Posted August 19, 2015
I am so grateful that my family made the decision to send me to Green Fields. This school taught me to think critically both inside and outside of the classroom and truly provided me with an invaluable perspective on the world. Because of stellar academics and knowledgable faculty, my 10 years at this school were amazing. This school is perfect for someone who wants individualized attention and the ability to focus on more than just testing. When I tell people where I went to high school, I am most often met with them never having heard of GF, and I am quick to explain to them why I think it is the best school in Arizona.

Posted February 10, 2015
Green Fields is an excellent school. One thing we appreciate most about Green Fields is that our child is a whole person here; he is challenged, supported, and simultaneously allowed to be a child. The teaching in the lower school is of the highest quality and enriches him. He has the unique opportunity to be exposed to sports, drama, fine arts, languages, and technology. He makes the most of a K-12 school and is supported by High School students as well as as same age peers- this is something special. Everything can always be improved; we support the middle and upper school but think their programs are in need of a more developmentally on point curriculum, as well as a more collaborative and updated faculty mentality. Financial aid is fantastic and you should not let the cost dissuade you from looking at GF!! We are 100% committed to Green Fields and truly know we are doing what is right for our child to give him the best education Tucson has to offer him. Our whole family is better because of Green Fields!

Posted January 31, 2015
The best decision we ever made was to send our son to Green Fields. After lots of academic and social struggles in public school middle school, Green Fields was a perfect choice, offering small classes, one on one support, deeply caring instructors and administrators willing to spend the time to position our son for success and build up his confidence. He is now a confident, outgoing high school student, with many close friends who is excelling academically. The close community, supportive administration, one on one academic coaching and kind student body here is amazing The campus is beautiful with lots of grass, mountain views, a pool, tennis courts, full gym and a theater - we couldn't ask for more! Financial aid is very generous too!

Posted January 17, 2015
I love Green Fields! The teachers are fantastic and it is a very close-knit community. It's like having a second family!

Posted January 12, 2015
My daughter switched to Green Fields Country Day School from our nearby public school midway through Kindergarten. It was a tough decision to make at the time, but one year later I really have no regrets. She went from being in a class of 25 kids with no assistant (just relying on volunteers to help) where she felt lost and did not get all the attention she needed, to a class of 12 with assistants. She had not made any friends for the first semester, but after one trial day at Green Fields she had a great friend already. Keeping her in a public school would have been cheaper and easier (Green Fields is not close to our home), but in the long run I know we have made the right choice. She is know blooming and has discovered that school can be a fun place to be. Financially, it is possible to get tuition aid, so I would recommend to any parents considering switching, as we did, to talk to the administration if money is what preventing them. The staff at Green Fields has always been very friendly and helpful so far. Our daughter is now in 1st grade at Green Fields and having a great time. Her teacher is wonderful, they have learned so much already.

Posted January 10, 2015
Green Fields has the best staff that we have had the pleasure of working with since our son left Montisouri school. They are very dedicated and really take a interest in each student. The experience is very personalized for the kids, and they are challenged and encouraged to do their very best at all times. In addition to this the teachers at Green Fields make the material interesting! The smaller class sizes make it possible for the teachers to spend more time with each student as necessary. In addition the students encourage each other and are very supportive. If you are looking for something more for your child then agree fields country Day school will get them on track

Posted January 10, 2015
Green Fields has provided the perfect combination of nurturing and academic challenge for my children. As a result I have two self assured, happy, positive teenagers. The curriculum is rigorous and at the same time Maggie and William receive the support they need from the faculty to be successful.

Posted April 01, 2014
Green Fields has been operating in Tucson for 80 years as of 2013! This small, K-12 Independent School, accredited by the North Central Association, operates with the goal of fostering challenge, balance and inquiry through rigorous and nurturing educational programs. In addition to its classrooms our historic campus contains organic vegetable gardens, grassy fields and playround areas where students eat lunch, socialize and play, a chicken coop, a greenhouse, a geode-shaped art dome, mature trees, a gymnasium, baseball/softball fields, a soccer field and a track, as well as many historic and modern buildings. Small class sizes allow for individualized instruction by our experienced, professional staff, many of whom have advanced degrees in their area of specialization. Capstone programs at each grade level throughout the school provide opportunities for hands-on learning and character development. Students of all ages gain skills in leadership, communication and citizenship through the active learning activities provided by their caring teachers. There is a strong sense of community at Green Fields , and every student is valued,cherished and nurtured as an individual!

Posted March 31, 2014
My daughter is in kindergarten at Green Fields this year and has had a fantastic experience! She has made wonderful strides in all academic areas (reading, math, science, civics), and has also been actively engaged in music, art, drama, Spanish and French. She has made lasting friendships and I have been impressed with the way teachers help children with negotiating and problem-solving with their peers. and The teachers are professional and experienced in developmentally appropriate instruction, but most importantly they care about each child, and the small class size (12 in kindergarten this year!) allows for close, individual attention and targeted instruction. The historic campus is full of country charm, right in the city-- and the organic vegetable gardens (vegetables are planted, harvested and consumed by students and their families), chicken coop, large, shady playground and mature trees make this school a child's wonderland! We feel part of the kindergarten 'family' of families, but also appreciated the sense of feeling welcomed to the larger school community. The values and practices at this school make it a rare educational gem!

Posted March 30, 2014
Greenfields is a great school. Our daughter has been attending for 3 years, what an amazing place. Many of the teachers are talented and passionate. Class sizes are typically small, but not too small. We encourage anybody looking for a good to school to try Greenfields.

Green Fields Country Day School
6000 North Camino De La Tierra, Tucson, AZ  85741
Last modified Green Fields Country Day School is a Private school that serves grades K-12
Green Fields Country Day School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 62 reviews. Top