Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Valencia Middle School 3

Posted July 12, 2016
I have two children at VMS. The staff is not the issue. I have never had a problem with a staff member not giving me information or including me in my child's education. The only problem my kids seem to experience is minor bullying or other kids who don't want to be there taking time away from students that do. The education they have received is excellent, but it is due to parent/teacher cooperation. You have to put forth effort to be involved in what your kids are doing. The school is not going to bend over backwards begging you to be involved.

Posted April 27, 2016
The worst middle school by far! Our youngest child out of four attended Valencia Middle school. The teachers and staff do the bare minimum to get through the day in order to move on to the next. Luckily, our daughter had a teacher at home to help her when she didn't understand something in class. Finding out that half of the time the teachers at Valencia didn't understand what they were teaching the class to begin with. The staff and office personnel were generally uncooperative and arrogant. Student recognition for academic or athletic achievements were almost nonexistent. The athletic department (coaching staff) did not know the sport they were coaching well enough to be helpful to the students. No Track, Volleyball, or Basketball meets, statistics, or results were ever posted regardless whether it was optional to the coaches or not. We were always told that they didn't have time to do so yet, the other schools coaching staff always found the time. The teachers and staff very seldom sent notices home until last minute if at all. If you are concerned about your child's education I would not recommend sending them to this school. I believe they scraped the bottom of the barrel when employing the entire staff for this school.

Posted December 11, 2012
Do not send your child here! Parental involvement is NOT encouraged. Teachers are uncooperative. The few good teachers leave. In the three years that my child has been there, they are on the third principal. I will not be sending my younger child there, even though we live within walking distance. I would rather drive across town to a good school! Valencia is one of the worst!

Posted March 27, 2010
Over crowded is understatement. My6th grader only there 3 wks was almost ganged up on by a large group of girls.Never brought home work home. Drugs offered to her. This schools rep lived up to it. If your child is a girl and attractive don't send her there.

Valencia Middle School 3

Posted July 21, 2009
I go to vms im an 8th grader this year i think valencia is a great school they excide you to your best. Over all some people say this school is 'getto' or something its not ! its a great school even though the unifoms arn't that great but the spirit assemblys are bomb! im also in sports the coaches get you in great conditioning for the season its great gong there im proud of being a jagure! go vms!

Posted August 18, 2008
All of my children have gone to valencia middle school even though i was hesitant it is a pretty good school and the violence rumors are things from 4 years ago so parents do be discourage.

Posted May 19, 2008
My daughter is in the 8th grade, she has had 3 different principles. She has had home work maybe 10 times in the whole 3 years. Some of her teachers are not accredited. And she just got a math teacher and school is almost over. The school is one of the worst.

Posted November 29, 2007
this is the best school ever...I went there for 6th, 7th, and 8th grade....and I have wonderful memories of valencia middle school...

Valencia Middle School 5

Posted September 02, 2007
I Go To VMS Im A 7th grader I Went For 6th Grade Too The School is GREAT! But It Needs To Be Bigger These days with the growing number of students, thats year there was 1,000 6th graders! I plan on going to Valencia for my 8th grade year also. Even though the uniforms aren't all that great. Valenica is mainly Mexican's. The fact that it's located on the South Side of Tucson Az. But Over all I have fun going everyday and attending our Sprit Assemblys. Go Jaguars!

Valencia Middle School 5

Posted June 02, 2006
I went to Valencia the 2nd year it opened, and attended 6th-8th grade. The teachers were great, and the orchestra's music program was fun. I was on the honor roll all 3 years, cheerleader in 6th grade, and was greatly encouraged to succeed. My class even put on an Opera in 6th grade! I enjoyed my years there.

4400 West Irvington Rd, Tucson, AZ  85746
Last modified Valencia Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.