9-12|Private
1,071 students

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

I have come to this school for the past two years. In the 8th grade, I was told that Salpointe was the epitome of a high school. I was told that it would help me become a better student and I believed that this school, known for being catholic and also having, so-called ¨good education¨ would help me become a better person. Unfortunately, Salpointe is a very expensive school and its helpful to get scholarships. But I do not belive paying $9,000 with the help of a scholarship is worth it. Salpointe is better known for their sports, yes? Infact this seems like the most exaggerating thing at this ¨God-based¨ school. No matter how many times you try to even immerse yourself in anything you feel awkward or at least I did. I tried out for one of the teams and was constantly being laughed at because I hadn´t played in a while and I was not doing good at all. They invariably discuss how ¨kindness is key¨, yet where is the kindness?? Where is this so called kindness that is being talked about-- im obviously missing something. If you are looking on sending your kid there because it seems like good education or if your child is good in sports you´d probably have a better chance at sending them to Tucson High School or Sabino High School. In general, listen to what your child has to say, hear them out and ask what they want because its their life anyways isn´t it? P.S. : football sucks this year.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

We learn stuff. But is it effective? Eh. There is a small amount of information that is gets to us. Especially if we go over the topic one day and then have a test within that week.

Amount of homework: Disagree

WAAAAAAAY too much, way too fast. Definitely does not even give us kids enough time to process the information.

Salpointe Catholic High School purports to enhance the moral development of the students who attend; however, in reality the administrative team that runs the school cares more about outward appearances and athletic competition rather than the intellectual as well as social development of our youth. The actions taken by school officials and certain educators do not uphold the Christian values of other like minded institutions. Over the years the school culture has become one where favoritism and unscrupulous activity abound. At one point in time, I would have sent my children there without reservation. I can no longer say the same.

Salpointe has proven to be a great choice for our family. Our child selected Salpointe as her 1st choice and she has flourished there. She has experienced a challenging curriculum, a variety of dynamic teachers, a supportive administrative team and great extracurricular opportunities. The sense of giving back to your community is engrained in the students lives and as parents we know that the kids are looked after as best as anyone can watch over teens. Is it perfect? no, but after researching every private and public school that fit college preparatory criteria for our family in Tucson, Salpointe has more to offer than any when one looks at supporting a Whole Child experience.

I attended this school for one year, transferring in when my family relocated to Tucson. Personally, it was not a good school for me and I was not happy there. I would follow the advice of parents who say to ask yourself why you are considering sending your child to Salpointe. If you think your child will be 100% surrounded by nice, moral kids, save your money. Money can't buy kindness or Christian values- teenagers are teenagers and this school is no different from any other in that respect. Some of the kids are definitely great, but I met an equal number of unsavory young people. If you are sending your child for the Catholic experience but your family doesn't have a lot of money, you may also want to consider how your economic status will likely be a detriment to your child socially. Fitting in economically makes a big difference here. If, however, you are looking for Catholic studies and academic challenge, your family's economic status matches that of the majority of the students, and you have realistic expectations of the maturity of the student body, then this school may be a good choice for you.

Well, my son attended a wrestling match at this school. The school principle allowed open recruiting for the marines during the wrestling match. Having attended Catholic School (in another city ) for 12 years, I was appalled. I sent a letter to the school principal and I was ignored. No response. It is clear that this Catholic School is not en par with the better, jesuit run schools around the country!

We are just finishing our 12th year in a row at Salpointe with four children attending SCHS. It has been an overall fabulous experience. It has been safe, challenging academically, and a positive experience with a variety of outside activities. The community experience is to be unmatched. In addition to sound academics I have ultimately enjoyed who my children are. High school is a tough time for teenagers. I believe Salpointe helps transition our children into young adults with a skill set that facilitates long term decision making and enduring life's challenges.

Best school in the entire world! Honetly! It challenges every single aspect of what it means to be a human. It prepares you for college and for the real world better than anything I have ever heard about! You will make friends that will last you a life time! One comes to learn what really is important in life at Salpointe, one comes to understand the true worth of life at Salpointe.

I just graduated from Salpointe this past year. Coming from a public school the transition was tough my freshman year, however I grew to love the school more and more each year. There is just such a deep bond between students as well as faculty and it is evident that the faculty is making an effort to see students succeed. With about 275 people in my graduating class I felt comfortable with all of them and truly believe that the school has shaped me into what I am today. I may not have loved some of the policies at the time but reflecting I realize why they were implemented and I am thankful.

Last modified Salpointe Catholic High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12