PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

My son has attended this school since Preschool. He will be graduate next month from 8th grade. We are working hard to pay for his tuition, and this school is worth it for your kids. Somehow I wondered how these teachers can be patient with 20 kids at the same time, whose are coming from all different family backgrounds? But they really did an excellent jobs to teach them and support them. My son has proved to me that my opinions about the teachers and school are right, when I asked him:" Would you missed your teachers when you move to high school?" His answer was:" I wish this school will continue to high school, the teachers are nice and fun, but if you don't do your homework, that will be a different story." So I pushed one more question:" Which teacher is your favorite?" He said:" Mom, it is not nice to compare them to each other, they have their special skills and ways to teach in different subject." I am very glad to hear that. What could you expect to hear from 13 years old boy? I knew the tuition is expensive, but this money is never can pay enough for the teacher and school, where you children are safe and have growth to be a fine young man/woman in the future. Thanks for reading.

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

The school did give the student a chance to work with them and with the parent. Also teachers pay closer attention to the student to help him/her. But there is also a limitation, which I really appreciated the way the school handled it.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

I never had any problem with the old principal or a new one. They are excellent people to help the students.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

When I am having problem about his grade or homework, I usually sent the email or came earlier before school or stay late after school for short question, or made an appointment for long conversation. They loved to work with you and support you when you need helps. They also offer free tutoring after school for students, whose need extra time.

I love this school. There is a great sense of community, and my child is excelling. I also volunteer my time and I'm glad to do so. For everyone who said they try to nickel and dime you, they must be doing something wrong. I go on the field trips and help in the classroom or after school for the sake of MY CHILD, I have more than enough volunteer hours so I never get charged extra. We also have a full scholarship. We have had the same families together for 4 years now and they are all great and welcoming. This isn't a school for you if you find involvement difficult.

We have had our students here for several years and we have been very disappointed with both teachers and the principal this year. It seems as if things are getting worse and no one holds the teachers accountable for their actions. We will not be returning next year. This is not worth the money, kids are bullied and favoritism in classes.

This school is all about the money, they will nickle and dime you for everything. They brag about CTSO money and that is all the principal is concerned about. They started a new system for tracking "volunteer" hours and it's just another way for them to make more money. The office staff is unorganized, principal is arrogant and teachers are dinosaurs. Keep looking...this is not the right choice.

My family is very happy here....the curriculum is up to date, most teachers are happy and effective, technology is on par with public schools, and the principal seems to value fine arts (they have a music and art program....not a lot of time, but any is better than none!)

This is a TERRIBLE school. The teachers are always yelling and I don't even think they like children. When I walk in the hallway, I always hear yelling. All this school cares about is money, not the children. The staff is un-organized, and they aren't very patient with the kids. Some kids are rude and annoying. I have to actually teach my child when she comes home, for she learns NOTHING at school. The principal does actually nothing, and the parents are required to volunteer a certain amount of hours or pay more. I mean, we have jobs, you know! We can't waste or time volunteering just so we can pay less! I moved her to Soleng Tom, and she is an amazing student there. OMOS is a complete waste on money. Don't go there!

My daughter has been at this school since pre-school. My experiences over the past 11 years have been nothing but positive. The academic excellence, parent/teacher involment, and Catholic faith is a strong building foundation for this school. I am proud to say that my child attended this school. The discipline and self worth she has learned about her character and faith truly makes me believe that children can act accordingly in life. Thanks to OMOS and our parenting skills, my daughter is truly prepared for what high school brings. It has been a pure blessing and the best investment I have made regarding her future.

Last modified Our Mother Of Sorrows School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8