Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

W Arthur Sewel Elementary School 5

Posted September 09, 2015
As a parent I would like to thank our new principal Robert Jewett for everything he does for our school. Sewell is a great school and it is indeed an "A" school ! My son is a second grader and he keeps doing great job at school , he's reading level is great , his math is good . He likes his school since he was a kindergartener. We have great teachers at Sewell . I do recommend this school to every patent!

Develops respect: Agree

Posted August 11, 2015
All public schools in AZ are held to the standards as mandated by the State. It has nothing to do with TUSD, it has everything to do with the impossible standards being put upon our kids by legislators who are determined to kill public education. Sewell has been good for us and my daughter has enjoyed her teachers so far. However, i am not fond of all th testing the kids are subjected to but the teachers/administration has no choice. If a parent is unhappy with the school, perhaps they should look at alternatives for their children.

W Arthur Sewel Elementary School 3

Posted July 30, 2015
The sad thing is that there are teachers there that strive to help, however, they are few and far between. The teachers are so focused on the stupid assessments anymore that they suck the childs love of learning right out. I think Mr Varga was such an important part of this school. My daughter had two very uninvolved teachers in a row. She went loving reading to hating it. The tests they give are so ridiculous! She is great at math but hates this too now. Children with disabilities are not properly taught, there was a boy in my daughters class who was constantly interrupting the class, all because the system is not focused on the individual child, sad we force testing as a measurement of our child's learning. It went from no child left behind to every child forced to same standards. We forget how unique and special each child is, crushing their true inner passions all to conform. TUSD is such a disgusting learning institute, but still finishing school myself is only place our children can receive supposed education. They have made my daughter dislike learning all together, thanks TUSD for ruining our young children's minds, stop conforming them!

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted July 30, 2015
More like crushes a child's love of learning. My daughter went from loving reading and being great at math, now she dislikes everything. So frustrated with TUSD as a whole.

Develops respect: Disagree

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted May 20, 2015
This school is horrible do not send your kids here. Lack of ambition & want to teach from the teachers. If the child is not an easy kid to teach than the the teachers give up on them. Lack of homework & academics. Don't know how this is an A school??

W Arthur Sewel Elementary School 4

Posted May 19, 2015
My daughter is ending 1st grade at Sewell. We have been there since her preschool years and have been very happy overall. She has had wonderful teachers and we love the small school atmosphere. She will be in GATE next year and I am hoping this will keep her busy at school. There has been a decline in parent participation and the new principal has huge shoes to fill after Mr. Varga retired. He was a powerhouse. I am hoping that next year, Mr. Jewett can bring that same enthuasium to Sewell.

425 North Sahuara Ave, Tucson, AZ  85711
Last modified W Arthur Sewel Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.