Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

My child just graduated 5th grade from Castlehill in 2016. He's had been attending this school since he was 3 1/2 years old. This school not only prepares your child in academics but life. He was exposed very early on to speak in front of people, respect for fellow students and teachers. He is now in public school for 6th grade and the impact Castlehill had on him shows!! He's confident, kind, respectful and responsible. Thank you to ALL the Castlehill staff, past and present. Thank you Mrs. Schlossberg for your guidance. Truly an experience we will treasure!

Choosing the right school for our children was not easy. After visiting many excellent schools both public and private, we chose Castlehill. We could not have been more pleased with our decision. We have 2 boys enrolled, one in first and one in second grade. The teachers, including those they see for special classes such as Science and Art, are all talented individuals. They are all dedicated and kind. The average class size is 15 with a full time aid in each classroom. This alone provides my children with more one-on-one individualized education that can not be replicated in a classroom of 25 or more. My children are not exposed to poor classroom behavior as it would not be tolerated. They are exposed to tremendous amount of information and are given opportunities to learn via hands-on experiences that I feel are not always available in other schools. As a parent, I am pleased to be able to know their friends and friends parents very well. There is so much I am grateful for as a parent in this school. I look forward to next year as my youngest begins his journey as a Kindergarten at Castlehill!

This school combines small class sizes with excellent teachers. The teachers get to know your child individually and tailor the work according to their skill level. Your child will have the same specials' (phys ed, music, art, computers) teachers their entire time there and will get to know other grade level teachers through clubs and other activities. This has been hugely important for my son (now in first grade) because he is very shy and takes a while to come out of his shell. But he now feels comfortable, not just with is current teacher, but the teachers he will have in future years as well. The only negative of the school is that communication between admin and parents could be better, but this is a minor detail in the overall picture. In my experience so far, the teachers always have open lines of communication.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Many of the teachers have been there for a very long time and have a lot of experience teaching their grade level. They have fun looking classrooms and really get the kids excited about learning.

Amount of homework: Agree

The school work is totally doable and teachers are willing to work with you to let you know how to help your child at home.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The kids are taught honest and integrity from a very young age at Castlehill. Kids are treated fairly and in turn treat one another fairly.

Castlehill is an amazing school. My 7 year old and 8 year old both attend and love it there. We began in the preschool program when my son was 4 and at the time my daughter was going to another private school for Kindergarten. When open house came we took the kids to both schools for open house. My daughter said, "I WANT TO GO TO THIS SCHOOL". So we changed her in the middle of Kindergarten. It was a total different experience for her. She no longer talked about bullying or bad things that happened at school, she spoke about the fun things they did and how nice the kids were. We love the teachers, they really work with the parents and parents are welcome to be involved. I love being able to walk them into class every day and have lunch with them whenever I want. The parents are all soooo nice and welcoming and it truly feels like a family. The "Specials" teachers are also above and beyond amazing. Mrs. Valencia the art teacher does AMAZING things with the kids. Mrs. Tinley the science teacher is all about hands on learning. Both Music teachers have the kids perform a show that always leaves me in awe of what these kids are capable of. Mrs. Jorgensen makes PD so much fun and the kids love her. I would say the best thing about this school are the kids, they are all truly nice kids. The older kids play with the younger kids and look out for them. My kids don't talk about bullies at all. The kids are sweet and because the class sizes are small they all tend to become close friends. I love this school!!!!!

I am sad to read some nasty reviews of Castlehill. My daughter has attended from Pre-K to 5th grade. We have loved every teacher, found the curriculum extremely stimulating and appreciate that she also receives specialized art, music, science and physical education, some of which have disappeared in public schools. They also learn to write beautifully in cursive, which public schools have done away with. Any sort of clique or bullying behavior, which it seems is so prevalent in society, is minimal to non-existent. My daughter's classmates are kind to, and supportive of, each other. I have observed some parents who seem driven to complain and find fault, something I imagine permeates other aspects of their lives, and I find it sad they are modeling that behavior for their children. My daughter is well-spoken and has easily tested into another private middle school, something I wholly attribute to her tenure at Castlehill. I recommend it highly.

The great advantage of this school is that the children are rather well behaved. Coming from the chaos of the public schools, that may well be enough for some parents to shell out the tuition. However, do so with fair warning that the education provided is substandard, and children beyond the preschool years are underserved. The administration, namely the headmistress/owner, is not trustworthy. If you are considering the school while speaking with her, I would strongly suggest that you get everything that she promises in writing. I would also strongly discourage any parent from paying the full year's tuition up front, as when you discover the likely bait and switch you will want to have that money for outside tutoring to help your child overcome the educational deficit that the school will cause. Ask for a complete history of teachers in the various grades. There is an extremely high turnover, and most of the teachers (except for the specials teachers) that remain are substandard. Simply put, great teachers won't put up with the administration at this school for long. I gave this school 2 stars rather than 1 because it's mediocre, not completely terrible. Avoid if possible.

The most amazing school in Tucson. A nurturing family environment with educational goals that surpass your expectations. My grand daughter has attended since the Toddler program and now will be in Kindergarten. The Science, Computer, Physical Development, Library, Art teachers are all in addition to classroom teacher. They even offer Chess, Art and Activities after school. Instilling a love of learning, books but the confidence that anything is possible. The best structure and foundation of any school in Tucson. It is not only above grade level education, they reinforce social skills, confidence and with small class sizes each child is treated as an individual. You must visit this school!

Last modified Castlehill Country Day School is a Private school that serves grades PK-5