Tucson, AZ

Posted August 04, 2014
I am a parent of two children at Walter Douglas. I love the school I love the teachers. My oldest child went here k-6. We love the school, the environment and staff! My kids come home and always have stories about how much they love their teachers! No school is perfect and parent opinions vary but overall I love this school! I would recommend this school to anyone who asks me

Posted April 28, 2014
I am a volunteer tutor at Walter Douglas for over five years. The teachers and staff are highly competent and motivated in caring for the students. The teachers are exceptionally caring. Walter Douglas has in place many strategies to keep students motivated and aware of their responsibility toward each other. They set goals for the students each week. They meet their goal every time. This is an excellent school. I love the teachers and staff and students. Walter Douglas provides the best curiculum for their students. Also, they have many activities to encourage the students to do their best and achieve. I would definitely sign my child up for this school. Many families move to this area just to get their child in Flowing Wells District Schools. Walter Douglas deserves to win the $5000.00. I look forward to next school year to serve at Walter Douglas. I am with the Foster Grandparent Volunteer Program out of Northern Arizona University/AmeriCorp Government funded program. There are three of our volunteers at Walter Douglas. Walter Douglas has a National Accreditation for all Flowing Wells District Schools.

Walter Douglas Elementary School 1

Posted February 04, 2013
This school is a very unorganized school. I have had my children attend for two years and over the course of those years they have had numerous problems with bullies, theft, and overall discontent with the staff. I have to say it is a shame that a school would not take advantage that they have a music/orchestra program. There is a lack of communication between teachers, administration, and parents. I have had to go in person numerous times to see why my calls aren t returned. Children are treated poorly, not given support. The administration is unorganized when it comes to communication. On numerous occasions I have called into the office early in the day when I will be picking them up instead of the bus and both times my children were sent on the bus. My son had to be outside my home while I was at the school that I had called to let them know I was picking him up and assured they would let him know. Overall it is a joke of a school, their solution to problems is firing the good teachers, yelling at kids, no structure at all. I highly recommend taking your children elsewhere to actually LEARN.

Walter Douglas Elementary School 1

Posted August 03, 2012
Dreadful school, my kids hated it there and didn't want to go another year. Poor quality education, big problems with bullies, very unfriendly environment and not very organized. Some teachers are good but overall a poor choice of school.

Walter Douglas Elementary School 2

Posted April 02, 2009

Posted May 02, 2008

Walter Douglas Elementary School 4

Posted January 03, 2008
I think it is an excellent school, with a good team of teachers, because I see it reflected in the education of my daughter, and especially the enthusiasm to invest when we talk about going to school and doing tasks

Walter Douglas Elementary School 2

Posted June 26, 2007
The new leadership of this school is not qualified. His poor example shows in the unfavorable attitude change in staff across the board. I actually had a playground monitor tell me 'some of these kids are little brats' and she didn't know me! It's difficult to volunteer because activities are poorly coordinated. My son's teacher told me at report card time that she was too busy to return my phone calls and letters to tell me my son was having problems because she had to attend to the other 28 students in the class. This school definately left my child behind!

Posted May 12, 2006

Posted March 10, 2006
This Arizona A+ school while providing a superior academic environment also cultivates an envronment of support caring of the student for each other. From kindergarden students are rewarded for random acts of kindness that results in a culture of caring and low, low, low discipline problems. While academics are stressed and superior results are demonstrated, there are an amazing number of diverse educational opportunities to students inside and outside the classroom. These extra opportunities would not be possible without the extra effort and dedication of the Walter Douglas staff who make it all possible. Walter Douglas' diversity contributes greatly to its strength and culture. My children are lucky to be a member of the Walter Douglas and Flowing Wells family!

Walter Douglas Elementary School
3302 N Flowing Wells Rd, Tucson, AZ  85705
Last modified Walter Douglas Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Walter Douglas Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top