Tucson, AZ

Posted February 05, 2013
Honestly, if ANY former student is complaining about Wakefield being a terrible school because they learned NOTHING! That's their own fault, i went to this school myself. I Actually paid attention, I am now currently taking Junior classes (I am a sophomore in HS) because Wakefield classes pushed me ahead! I have even earned over $5,550.00 for my college career. which when Wakefield closes, this program will no longer be available to students who would attend Wakefield if it did remain open. A student receives $50.00 for every A! As for graffiti, that's a problem everywhere, the school did get graffiti but was always cleaned within the week. Students complaining about bullying is a faulty reason, Students can IGNORE this! Besides, Drama and Bullying is EVERYWHERE not just Wakefield! The teachers were AMAZING, they were respectful to even the rude disrespectful students! The teachers always offer tutoring, and the curriculum was challenging but effective. Everything I learned is always being utilized for my classes at Pueblo HS. Schools just need students who will trust the educational process. More school spirit! More PRIDE in STUDENTS!!!! EDUCATION IS WHAT YOU MAKE OF IT.

Posted December 05, 2012
Wakefield is the only school in the state where students earn $50 for every A grade from 6th grade to 12th grade to use for college! My daughter earned over $5,000! The staff is very friendly, and the facility is magnificent! (You should check out their garden/greenhouse complex- I've never seen anything like it anywhere outside a university). They have a program where excellent former students come and mentor current students. It was a very nurturing environment for my kids.

Posted September 06, 2011
I went to this school for 6th and 7th grade, it was horrible it was the worst 2 years of my life! I can honestly say that i did not learn anything during the time that i was there. Everyday kids would bring weed,cigarettes, n everything you could imagine. After all the bullying and drama that those kids started i never EVER wanted to go there again, so for 8th grade i switched schools and i had the best year of my life. i am now a freshman n i DO NOT attend pueblo 1 reason all those wakefield kids go there, so i go to sunnyside high school :) hope i helped everyone on a school not to choose for your child.

Posted January 05, 2011
A terrible mistake was made when we chose this school for my child. School staff that are disrespectful of students and parents. An incident that violated my childs rights took place in the class room and when I addressed it with the District office I was told that it was none of my business what,if any consiquences the teacher received. Overall a very disappointing school if the student has issues that arise. The school would rather not have the child there than take any responsability and educate the child. A situation has arose for my child and seems to be dragging on months and still no satisfactory results benefiting my child.

Wakefield Middle School 0

Posted March 30, 2010
i do not like this school allot of kids are so mean i do not recomend this school to other kids i hate it thers always something bad going on ther!!! o and ther wsa allot of garfiti on the walls every were one day and they say they got the kids under control jajaja ya rite they dont and next year i will be a 8th grader and i am defenitly not going to that school!!!!

Posted February 14, 2009

Posted November 17, 2005
My child goes to wakefield she loves it. There are many afterschool programs. She herself enrolled in the educational talent search program. They have 4 rotating classes for 6graders: art music cooking and vocational technology. They have tons of programs. Too many to recall. They have excellent teachers that call you to make sure if they can stay for tutoring or if there child can be a peer tutor.

Wakefield Middle School