Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

As a parent I would like to thank our new principal Robert Jewett for everything he does for our school. Sewell is a great school and it is indeed an "A" school ! My son is a second grader and he keeps doing great job at school , he's reading level is great , his math is good . He likes his school since he was a kindergartener. We have great teachers at Sewell . I do recommend this school to every patent!

The sad thing is that there are teachers there that strive to help, however, they are few and far between. The teachers are so focused on the stupid assessments anymore that they suck the childs love of learning right out. I think Mr Varga was such an important part of this school. My daughter had two very uninvolved teachers in a row. She went loving reading to hating it. The tests they give are so ridiculous! She is great at math but hates this too now. Children with disabilities are not properly taught, there was a boy in my daughters class who was constantly interrupting the class, all because the system is not focused on the individual child, sad we force testing as a measurement of our child's learning. It went from no child left behind to every child forced to same standards. We forget how unique and special each child is, crushing their true inner passions all to conform. TUSD is such a disgusting learning institute, but still finishing school myself is only place our children can receive supposed education. They have made my daughter dislike learning all together, thanks TUSD for ruining our young children's minds, stop conforming them!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Develops character: Strongly disagree

This school is horrible do not send your kids here. Lack of ambition & want to teach from the teachers. If the child is not an easy kid to teach than the the teachers give up on them. Lack of homework & academics. Don't know how this is an A school??

My daughter is ending 1st grade at Sewell. We have been there since her preschool years and have been very happy overall. She has had wonderful teachers and we love the small school atmosphere. She will be in GATE next year and I am hoping this will keep her busy at school. There has been a decline in parent participation and the new principal has huge shoes to fill after Mr. Varga retired. He was a powerhouse. I am hoping that next year, Mr. Jewett can bring that same enthuasium to Sewell.

This school is horrible do not send your kids here. Teachers seem burnt out not wanting to help the kids academically. Especially kids with learning difficulties not wanting to take the time. Don't know how they're an A school??

I am a parent of a 5th grader at Sewell. My student has attended the school from Kindergarten on. This school is one of the more stable elementary schools in TUSD. That being said, the education that child has received is ok. My child does have some major gaps that I have needed to fill in, such as computer knowledge and writing skills. This school really needs more computers. Also, there are some great teachers here, like Ms. Doerr, but it also has some major problem teachers. The new principal this year is not as good as the previous principal.

Is a A+ school as of 2013 has many things to provide students. Sports teams, band / orchestra / OMA, updated computer lab,and the entire campus was redone by the U of A in 2011. Students like their teachers and care for them like their own kids.

My school is a wonderful place to work. We work as a team and support one another!!!

Last modified W Arthur Sewel Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.