Bad
Good

Severe parking issues, and inconsistent monitoring. There is only one parking lot with available spots. All other options are illegal parking, or in front of private residences. The north street is severely congested because of this. There is one very small parking area on the north end but not really worth mentioning because there are never any available spaces. I am a mother of a kindergartener. I had been parking legally in the main lot south east of the school's main entrance. I've always entered through the front entrance for the past 4 months to drop off and pick up my child. Same time of day, every school day. They have seen my face from day one. I was suddenly told (rudely) today that I was not allowed to enter the school's main entrance to pick up my kindergartener at the end of the day!?.I have to sign my child out early if I enter via main entrance. I have to walk outside and around the block if I choose to park legally. I understand they want to keep strangers out of the building, but they know my face. They know im a parent. When it's 5 minutes until the bell rings, all gates to the school are unlocked to let people on school grounds anyways. Makes no sense to block known parents access to the kindergarten playground from the front entrance. If they are going to monitor the front entrance 5 min before the bell, they should monitor all entrances. Really. If safety was really their concern, monitoring should be everywhere not just at the main entrance! Where is the logic? I will continue to review this school in the future.

Disappointed. It's supposed to be a Gold OMA school but the dance teacher left for a different school. So there wasn't any music or dance. How is that being an OMA school? While everyone else was attending their children's performances we had zero for the whole year.

Most of the teacher at Wheeler are good. But the Principle has bully behavior, my child been there 5yrs. never a behavior problem for any of his teachers. Yet Stacie Emert seems to go out her way to find him and tell him must drink his milk, must pull up his pants, his waist band was showing under his shirt, not visable to anyone. All on a regular basis.

My daughter's school closed from all of the budget cuts, so i enrolled her at Wheeler. Her reading and writing improved remarkably. They offered lots of extra help and special time to help her. I am very satisfied with this school!!

I attended Wheeler over 20 years ago, and now my child is attending the school. I have enjoyed the office staff and his teacher very much. I am a little disappointed that the school has not seen many upgrades in over 20-years! It also appears that there is a lack of parent participation. I hope to see these things improve in the upcomming year

I thought the Principal was exceptional. She is ambitious for her school and their students to be the very best they can be. She seems to be very disciplined in her goal and sets standards that all must be follow not just a few. I like that since too many elementary schools allow certain parents privileges other parents are not receiving. While I was a parent at this school I've witnesses her treat every single parent, students and teachers exactly the same with no favorites in sight. It doesn't matter if that parent is one she works with daily or if this parent is only seen when their child has a situation. She is considerate to all who she serves. She handles the children the same way without reserve. I enjoyed watching this during all my time helping out there at the school. Way to go Dr. Emert!!

Last modified Wheeler Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.