Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

I have been very happy with my son's experience at Sunrise Drive. He has special needs and has always been accepted by peers and adults throughout his years here. Everywhere we go in the community someone always says "Hello" or says a positive comment too him. If my son is not around, people make positive comments about him to us. The school counselor regularly teaches lessons in classes about kindness, acceptance and friendships which I think positively contribute my son's great experience.

My daughter has had a great experience at this school. The educational programming is phenomenal and challenges her. She is pushed to be a critical thinker and problem solver. She loves going to school and constantly talks about what she has learned after the school day. In response to another review about bullying, I completely disagree. My daughter participates in kindness and social lessons taught by the school counselor and teachers. When I am on campus, I always see students being kind to one another. In addition, she has students in her class with special needs and the students are inclusive and kind. The school also offers great opportunities after school through the Community Schools program. My daughter has taken several classes and enjoyed them.

Develops character: Strongly agree

I think they try to teach the kids to be kind, it would be cool if they could do ben's bells or something like that too.

My daughter is in the Chinese Immersion Program and she really loves it and is learning a lot. I don't know what the class sizes are in the English only classes, but in the immersion classes, the class sizes are really small. Her class has 18 or 19 kids I think.

I would not send my children back to this school. The principal allows underhanded bullying and the class sizes are high. There is no character education or kindness curriculum being taught. If you can send your children to Manzanita or a private school instead.

Develops character: Neutral

There is no character education and the children get away with excluding others. Do not expect your children to make long lasting friendships

This is an excellent school with wonderful programs and teachers. My son thoroughly enjoyed his time at this school and I wish that he could have stayed. Since we are out of district, the distance to the school from our home made it a challenge to get there on time every day. The parking lot to get in and out of the school in the morning and afternoon can get very congested, though the staff does a great job at making this as smooth of a process as they can. My only issue that we had was that we had originally put our son on the waiting list for before and after-school care on campus before the start of the school year. When I called to find out his place on the wait list I was informed that he was moved to the bottom of the wait list and that they had tried to contact me. I asked which phone number they used and it was not my phone number, yet we had to remain at the bottom of the wait list and he was never given a spot in before and after-school care which was part of the reason we had to eventually switch schools. I do recommend this school to parents.

I'm really happy with Sunrise. It's supportive and they have a lot of programs. My daughter is really happy there.

We used to love Sunrise Elementary. This is my child's 4th year at this school, it's been a rocky semester. Sunrise has had three principals in the past 4 years. It also emphasizes the Chinese immersion program and the English only classes are crowded. My fourth graders class has 33 students in it! The teacher is good but overwhelmed. We like the cultural diversity and the new playground. The new principal is friendly and knows children / families. The district needs to firmly cap enrollment to allow excellent teachers to educate not simply teach to the lowest standards and keep kids safe in over crowded classrooms.

The Chinese immersion program is great. This is the best program in Tucson right now for native English speakers to learn Chinese.

Last modified Sunrise Drive Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.