No rating

St Ambrose School

Private | PK-8 | 271 students

Living in Tucson

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $133,700. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $740.

Posted June 3, 2014

We love this school!!! We transferred from another local Catholic school and it was the best move I could have made for my child. The teachers are highly trained and genuinely care about the children. They eat and converse with the children at lunch. Unlike our old school where the teachers want nothing to do with the children at lunch. Teachers do NOT yell at the children. The atmosphere is a genuine Christian environment. The moment you walk onto the campus you feel the love so to speak. My child is excited about going to school in the morning. The principal Mrs. Chavez and Father Mark are a great team and work hard at building the best team for the children. This school has literally been God sent.

Posted April 23, 2014

We highly recommend St. Ambrose School. Its partnership with Notre Dame as an ACE school has brought significant improvements to our school. The principal, pastor and teachers make it a wonderful place to send our children to as they receive a well rounded education both academically and spiritually. The teachers are outstanding, highly qualified and experienced. Another great aspect of the school is the parent involvement and the feeling of an extended family that our children receive while at school.

Posted April 21, 2014

Since St. Ambrose started their partnership with the University of Notre Dame it has improved tremendously. Within the last three years St Ambrose has had a change in administration, faculty and staff. This has been a great change. Not only does St. Ambrose offer high academic standards, but the administration, staff and faculty offer a loving and caring environment. St Ambrose is the school to be at for a strong Catholic faith formation and high academic standards. The administration is always open and willing to listen.

Posted April 21, 2014

St. Ambrose Catholic School A Notre Dame ACE Academy is an excellent school. My son has been part of this academy for the past 5 years (since pre-school) and as a parent/mother I couldn't ask for more. The school is very close and the staff makes you feel like you are part of a family. The principal (Mrs. Chavez) has many years of experience and has been a great asset to St. Ambrose since she arrived. Everything is very structured and the lesson plans are great. My son definitely has learned and flourished in every area and I know it is because the teachers take their time and make sure each student is learning what they should. I plan on keeping my son there until he is ready to go to High School and also plan on sending my little one there to join the pre-school class soon. I honestly couldn't be happier with the staff and their academics. Truly recommend it!

Posted April 21, 2014

Amazing school. Academics are wonderful our children are reading 3 grade levels above their grade, math is 2 grade levels above their grade and their religious education is amazing! Thank you, thank you, thank you for all the wonderful work St. Ambrose does. The new administrative team, Principal, Pastor and Dean of Students are a marriage made in heaven, the students are happy and the parents are in amazement!

Posted April 21, 2014

Our children have attended St. Ambrose for the last two years. They have never been happier! We have seen them grow spiritually and academically. Previously our children attended an A+ school but that was not enough for us. In looking for a new school we researched schools throughout the Diocese and found St. Ambrose to be at the top of our pick for our children to attend. We toured the school with Mrs. Chavez and felt warmth and a great sense of community within the school. It is great to see our Pastor Fr. Mark so involved with teaching our children spiritually during school mass. Our children really enjoy mass. Mrs. Chavez and the staff are very professional and communicate very well which as a parent is very comforting. St. Ambrose is preparing our children for high school along with college. I would highly recommend this school!

Posted April 21, 2014

St Ambrose is an excellent school! It gives our children the opportunity to grow as individuals, through the catholic faith and an outstanding education. Both of my children are students at St Ambrose and I wouldn't have it any other way! I invite parents in the Tucson area to visit and learn more about what the St Ambrose community/school is all about. We are family!!!

Posted December 13, 2011

When I graduated from St. Abrose in 2000, I was well-prepared for Salpointe, academically and personally. Their quality of education and partnership with parents was outstanding. I am the eldest of four children to attend St. Ambrose. Sadly, three of us were lucky enough to enjoy a stellar foundation for our future. The change in faculty and administration has been a true detriment to our school. The youngest in my family is attending a school unfamiliar to my family. We attend private school because we look for quality in education and a sense of community. Our family takes an active role in education, meaning college is not an option. We know it is not solely the responsibility of the school to achieve excellence; however, this current administration is beyond difficult to work with. Instead of resolving an issue, they feel attacked and avoid the issue altogether. I find it sad and unfair that the reputation of a charming and well-rounded school is now less than satisfactory due to the stubborness of the administration.

Posted October 9, 2010

This School helps each child to develop educationally and socially. They have high learning standards with parents and teachers who help each child to meet those standards. The children also learn social responsibility by having the opportunity to participate in many meaningful service projects.

Posted April 17, 2010

It has formed a close relation ship between excellent teachers and the parents of the students.

Posted January 22, 2010

We have been very disappointed in St. Ambrose. We were thrilled to send our child to St. Ambrose after touring the school on multiple occasions. However, once our child began attending glaring problems have come to light. The preschools watch main stream movies every afternoon, not educational. The movies are G rated but contain violence and lessons I don't need my 3-year exposed to yet. I chose to send my child to pre-school to learn and become accustomed to school, not to be babysat by a television for an hour and a half a day. Makes me wonder if they are teaching or just keeping the children occupied.

Posted December 26, 2009

Pleasant enough, but not academic.

Posted May 27, 2009

Excellent school with amazing vision for our children. Five Star!

Posted December 31, 2008

While Ms. Crist-Shultz has made a difference in the past few years, I woul not continue to send my son to school there. If you want Catholic education for your child, it is not the place to be. Call the Catholic high schools and ask them about the elementary school and the scores the students bring. I appreciated Ms. Schutz on her tour, but know now it would would a mistake for me to send my son there. Ms. Schultz is only a portion of what makes a school good.

Posted September 4, 2008

Was very dissappointing considering i'm also an alumi of the school i expected a lot more out of a private school...My child only lasted through kinder till i found a better school where there concern wasn't how much money they could get out of the parents but focuses on the education of the student

Posted May 24, 2008

Fantastic vision and leadership provided by Ms. Crist. The school has a great feeling of spirituality and is raising the academic standards for all of our students. Up and coming!

Posted January 27, 2006

Overall st. Ambrose is a good school -- in the past couple of years there have been a lot of changes at the school - some good, some bad. It seems like there is a price for everything now where many things were included in tuition before. There are several wonderful teachers at the school. You can be as involved as you want -- the school tends to favor those parents that are the most involved. They've added several new programs in the past year -- music & a great art teacher! They have basketball, volleyball & track both for boys & girls.

Posted August 5, 2005

I found this school to be very disciplined and the teachers are very good.
—Submitted by a former student

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 3%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Tucson

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

300 South Tucson Boulevard