Posted September 12, 2014
Salpointe Catholic High School purports to enhance the moral development of the students who attend; however, in reality the administrative team that runs the school cares more about outward appearances and athletic competition rather than the intellectual as well as social development of our youth. The actions taken by school officials and certain educators do not uphold the Christian values of other like minded institutions. Over the years the school culture has become one where favoritism and unscrupulous activity abound. At one point in time, I would have sent my children there without reservation. I can no longer say the same.

Posted May 07, 2014
Salpointe has proven to be a great choice for our family. Our child selected Salpointe as her 1st choice and she has flourished there. She has experienced a challenging curriculum, a variety of dynamic teachers, a supportive administrative team and great extracurricular opportunities. The sense of giving back to your community is engrained in the students lives and as parents we know that the kids are looked after as best as anyone can watch over teens. Is it perfect? no, but after researching every private and public school that fit college preparatory criteria for our family in Tucson, Salpointe has more to offer than any when one looks at supporting a Whole Child experience.

Posted November 27, 2013
I attended this school for one year, transferring in when my family relocated to Tucson. Personally, it was not a good school for me and I was not happy there. I would follow the advice of parents who say to ask yourself why you are considering sending your child to Salpointe. If you think your child will be 100% surrounded by nice, moral kids, save your money. Money can't buy kindness or Christian values- teenagers are teenagers and this school is no different from any other in that respect. Some of the kids are definitely great, but I met an equal number of unsavory young people. If you are sending your child for the Catholic experience but your family doesn't have a lot of money, you may also want to consider how your economic status will likely be a detriment to your child socially. Fitting in economically makes a big difference here. If, however, you are looking for Catholic studies and academic challenge, your family's economic status matches that of the majority of the students, and you have realistic expectations of the maturity of the student body, then this school may be a good choice for you.

Posted March 27, 2012
Well, my son attended a wrestling match at this school. The school principle allowed open recruiting for the marines during the wrestling match. Having attended Catholic School (in another city ) for 12 years, I was appalled. I sent a letter to the school principal and I was ignored. No response. It is clear that this Catholic School is not en par with the better, jesuit run schools around the country!

Posted May 08, 2010
We are just finishing our 12th year in a row at Salpointe with four children attending SCHS. It has been an overall fabulous experience. It has been safe, challenging academically, and a positive experience with a variety of outside activities. The community experience is to be unmatched. In addition to sound academics I have ultimately enjoyed who my children are. High school is a tough time for teenagers. I believe Salpointe helps transition our children into young adults with a skill set that facilitates long term decision making and enduring life's challenges.

Posted April 30, 2010
Best school in the entire world! Honetly! It challenges every single aspect of what it means to be a human. It prepares you for college and for the real world better than anything I have ever heard about! You will make friends that will last you a life time! One comes to learn what really is important in life at Salpointe, one comes to understand the true worth of life at Salpointe.

Posted April 16, 2010
I just graduated from Salpointe this past year. Coming from a public school the transition was tough my freshman year, however I grew to love the school more and more each year. There is just such a deep bond between students as well as faculty and it is evident that the faculty is making an effort to see students succeed. With about 275 people in my graduating class I felt comfortable with all of them and truly believe that the school has shaped me into what I am today. I may not have loved some of the policies at the time but reflecting I realize why they were implemented and I am thankful.

Salpointe Catholic High School 1

Posted January 24, 2010

Salpointe Catholic High School 0

Posted January 08, 2010
I am a past parent. My older kids had an incredible experience at teh school. But I'd say that the school has completely fallen apart over the past nine years or so. For one thing, they adopted a leadership style that never works. You cannot run a school with a board of 8 people. That is ridiculous. Secondly, Salpointe needs to oeverhaul its entire administration. everyone there has been there way too long. They do not care about the school and it is time for them to move on.

Salpointe Catholic High School 1

Posted January 08, 2010

Salpointe Catholic High School
1545 East Copper Street, Tucson, AZ  85719
Last modified Salpointe Catholic High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
Salpointe Catholic High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 56 reviews. Top