Bad
Good

Posted April 15, 2016
Two months after a "specialty bullying taskforce" is implemented and it seems NOTHING has changed, accept a new interim principal that cannot manage this school either! BULLYING, RACIAL SLURS, and SEXUAL HARASSMENT are daily issues my daughter has faced and it's ONLY HER 4th DAY here since moving from out of state! They've put my daughter (who's receiving special education) on the wrong bus, reprimanded her for ditching when she was unsure of where she should be. They have changed her schedule 3 times in 4 days. They are clueless to her IEP and will not allow her to continue advanced courses due to lack of attendants! Class disruptions are a constant problem. Secrist gets an "F" in my book when it comes to creating an environment that is conducive to learning.

Posted May 28, 2010
We cannot recommend this particular school to any exceptional child family! We found Zero tolerance policies to be zealously guarded and enforced regardless of circumstance or student category.

Secrist Middle School 4

Posted May 26, 2010
My daughter is finishing up her second year today. She has done extremely well. She has excellent teachers and we have been very happy here. My son will be starting there next year with his sister. I am sorry to hear of the post below.

Secrist Middle School 4

Posted April 12, 2010
I am a very involved parent and I feel Secrist is a great school. My daughter is in her second year under open enrollment. I initially chose Secrist (over Gridley) for the low population (around 500 students). The student - teacher ratio is about the same as other neighboring TUSD schools. With the exception of one or two, teachers and office staff have been wonderful. The assistant principle stays on top of everything. She has attended many if not all of the sports events, and has always been available when needed. She truly seems to care about the students. My daughter loves the school. Teachers and staff have been quick to respond to any concerns I have had. I highly recommend this school.

Posted December 31, 2009
Jim Christ (principal) is very rude to both parents and students.

Posted September 17, 2009
Disjointed staff and an equally uninterested and arrogant principal. I would not recommend Secrist!

Secrist Middle School

Posted December 18, 2008
I just completed my 3rd year teaching a core class at Secrist. As a teacher, I am highly certified and have my Masters degree. Secrist is a neighborhood school, a best-kept secret, the smart choice. The teachers work extremely well together; leadership is very supportive. This is a wonderful school to teach in and to learn in; the student body is remarkable. Secrist offers an extensive library, multiple sports, GATE classes, Language Arts Honors, Spanish, Math, Science, plus many extracurricular classes. PTA & parent support have skyrocketed the last two years. Come see why we enjoy going to school everyday. We care.

Posted September 24, 2008
This school is absolutely great. I love the atmosphere and the learning environment is the cleanest of all middle schools! (This is true, they have won the Cleanest School of the Year Award 4 years in a row now) It's really easy to make friends and everyone finds a group of friends to hang out with so no one is left out! The teachers are great too! Overall, Secrist is great.

Posted August 31, 2008
The school has a wonderful staff that really cares about the students. There are many activities for students to get involved in from fine arts to athletics. Academics are stressed

Posted July 19, 2007
This school is excellent! Secrist Middle school has nice and encouraging teachers that will help you every step of the way. As a student here, I have to say the grading scale is very good here. I managed to get all A's all of my three school years here and maintain a 4.0 grade average. The only reason your child would fail here is if they don't TRY! I know that if you didn't do an assignment here, the teachers would send you to lunch detention so you can finish it and get at least an F with 50 points on it. If you didn't understand or do the homework you could come in before school or during lunch time to get that homework done and still get full points! So I say go for Secrist, great teachers, great staff, and a great Principal.

Secrist Middle School
3400 South Houghton Rd, Tucson, AZ  85730
Last modified Secrist Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.