Tucson, AZ

Tanque Verde Elementary School 3

Posted May 02, 2012
WONDERFUL if you don't have a SPED kid. Okay if you have a SPED kid and don't ask for much. Our child goes there. But our friends with a SPED kid had to leave. Could not get appropriate services and were told their kid didn't need help but school in Phoenix was glad to help them. People shouldn't have to move because their kid is SPED. Felt bad for the parents and the kid. My kid isn't SPED and is doing well. But I'm not very well liked because the principal (and speech person) know I know what they did to this family. Yes, you can send your kid without junk food. However, most teachers don't seem to care that there's a river of sugar running through most classrooms. Birthdays, "special occasions" and "contests" (like bringing in the most box tops, copy paper for the office, etc.) can EASILY result in your child being offered upwards of 500 pure junk calories each and every single week.

Posted January 06, 2012
WE love this school. This is our first year here and my 5th grader has been very well accepted by her peers. Our family is not white and we have been welcomed with open arms. The teachers are amazing and very dedicated!! You do need to get involved and willing to help in the classroom and with school activities and you will see how nice people truly are. My daughter was in another school from pre-school to 4th grade and wanted to try another school and she just loves TVES!!

Tanque Verde Elementary School 3

Posted December 11, 2011
The teachers are nice, good school academically but socially speaking I'm disappointed. It was very hard for my daughter to make friends. She is a bright bilingual child with good grades. I was not surprise to read other posts complaining about the same thing. people are not friendly to outsiders in this school. If you are not white you are a GHOST , they don't care to meet you. My daughter came to this school from a non public school system in the area, we never had this problem. My daughter will be moved to a more diverse open school: St Gregory's.

Posted December 08, 2011
We moved from Northern Arizona the summer of 2010. We rented a home that ended up being in the Tanque Verde School District. I had never heard of Tanque Verde Schools before. We had a 6th, 3rd, 1st and pre-k that we enrolled. We have been very happy with our experience at Tanque Verde Elementary School and also with the pre-school. The teachers and staff have been wonderful. I can tell that they love what they are doing and that my Childs success means alot to them. I have never felt that I wasn't good enough or that there were clicks and that I didn't belong. The office staff and others that I came in contact with were always friendly and helpful. I loved the "specials" that they had. They had Spanish, music, art, PE and computer lab. I LOVED TVES! We had to move in the fall of 2011 to another school district that is also an A+ school and I'm still waiting to be impressed. :(

Tanque Verde Elementary School 4

Posted February 01, 2011
TVE survived the times pretty well; class size reasonable & many specials like Spanish, art, music are offered, plus they have a science lab staffed with a wonderful teacher. There are great teachers here, but lack of leadership hurts and year after year the brightest leave for basis or St. Gregs and the board & superintendent do nothing to address this issue. While cluster grouping has helped, it is not expanded to all grades because the principal can't get teachers to cooperate. Who is in charge? Overall a good school, but a reviewer stating it is full of liberals is a JOKE! This is a Republican, conservative district with few open minded liberals, one of the downsides to this district -- lily white Christian & intolerant of differences. However, if you fit this mold you will find people friendly and down to earth.

Posted July 30, 2010
My son attends TVES as an open enrollment student. We live within the district boundaries but have chosen not to attend ACES for personal reasons. TVES has been a fantastic environment for my son. The specialized PE teacher is outstanding. Each of his classroom teachers has been outstanding. We feel very lucky to be a part of this school.

Tanque Verde Elementary School 0

Posted October 28, 2009
Much better than ACES for leadership and special needs.

Posted October 12, 2008
I'm a new parent at TVES; we are an open-enrollment family. We absolutely love the school. They have helped my daughter and she has grown in her studies, even as she was behind at the start of this 2008-2009 school year. Her teacher is excellent, as are the office staff. We have been welcomed by all.

Tanque Verde Elementary School 0

Posted October 11, 2008
I will be pulling my student out this year too, I think they are too worried about their excelling label to help kids who need it. The most important thing is self-esteem, and it can hurt a child's self-esteem if they feel like an outsider.

Posted April 28, 2008
My son transferred to TVES as a first grader this year. We couldn't be happier. The teachers are wonderful, and the school leadership is excellent. We have found the school community to be very friendly.

Tanque Verde Elementary School
2600 N Fennimore, Tucson, AZ  85749
Last modified Tanque Verde Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Tanque Verde Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top