, and lack of teacher involvment. The school is not a clean as it should be with garbage on the grounds and the halls are very cluttered with excess supplies that teachers can not keep in the class rooms because of the class sizes. Office personel not very helpful when we needed it. I am looking forward to my children starting at a new school that includes me in their education process.

Schumaker Elementary School 4

Posted November 04, 2004
My son attended Schumaker from first grade through fifth. I was impressed with all but one of his teachers. The principal was caring, professional and upbeat. Concerns were addressed immediately by teachers as well as the principal. The class sizes seemed large, but most teachers had an assistant and a parent volunteer in the classroom, so students had plenty of supervision and individual attention. They did an excellent job of preparing my son for the transition to middle school.

Schumaker Elementary School 5

Posted August 13, 2004
This is a wonderful school with a true sense of community! Parents, teachers, students, and community members have come together to create a school that my children love to attend. Theuy look forward to going to school.

Schumaker Elementary School
501 N. Maguire Avenue, Tucson, AZ  85710
Last modified Schumaker Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Schumaker Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 8 reviews.