PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

I love this school. There is a great sense of community, and my child is excelling. I also volunteer my time and I'm glad to do so. For everyone who said they try to nickel and dime you, they must be doing something wrong. I go on the field trips and help in the classroom or after school for the sake of MY CHILD, I have more than enough volunteer hours so I never get charged extra. We also have a full scholarship. We have had the same families together for 4 years now and they are all great and welcoming. This isn't a school for you if you find involvement difficult.

We have had our students here for several years and we have been very disappointed with both teachers and the principal this year. It seems as if things are getting worse and no one holds the teachers accountable for their actions. We will not be returning next year. This is not worth the money, kids are bullied and favoritism in classes.

This school is all about the money, they will nickle and dime you for everything. They brag about CTSO money and that is all the principal is concerned about. They started a new system for tracking "volunteer" hours and it's just another way for them to make more money. The office staff is unorganized, principal is arrogant and teachers are dinosaurs. Keep looking...this is not the right choice.

My family is very happy here....the curriculum is up to date, most teachers are happy and effective, technology is on par with public schools, and the principal seems to value fine arts (they have a music and art program....not a lot of time, but any is better than none!)

This is a TERRIBLE school. The teachers are always yelling and I don't even think they like children. When I walk in the hallway, I always hear yelling. All this school cares about is money, not the children. The staff is un-organized, and they aren't very patient with the kids. Some kids are rude and annoying. I have to actually teach my child when she comes home, for she learns NOTHING at school. The principal does actually nothing, and the parents are required to volunteer a certain amount of hours or pay more. I mean, we have jobs, you know! We can't waste or time volunteering just so we can pay less! I moved her to Soleng Tom, and she is an amazing student there. OMOS is a complete waste on money. Don't go there!

My daughter has been at this school since pre-school. My experiences over the past 11 years have been nothing but positive. The academic excellence, parent/teacher involment, and Catholic faith is a strong building foundation for this school. I am proud to say that my child attended this school. The discipline and self worth she has learned about her character and faith truly makes me believe that children can act accordingly in life. Thanks to OMOS and our parenting skills, my daughter is truly prepared for what high school brings. It has been a pure blessing and the best investment I have made regarding her future.

All 4 of my boys attended OMOS (1 attended the Preschool only). We have since left but I have to say Mrs. Feaman and all of the Jr. High teachers were terrific. I also have to say the Ms. Nitka and Ms. Ezzre were also terrific. I do think the curriculum should be revamped from time to time because my younger children were bringing home the same exact work as my older children did in their grade. The art program was wonderful and my boys miss their school. Overall we had a good experience when we were at OMOS.

We came from another state with previous experience in public school, charter school, and home schooling- in an effort to challenge our kids. OMOS has really been a Godsend both in terms of educational standards and quality and responsible, community formation! If you are looking for a new school, this is a great choice!

I have two children who attend OMOS. I took them out of TUSD in 2009 due to all of the issues that the public schools were having. My kids have learned so much, however, it hasn't been a piece of cake. There are commitments that apply to attending this school. I am okay with that. I have really grown in the matter of , "being more aware". I read one of the reviews listed and it stated "you get out what you put in". That hits it right on the head

I could not be more thrilled with the school and community experience here for our family. The principal is educated, intelligent, fair-minded and easy to work with. The faculty are supportive and encouraging to my children, and the staff are very responsive to our needs. Absolutely worth the financial sacrifice to send our children here.

Last modified Our Mother Of Sorrows School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8