Posted February 18, 2014
St Cyril's offers students an opportunity to not only grow academically but with regard to extra curricular activities too. There is diversity that exposes students to different backgrounds and experiences. Smaller sized classes allows for students to have more teacher attention. This is one of the greatest schools in Tucson to send your children to!

Posted February 16, 2014
It's a great school with a lot to offer! St. Cyril's provides great academics and a well-rounded experience that will benefit the kids as they move on to higher levels of education. Highly recommend it to any new families in the area or those looking for a private school in Tucson!

Posted February 10, 2014
The qualities I look for in a school include quality education, community atmosphere, and unique experiences. Ct. Cyril has all of that and more, exceeding my expectations in all areas. They offer unique classes for junior high students including yoga setting them apart from other schools in the area. While academics is a major focus they also work on the development of a student as a whole in preparation for high school and beyond. I would highly recommend St. Cyril to a family looking for an excellent school in the Tucson area!

Posted January 30, 2014
Competitive, achieving, and community-oriented school. The biggest thing for myself as a parent was that the teachers were qualified, and they have really challenged both of my children in a highly-productive manner. Last year, the school lost 3 of its' better teachers to pregnancy and people moving away from Tucson, but the replacement instructors that were brought in were just as excellent. I wanted my child to have somewhat of a religious background, but nothing overbearing, and St. Cyril excels at delivering this aspect of education for my family. The Basis Tucson in my opinion is a school that is incredibly overbearing and not interested in developing the entire depth of the student outside of academics, which I believe is necessary to truly succeed in high school and beyond.

Posted January 19, 2014
This is the best school!! There is a huge sense of community. My eight year old has made friends that will last a life time. Parents are encouraged to be part of all the activities, so you get to know the staff and the students very well!

Posted January 27, 2013
Being a mom and a teacher, I had pretty high expectations and knew exactly what I was looking for when choosing a school . I found it at St. Cyril School. This unique school is terrific whether you are Catholic or not. I couldn't be more pleased. It is one of the few places that, in addition to focusing on strong academic skills, teaches art, music, actual P.E. (not just playing games), Spanish. critical thinking, problem solving, and social skills/awareness. They really do teach the whole child. There are also kids from all income levels and ethnicities attending. St. Cyril is unique in that it "departmentalizes", meaning subjects are taught by a team of teachers who specialize in their subject. My son is getting a better education being taught by 3 core teachers (and professional art, music, and Spanish teachers) who specialize- instead of one teacher trying to teach everything whether they are good at the subject or not. He also has three sets of caring eyes observing and supporting him and meeting with me together. His teachers are amazing! Half our family is Jewish, but it has never been a problem. They teach him about Jesus inclusively using universal values.

Posted July 19, 2012
I am a teacher at St. Cyril, I feel lucky to be a part of the school. We work hard to teach the whole child, not just the academic child. We offer strong academics as seen in our test scores, but more importantly we teach children to be strong citizens and faithful human beings. As a faculty member we are supported by the administration and parents. Each child is a unique individual, and it is our hope that students learn to appreciate each other's uniqueness.

Posted June 01, 2012
I am a student at St. Cyril and have loved attending. I will be graduating next year and hope to have the privilege to attend University High or high level classes at Salpointe. My life at St. Cyril has challenged me in a unique way that has taught discipline and responsibility. The teachers have taught me in an excellent style, and if I ever have any questions, the teachers are happy to help. The other students all have been kind and willing to learn, too. Each year, especially Junior High, I have been challenged to my best learning ability and learned to adjust to harder material. I wish to graduate successful and move on to higher education.

Posted March 31, 2011
Reviews, I hate them. Everyone has different opinions and it seems as if the negative write the most. St. Cyril School is a learning environment that is not right for everyone. Boys and girls accell there. Some boys and girls do not. The school does require students to take responsibility for their learning. This means writing down homework, turning it in on time, following through with class projects and being a responsible citizen. They do a good job of this. I have to say though, the parents there are demanding and think their children are perfect. In my 10 years there, I have see a tremendous change in parents. So if you are a parent that does not value your child working hard, following through and taking responsibility for their learning, then this is probably not the school for you. I have children who want to excel...I know St. Cyril has produced some pretty fine graduates. I want my child to be classified as one of those graduates.

Posted April 05, 2010

St Cyril Elementary School
4725 East Pima Street, Tucson, AZ  85712
Last modified St Cyril Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
St Cyril Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews.