Sts. Peter and Paul Catholic

Private | K-8

Living in Tucson

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $157,800. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $740.

Sweep tile

Posted October 7, 2013

This is school provides a safe atmosphere on campus. The kids here are warm and respectful, however transferring in from a private school from a different state, their technology use here is much behind from what we came from - the previous school gave each child an IPad to for their learning and not have to carry around heavy textbooks. It is so crazy to have a youngsters these days to be carrying heavy books in their backpacks.

Posted December 6, 2012

I have been a parent at Saints Peter and Paul School for over 8 years.. My family and I have had a very positive experience at this school. Over the past 6 months there have been awesome, sweeping changes to the curriculum. There is 21st Century technology in every classroom. The academics are excellent, and the Religious education is wonderful. The teachers are responsive and effective. Communication between the classroom and the home is at an optimum! They have a remarkable Resource Program that has helped my son very much! This school is very welcoming and goes out of the way to make everyone a part of the family. Choose Saints Peter & Paul School and your children will be going to Tucson's finest K-8 school.

Posted August 23, 2011

My wife and I have had three of our children attending Saints Peter & Paul since kindergarten. It a safe environment with good discipline. The education has been more than satisfactory. We also love the strong sense of community among the families.

Posted May 21, 2011

I have only toured the school, but I didn't like what I saw. Teachers seemed mean and more interested in me than the students. Class sizes were overwhelming for the teachers. Some children were not paying attention, which distracted some other students and the teacher did nothing. Teachers were unable to improvise. I saw 6th Grade boys and girls flirting in class. THIS IS A CATHOLIC SCHOOL! The teacher did nothing, neither did my guide. None of the staff I mett seemed particularly intelligent. At teh end of the day Catholic or not it is still a school. How can a bunch of idiots teach? I was expecting a lot more for what they wanted to charge me.

Posted August 11, 2010

I have two children at Sts. Peter & Paul. While the quality of education is stellar, I've become very upset by the new Principal and have noticed a number of changes that have me concerned. The Principal does not seem open or able to exhibit generosity of spirit, a shame in an educator and recently one of the best teachers left the school due to the management style. We pray the new Parish Priest will restore order and compassion to the administrators. We'd hate to lose any other teachers.

Posted July 9, 2010

Furthermore, the vice principal, who was the only staff member who cared, is no longer going to be at the school! I am so glad my children are no longer attending this horrible school. What a huge waste of money! All of the time and money that we put into this school.....for nothing. Lessons learned - we are happy with the public school we have decided to put our children in. Sometimes it's good to have an actual school district be involved in upper staff decisions. Sts. Peter and Paul is no Catholic school - the staff are pagans!!!!

Posted May 22, 2010

A generally rude and mean spirited staff from the top on down. They are very greedy in charging for every little thing including inventing non-refundable "fees." They take great delight in publicly humiliating both parents and children. They keep a lot of secrets from public view and get real uncomfortable and agitated when you ask them simple questions.

Posted December 26, 2009

Standard Catholic school of the last 50 years. Little seems to have changed. Pleasant, but a little staid or even boring.

Posted December 1, 2009

My wife and I have three children at Saints Peter & Paul in grades, 2, 5, 6. We have been more than satisfied with the education our children are receiving. The standards for academics and behavior are high. The best thing about SSPP is the community among the families (and we're not very religious). People really look out for each other. We value the diversity too. It is really just a wonderful school.

Posted November 9, 2009

Best school in Tucson. Great test results. Great emphasis on total student. I had two kids go through the school and it just keeps getting better. I recommend the school even if you have to drive clear across town, even past other catholic schools. Fantastic in every regard.

Posted October 8, 2009

My two grand daughters have been attending SSPP since kindergarten, currently they are in the 6th and 5th grades. This is an amazing school with high academic standards and a great deal of school spirit and enthusiasm.

Posted September 24, 2009

Very good school. I got a job at UMC across the street to make it convenient. I am very happy.

Posted September 21, 2009

5 Children sent there and would do it again in a heartbeat.

Posted September 3, 2009

My daughter attended SSPP for nine years (K through 8). Our experience has been outstanding. The curriculum,teaching, parental involvement make this school head and shoulders above others.

Posted September 2, 2009

Wonderful school. Great test scores. Great job imparting values. They do throw the troublemakers out. Very safe environment. I had two kids through the school who have done very well with their lives.

Posted August 21, 2009

I have been a parent at SS Peter and Paul for over 16 years. My oldest child is now at the U of A, and my youngest is still at SSPP. My children, my husband and I have had a very positive experience at this school. The academics are excellent, and the Religious education is wonderful. The school is very welcoming and makes everyone a part of the family. I will always be happy that we made the decision to send our children to SS. Peter and Paul Catholic School.

Posted May 1, 2009

I have had my son in this school for four years now. I have been very disappointed with the staff to parent communication. It hardly exists. There is only one teacher parent meeting at the beginning of the year. When you go in and try to discuss your concerns with the administration, you will receive a rehearsed answer from them: 'it is not in the handbook'. I have been very disappointed with the school.

Posted March 30, 2009

Being an alumni, I have to say my experience there was not a pleasant one. Many of the teachers simply can not teach the diverse student body. Being a bit advanced academically, I found many of my classes to be far too easy, while classmates of mine struggled to keep up with the work. There are some fantastic teachers to be found at this school, but unfortunately, not many. Art and music are taught, but are by no means stressed, extracurricular actives in general are lacking save for athletics. I would personally, not recommend this school to anyone.
—Submitted by a student

Posted August 21, 2007

quality of academics is excellent, far above the scores of public schools in the tucson area. each child is given special attention and tracked carefully. there are programs for sports, music classes, art classes and extracurricular clubs. The parental involvement is very high, each family is required to give at least 66 volunteer hours per school year. I am very happy with this school. Saints Peter and Paul is one of the reasons I have stayed in Tucson.

Posted October 19, 2006

My son has been attending SSPP for two years now and I love it! Teachers pay a lot of attention to their students. The school has a lot of extracurricular activities for the whole family to enjoy. Parent involvement is a priority within the school. The only suggestion would be to make their music and sports programs bigger.

Two or more races 15% N/A
Asian 3% N/A
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 1% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Tucson

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

1436 N Campbell Ave