Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Administration here abuse their power to the extreme. The school is unsafe. Children are not supervised. Teachers and staff here are either a hit or a miss. Many are incredibly inappropriate and not good are effectively educating. There is a lack of structure in many classes. The students are entitled and cruel to others. They are also extremely clique-y. Overall would not reccomend if you like feeling good about yourself or would like to be safe in a place that should be safe.

Lots of homework, but it's a great education and a great experience. I came from a small school and I'm finding that not only am I learning a lot about academics, but I am also learning about going to a larger school like UHS.

In my opinion UHS is a great school. Like my middle school, it is challenging, but the difference is that most of the teachers actually care about the individual student and not just their grades and test scores. Of course, there are some bad teachers in the faculty, but the majority of the faculty is fabulous. Also, the community is very hospitable, something I never experienced in my schooling before coming to UHS. Although academics can be tough sometimes and students mostly don't get all A's, the classes are so high level that colleges will often take and give scholarships to students who have B's or even C's on their transcripts.

University High School has plenty of resources that a student can go to to get help. As a student I know because I find myself using these resources whenever it i getting hard to keep up. For example if you are struggling on any level in math you can always go to math tutoring on mondays tuesdays and thursdays. UHS is a great school that offers lots of assistance available if the student asks for it. As a junior at University High I have experienced my highs and lows but I know that help is available and it's possible to get straight A's if you put in the effort.

As a parent of a Sophomore,I need to say this school is a role model school for whole US for being in Top 50 nationwide high schools. 100% students population is bound to college every year with drop rate 0%. last year scholaships tottled at 31 millions. excellent, very well experienced teachers, AP Curricullum leads to their success every year. I am really happy that my kid is in UHS and he is having his education very well including improvement in academics. also want to say, UHS has high ranking BAND and Ochestra and athletics and sport teams.

I am impressed with the way University High School (Tucson), keeps approximately 73% of it's student body population throughout the four years. To begin with 245 students, and end up with 178 graduating students (see above) is great. However, some schools, like Basis-Tucson, keep only 35% of it's population; using the same formula I used. Stats came from USNews Reports. This should matter to parents; the level of support your child will receive over their 4 year journey. Will a school really stick by your child when times get tough, or will they sell them out for rankings before they are seniors? I look forward to sending my child to UHS-Tucson this next year, the #1 high school in the state, with a low attrition rate.

My daughter just started August 2nd and I am already very impressed. She has attended both private and charter schools and never been challenged like she is here, and it is just the first week. The parents get homework too. Every teacher sent home a class syllabus(including drama) with very clear rules and expectations for the students that had to be read and signed by parents as well. My daughter has done nothing but rave about teachers and curriculum and always wants to be there an hour early to take advantage of the multiple advising opportunities available. For the first time in years she is excited about school and eager to get there every morning.

Excellent school with great teachers and students. Good balance with a difficult curriculum, but not overworked to allow time for extra-curricular activities.

I have just attended my child's graduatioon from this school. After the ceremony I asked every graduate I knew if it was worth it, and without exception the answer was a resounding "YES". It IS competitive, and it takes hard work, but I feel it is likely the best education in a city where education quality is poor. The teachers do a good job with minimal financial help, and my son and I are grateful for the opportunity. The graduates (176 I think) qualified for over $26 million this year. That is a wonderful accomplishment so stop complaining!

I am a student and I have to say that this school is an amazing idea that was poorly executed. Gifted students DO need a place to go, and this school works for that, however academically they don't care about what you want. Just because we are gifted doesn't mean we want to be forced into several AP classes every year. Also the entrance exam only lets in smarter students. Smarter does not mean they enjoy busywork... we want challenging work. It's a better deal to go to the local high school and get easy A's than be forced to take intense classes to get C's which make you ineligible for scholarships.

Last modified University High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.