Our Mother Of Sorrows School 4

Posted January 17, 2014
My family is very happy here....the curriculum is up to date, most teachers are happy and effective, technology is on par with public schools, and the principal seems to value fine arts (they have a music and art program....not a lot of time, but any is better than none!)

Our Mother Of Sorrows School 1

Posted September 16, 2012
This is a TERRIBLE school. The teachers are always yelling and I don't even think they like children. When I walk in the hallway, I always hear yelling. All this school cares about is money, not the children. The staff is un-organized, and they aren't very patient with the kids. Some kids are rude and annoying. I have to actually teach my child when she comes home, for she learns NOTHING at school. The principal does actually nothing, and the parents are required to volunteer a certain amount of hours or pay more. I mean, we have jobs, you know! We can't waste or time volunteering just so we can pay less! I moved her to Soleng Tom, and she is an amazing student there. OMOS is a complete waste on money. Don't go there!

Posted July 02, 2012
My daughter has been at this school since pre-school. My experiences over the past 11 years have been nothing but positive. The academic excellence, parent/teacher involment, and Catholic faith is a strong building foundation for this school. I am proud to say that my child attended this school. The discipline and self worth she has learned about her character and faith truly makes me believe that children can act accordingly in life. Thanks to OMOS and our parenting skills, my daughter is truly prepared for what high school brings. It has been a pure blessing and the best investment I have made regarding her future.

Our Mother Of Sorrows School 3

Posted October 15, 2011
All 4 of my boys attended OMOS (1 attended the Preschool only). We have since left but I have to say Mrs. Feaman and all of the Jr. High teachers were terrific. I also have to say the Ms. Nitka and Ms. Ezzre were also terrific. I do think the curriculum should be revamped from time to time because my younger children were bringing home the same exact work as my older children did in their grade. The art program was wonderful and my boys miss their school. Overall we had a good experience when we were at OMOS.

Posted October 03, 2011
We came from another state with previous experience in public school, charter school, and home schooling- in an effort to challenge our kids. OMOS has really been a Godsend both in terms of educational standards and quality and responsible, community formation! If you are looking for a new school, this is a great choice!

Posted September 06, 2011
I have two children who attend OMOS. I took them out of TUSD in 2009 due to all of the issues that the public schools were having. My kids have learned so much, however, it hasn't been a piece of cake. There are commitments that apply to attending this school. I am okay with that. I have really grown in the matter of , "being more aware". I read one of the reviews listed and it stated "you get out what you put in". That hits it right on the head

Posted September 02, 2011
I could not be more thrilled with the school and community experience here for our family. The principal is educated, intelligent, fair-minded and easy to work with. The faculty are supportive and encouraging to my children, and the staff are very responsive to our needs. Absolutely worth the financial sacrifice to send our children here.

Posted August 23, 2011
Overall, I am thrilled with the educational experience my two children receive at OMOS. The teachers are willing to talk with the parents and walk through any issues or concerns. The principal is easy to talk to and is results-oriented. We also parish there, and the sense of community is unbelievable if you are involved. What I would like to remind people is that you get out what you put in! OMOS-school and parish-has a wonderful sense of community, really tied into the Catholic Social Teachings. Highly recommend!!!

Our Mother Of Sorrows School 4

Posted July 19, 2011
The only thing worth sending my kid to OMOS for was the art program and the art teacher-my daughter loved every minute of it, learned a lot that will help her in the future, and LOVED Mrs. Baker!!!

Our Mother Of Sorrows School 1

Posted May 15, 2011
This school could not teach either one of my kids to read. They had me sign a form saying that I acknowledge this. When I took them to a different school they are both A+ students and much happier. They both complained that kids were mean there. The accounting is always a mess. They nickel and dime you for everything, and they have usually put another families bills with yours and them refuse to give your child their report card because the parent owes money. Not very Christian if you ask me.

Our Mother Of Sorrows School
1800 South Kolb Road, Tucson, AZ  85710
Last modified Our Mother Of Sorrows School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Our Mother Of Sorrows School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top