Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

This school's program for students with disabilities is fantastic. They integrate all students in the general education setting and offer appropriate support.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

The leadership in this school is student-centered. The teachers and administrator work hard to get to know each individual.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Teachers are held to the same standard as the students. Teachers who are not effective are given guidance to improve their instruction.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

Homework is given to support instruction and is reasonable.

My children have attended Sunrise Drive Elementary school since 2011. After leaving a high-quality school district in the East to move to Tucson, I was concerned about the level of education my children would be offered in Arizona. I have been so pleased at Sunrise. The staff has high, but reasonable, expectations for the students and holds the students to those standards. The students are taught how to not give up when working on solving difficult problems or on difficult assignments. The teachers and administrator teach and model kindness and responsibility. This school has exceeded my expectations and I am so glad my children had the chance to attend Sunrise.

I have been very happy with my son's experience at Sunrise Drive. He has special needs and has always been accepted by peers and adults throughout his years here. Everywhere we go in the community someone always says "Hello" or says a positive comment too him. If my son is not around, people make positive comments about him to us. The school counselor regularly teaches lessons in classes about kindness, acceptance and friendships which I think positively contribute my son's great experience.

My daughter has had a great experience at this school. The educational programming is phenomenal and challenges her. She is pushed to be a critical thinker and problem solver. She loves going to school and constantly talks about what she has learned after the school day. In response to another review about bullying, I completely disagree. My daughter participates in kindness and social lessons taught by the school counselor and teachers. When I am on campus, I always see students being kind to one another. In addition, she has students in her class with special needs and the students are inclusive and kind. The school also offers great opportunities after school through the Community Schools program. My daughter has taken several classes and enjoyed them.

Develops character: Strongly agree

I think they try to teach the kids to be kind, it would be cool if they could do ben's bells or something like that too.

My daughter is in the Chinese Immersion Program and she really loves it and is learning a lot. I don't know what the class sizes are in the English only classes, but in the immersion classes, the class sizes are really small. Her class has 18 or 19 kids I think.

I would not send my children back to this school. The principal allows underhanded bullying and the class sizes are high. There is no character education or kindness curriculum being taught. If you can send your children to Manzanita or a private school instead.

Last modified Sunrise Drive Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.