No rating

Fountain of Life Lutheran School

Private | PK-8 | 128 students

We are best known for Christian education.

Living in Tucson

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $113,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $770.

Posted May 3, 2013

This is an amazing school that feels like a family. The teachers are great and really care about their students. They take the time to get to know every child at the school. Each child is a child at this school and not just a number. My child struggled upon first arriving at FOL School due to the class size at public school. The teacher saw this and offered to work with him after school. I would recommend FOL School to anyone looking for a Christian school.

Posted April 24, 2013

My daughter has attended this school for 12 years and will soon be moving on to high school. She has received a well-rounded, Christian education which will help her continue with academic success. She has been taught to be a self-confident, caring young lady who thinks of others before herself. I will always treasure the education that she has received during her time here and I know that she will use the caring foundation that she has received through the rest of her life. The teachers and staff are beyond belief the way they care for each and every one of these kids. Fountain of Life School is a true family and they will always remain true in our hearts.

Posted July 7, 2011

Amazing school! I highly recommend this school to anyone who wants a highly academic school as well as Christian values. My children have learned so much and are far ahead of their public school friends.

Posted April 26, 2011

I used to go to FOL I liked it. Mrs.Steele was my Preschool teacher and she was the nicest teacher ever! I left mainly because it wasn't the school for me I wanted a school that challenged me more. When I went there it was fun all the teachers were nice and when you walked in you felt like you were at home!

Posted March 15, 2010

Fountain of Life is an amazing school. My two children both attend, and the quality of education is incredible. The school has a new principal who is wonderful. I would highly recommend FOL to anyone looking for a Christian alternative to public schools.

Posted August 10, 2009

I was referred to Fountain of Life by my daughter's previous daycare. The day I walked on to their campus, we felt right at home. My daughter has been there since she was 3 yrs. old and now in the 4th grade. I would never consider taking her anywhere else and I will be very sad the day she is no longer able to go there as this school only goes through 8 grade. The values and education that she has learned there are priceless. This is truly a 'family' oriented school where almost everyone knows each other and all parents watch out for each others children. I would highly recommend this school to anyone looking for a quality education for their children. They do a wonderful job of balancing a christian education while providing a safe fun enviornment!!!

Posted February 20, 2009

I have to agree with the previous reviews. This is a wonderful school. My daughter is also in the Junior Kindergarten and has learned so much. Mrs. Steele is such a great teacher. It amazes me to see how she interacts with the children. I would highly recomend this school.

Posted February 2, 2009

This school is an overlooked treasure! The facilities are excellent with a safe and secure campus. The teachers are excellent all with many years at the school. Our daughter is in the top of her class and enjoys learning more every day

Posted November 16, 2008

My daughter is in Mrs. Steele's Jr. Kindergarten class and is quickly advancing with writing and reading skills. I'm pleased with the encouragement she gets for academics, and the promotion of values that help her with decision making. This is a healthy environment all around, with all school staff working their hearts out for the benefit of the students.

Posted May 9, 2006

My child's 3rd grade teacher ms summersett is fantastic! Principal schultz will always greet parents and students by their names. Family like atmosphere.

Posted March 22, 2006

Very good on Christian values. Good family atmosphere, with lots of activities for the whole family. Education quality is middling, and the teachers are not very parent-focused.

Posted March 14, 2006

My daughter attended there in kindergarten and first grade. She is in thrid grade now. All I can say is this school was awesome...teachers were in control and took the time to really teach.. They knew their students and saw the potential in each student when learning their daily studies..I had to leave due to the fact that I moved and no longer could drive that far to attend any longer...but my daugther to this day says that was the best school she has ever been in! If she had her choice she would be going there right now. Somtimes I debate whether or not the drive is that bad knowing that she will be in a great school.That is a satisfying thought. So we will see.

Posted February 4, 2006

I have been very happy with the quality of education that my son is getting. My child gets the one on one attention he needs to succeed. Great school!

Posted April 21, 2005

My children have attended Fountain of Life Lutheran School for over eight years. The administration and staff are very caring and class sizes help students grow in their Christian faith. I know that whem my children go to school they will come home every afternoon with new knowledge and a positive attitude about their accademic, musical and athletic experiences. The facilities at the school are exceptional. A new middle school building was recently built and the elementary school's building recently renovated. A new security fence outlines the perimeter of the school to give everyone the sense of safety and security. If you want your children to have a safe and rewarding Christian education then please contact the principal to enroll your children. This has been a wonderful school for my three children over the years and I am confident you will find the same for yours.

Posted May 18, 2004

Fantastic. Wonderful Christian school with an emphasis on Scholastics. Test scores are remarkable. Great Computer and Music programs. Small class size each with an aide. Every grade from pre-k to 8th grade is great. They have hands on projects that are amazing, most public schools don't have projects as challenging in high school. The kids are fantastic they are learning a lot and have great self esteem and attitudes. If you want a fantastic, wonderful education for your kids with caring teachers in a Christian environment this is it.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 3% 3%

Awards

Academic awards received in the past 3 years
  • Physical Fitness State Champions (2011)

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

School start time
  • 8:30 am
School end time
  • 3:15 pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school: starts at 7:00 a.m.
  • After school: ends at 6:00 p.m.
  • Dr. David Falkner
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Drop In
  • Phone
Age at which early childhood or Pre-K program begins
  • 2 years old
  • Coed
Boarding options
  • Day school
Is there an application process?
Affiliation
  • Lutheran church - missouri synod
Associations
  • ELEA
Fax number
  • (866) 508-3020

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Classical (e.g., focuses on the "classics")
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

Arts & music

Performing arts
  • Drama

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Yearbook

School culture

Dress Code
  • Dress code
Bullying policy
  • This school has a bullying and/or cyber bullying policy in place.
  • Attend parent nights
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Coach sports teams or extracurricular activities
  • Join PTO/PTA
  • Monitor the playground
  • Organize cultural events
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Serve on school improvement team or governance council
  • Tutor