Bad
Good

I am a parent of two children at Walter Douglas. I love the school I love the teachers. My oldest child went here k-6. We love the school, the environment and staff! My kids come home and always have stories about how much they love their teachers! No school is perfect and parent opinions vary but overall I love this school! I would recommend this school to anyone who asks me

I am a volunteer tutor at Walter Douglas for over five years. The teachers and staff are highly competent and motivated in caring for the students. The teachers are exceptionally caring. Walter Douglas has in place many strategies to keep students motivated and aware of their responsibility toward each other. They set goals for the students each week. They meet their goal every time. This is an excellent school. I love the teachers and staff and students. Walter Douglas provides the best curiculum for their students. Also, they have many activities to encourage the students to do their best and achieve. I would definitely sign my child up for this school. Many families move to this area just to get their child in Flowing Wells District Schools. Walter Douglas deserves to win the $5000.00. I look forward to next school year to serve at Walter Douglas. I am with the Foster Grandparent Volunteer Program out of Northern Arizona University/AmeriCorp Government funded program. There are three of our volunteers at Walter Douglas. Walter Douglas has a National Accreditation for all Flowing Wells District Schools.

This school is a very unorganized school. I have had my children attend for two years and over the course of those years they have had numerous problems with bullies, theft, and overall discontent with the staff. I have to say it is a shame that a school would not take advantage that they have a music/orchestra program. There is a lack of communication between teachers, administration, and parents. I have had to go in person numerous times to see why my calls aren t returned. Children are treated poorly, not given support. The administration is unorganized when it comes to communication. On numerous occasions I have called into the office early in the day when I will be picking them up instead of the bus and both times my children were sent on the bus. My son had to be outside my home while I was at the school that I had called to let them know I was picking him up and assured they would let him know. Overall it is a joke of a school, their solution to problems is firing the good teachers, yelling at kids, no structure at all. I highly recommend taking your children elsewhere to actually LEARN.

Dreadful school, my kids hated it there and didn't want to go another year. Poor quality education, big problems with bullies, very unfriendly environment and not very organized. Some teachers are good but overall a poor choice of school.

I think it is an excellent school, with a good team of teachers, because I see it reflected in the education of my daughter, and especially the enthusiasm to invest when we talk about going to school and doing tasks

The new leadership of this school is not qualified. His poor example shows in the unfavorable attitude change in staff across the board. I actually had a playground monitor tell me 'some of these kids are little brats' and she didn't know me! It's difficult to volunteer because activities are poorly coordinated. My son's teacher told me at report card time that she was too busy to return my phone calls and letters to tell me my son was having problems because she had to attend to the other 28 students in the class. This school definately left my child behind!

Last modified Walter Douglas Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.