Sunrise Drive Elementary School 3

Posted December 13, 2014
We used to love Sunrise Elementary. This is my child's 4th year at this school, it's been a rocky semester. Sunrise has had three principals in the past 4 years. It also emphasizes the Chinese immersion program and the English only classes are crowded. My fourth graders class has 33 students in it! The teacher is good but overwhelmed. We like the cultural diversity and the new playground. The new principal is friendly and knows children / families. The district needs to firmly cap enrollment to allow excellent teachers to educate not simply teach to the lowest standards and keep kids safe in over crowded classrooms.

Posted March 09, 2014
LOVE this school!!! coming from another school, Sunrise has been such a relief because it's very great academically and the kids are happy.

Posted March 09, 2014
The Chinese immersion program is great. This is the best program in Tucson right now for native English speakers to learn Chinese.

Posted February 14, 2014
Sunrise is a great school. My child has had the opportunity for extended learning, where each child is taught at their level in the classroom. My child has the advantage of having physical education, art, music, and Spanish. My child loves that the teachers are caring and I love that the teachers are educated in their fields of study. Even with the transition to a new principal this school continues to excel. My child has attended this school for 3 years and we have had nothing but positive experiences.

Posted February 14, 2014
This school is excellent. My child loves the teachers, the staff, and the after school opportunities.

Sunrise Drive Elementary School 4

Posted October 24, 2013
Mrs Bergerson, the 3rd grade teacher does a good job. My son really likes her.

Posted October 24, 2013
The first year of the Chinese Immersion program is going well so far. My son loves the program and is eager to learn more. Hats off to the English and Chinese teachers in First Grade!

Sunrise Drive Elementary School 2

Posted June 20, 2013
Have been disappointed by this school. The principal and 16 teachers have left the school this year. What does this say about how it's being run? My son's teacher clearly hated her job and had ridiculously high standards for grading. My child did not enjoy a single day of his year and did not feel encouraged or motivated by the monotonous worksheets requiredevery day. Parents seem to form groups that stick together and do not welcome newcomers. A lot of effort is being put into a Chinese immersion program, when more basic problems need to be addressed.

Sunrise Drive Elementary School 2

Posted April 13, 2013
Sunrise Drive has many places to improve. My child was tramatized by one of the teachers. I filed a complaint to the District and never heard a word. The lack of open dialog is disappointing. My child's teacher this year is adequate. She teaches to the middle and has a difficult time reaching children outside the bell shaped curve. The Principal is also more focused on moving on to here new job at a private school than addressing concerns brought to her attention. There are good teachers but my child does not have one this year. Hoping for better leadership next year.

Posted October 15, 2012
Sunrise Drive is a well organized school. The teachers are wonderful and the Principal is outstanding. My daugther is very happy attending this school. She feels that the parents, teachers and students are all very nice. Grade level teachers work well together, they work as a team. This is our third year there and I believe my daughter is receiving an excellent education.

Sunrise Drive Elementary School
5301 E. Sunrise Drive, Tucson, AZ  85718
Last modified Sunrise Drive Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sunrise Drive Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 37 reviews. Top