Tucson, AZ

Ventana Vista Elementary School 2

Posted May 08, 2015
I moved into this district when my daughter started kindergarten to take advantage of the Spanish Immersion program. This was the first year the program was in place and it was a very rocky year, but understandable with a new program. We had great teachers for first and second grade and my daughter thrived, though there were problems at the school and on the bus with bullying. The next year things went downhill because there was great lack of effective communication from the teacher and the principal. The following year, my daughter experienced bullying from a school aide, which was witnessed and reported by other children, and the principal chose to take no action at all. I removed my daughter immediately and enrolled her in the Vail Schools. AMAZING school (Senita Valley). We had nothing to compare VV with before, now that I do, I see just how many problems exist at VV. Many good teachers at VV, but poor leadership.

Posted April 16, 2015
Two of my children have attended this school. (one still there) My children have not had even one mediocre teacher--all teachers have been excellent. Principal is very effective and personable. Staff is friendly. I have observed some harsh treatment by special ed classroom assistants (not teachers) towards kids they work with--unprofessional and downright inhumane. However, the 5 stars is still deserved because there are at least two unbelievably outstanding Special Ed classroom assistants. New art teacher is lovely. PE teacher is fantastic. I hope we can match him next year when he leaves. Overall, Ventana Vista is a very positive place to be. I feel good leaving my child there every day. I see that my child is learning A LOT. His teacher is simply outstanding. I hope these things do not change at VV.

Posted August 02, 2014
Ventana Vista is a great school. My child was in the grade 1/2 multiage last year and I am very happy with his progress. He will continue in 2nd grade this year with the same teacher. His teachers are nurturing and have high expectations. He is not in Spanish immersion but he goes to Spanish class 4 times a week. There are a lot of extracurricular activities offered. The best thing about the school is that they offer extended math in grades 2-5, so students who are skilled in math can basically be one grade ahead every year. Even though I was told my son wouldn't get to have extended math until 2nd grade, the teachers put him and other first graders who were great at math in a second grade math class, and this made me very happy. There is no reason to go to any other school.

Posted May 15, 2014
My 2 sons have had a terrific year! Their teachers have been very supportive in motivating and pushing them to do their best academically. One of them is in the multiage class (1st and 2nd) which has been a very positive experience. The teachers help one another and separate the 1st and 2nd graders when needed. This is not a new concept, and has been a success at many schools as well as Ventana. As far as the 5th grade. The class sizes are not big. There are exactly 26 and 27 students in each class. Compare that to most schools that have 30 students. My son has learned so much this year and will miss his teachers next year when he's at Esperero Middle School!

Posted January 23, 2014
I have two children in different grades in the Spanish immersion program at Ventana Vista, and I LOVE it. The school is wonderful -- teachers, principal, other kids, other parents, special classes, events and activities, etc. I can't say enough good things about the education my children are getting and the wonderful community that we are part of. No, not everything is perfect, but when there is a problem, people really seem to care about fixing it. Exactly what a great elementary school should be.

Posted January 22, 2014
My son is in Spanish immersion Kindergarten at Ventana Vista. We are so happy with the experience he has had all around and look forward to his continued success at the school!

Posted January 20, 2014
This is my second year at Ventana Vista and our family has been very happy with the school overall. The teachers are wonderful and supportive, the immersion program has been a positive experience and the principal, Mrs. Boling, has always been available and proactive when needed. My child loves his school, and I could not be happier with our choice to attend Ventana Vista.

Posted January 17, 2014
The Spanish Immersion program is a great opportunity at this school! They offer an educational fit for all students. The teachers are fantastic as well as the principal! We have been very happy with this school overall.

Posted January 16, 2014
Our son has specific academic needs that are being met and surpassed at Ventana Vista. His overall performance has improved 100% in just one school year. The dedication his educators have displayed is exemplary-our son has forged a real bond with his teachers and he now enjoys the entire learning experience. The principal and the teachers have worked together to assist us and our son with his learning and attention issues, to create learning environment conducive to his needs.

Posted January 16, 2014
I have 2 children attending Ventana Vista and we love it. The school itself is absolutely stunning - an architectural marvel sitting high in the Catalina Foothills. The serenity of the location adds a private feel to a bigger city school. The teachers are fabulous. My son is in fifth grade and the team is professional, creative, and extremely devoted to making sure every student is challenged to learn. Art, music, and physical education play a prominent role in the weekly curriculum, as students rotate these various "specials" from week to week. My daughter is in the third grade Spanish Immersion Program, where the foundations for a future of language learning and later fluency, are developed through regular lesson plans taught entirely in Spanish. The children are excited to go to school everyday, and always come home with daily stories about the things they learned and the great experiences they had. Ventana Vista is truly one of the best schools in Tucson.

Ventana Vista Elementary School
6085 N Kolb Rd, Tucson, AZ  85750
Last modified Ventana Vista Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ventana Vista Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 48 reviews. Top