PK-6|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

First Southern Christian School 1

Posted February 11, 2016
I went to FSCS for 11 year. All was fine up until 3rd grade. I had started getting bullied and nothing was ever really done about it. I was bullied in 4th grade as well and Mrs. Burger made no attempt to fix anything. After the bullying I developed an anxiety disorder and and can barely attend any high school because of it. If you want a quality education DO NOT SEND YOUR KIDS HERE. When I went into middle school I was seriously behind in all my classes. I really do think all the teachers there are quality teachers its just they teach at an extremely low speed. Mrs Moreland and Mrs Granillo were the best teachers there and now they're gone and i completely understand why. I have completely given up my christian faith because all I was taught at this school was bullying is ok and that being hateful towards people is also ok. I rated the school so low based on my own personal experience. Most people who were in my graduating class also completely dropped religion because how hateful it is.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted February 11, 2016
I want to say thank you to Mrs Moreland for always believing me when things went wrong and doing everything she could for me. And I also want to point out that Mrs Burger is a horrible principle

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted February 11, 2016
I was bullied and since nothing was done about it for almost 2 years I think they preach that bullying is ok more than the Bible

First Southern Christian School 4

Posted May 16, 2013
My daughter has attened this school for Kinder - 2nd grade. School has good points and bad. Class sizes are small (15 per class on average) but the grades are split. 1st &2nd are together and 3rd & 4th are together. Teachers care about their studens and parents involement is always welcomed. Principal and Teachers are very open with parents and truely care. I ranked the teacher quality a little low only because the classes are spilt. While the class size is small, the teachers time is split between teaching two different grades. Truely love this school and the people that have encouraged my child to grow.

Posted November 02, 2012
I have 3 children who have attended FSCS. I am very greatful for their love and support. My children are academically on top and I owe all the credit to the GREAT teachers at FSCS!! Mrs. Burger is a wonderful principal! My family and I praise God for good, caring and loving teachers.

First Southern Christian School 1

Posted April 08, 2011
My son attended this school for 4 years. He had wonderful teachers from preschool up to 2nd grade. However the third grade teacher basically neglected my son all the time. One time my son was insulted by other students. He reported this insult to the teacher but she just neglected him as usually. My son was very upset and went ahead to discipline the students who insulted him. Ironically, the instigators in this even were left unpunished and my son was locked in the Lib. Moreover my son was suspended from school. She, the school board, and the administrator falsely accused my son to be a violent child. Neither she, nor the administrator, nor the school board could ever name a single instance in which my son violently attacked or assaulted other children. How could those so called Christians gangster up to against a 8 year old powerless and defenseless child? What the school did to my son caused enormous amount of stress to my son and my family.

Posted May 26, 2010
A Wonderful School - with Wonderful Staff... I went to this school when I was younger, I then put my child into it - love the environment and love how dedicated the staff is to the children

Posted July 29, 2009
My daughter has attended FSCS for 5 years and I love the small setting and find the teachers to be A+++++.

Posted June 17, 2009
I have three children in this school and I am more than satisfied! After struggling with my oldest in TUSD we transferred him and he is now a happy devoted student. The staff is like family, they really do want to see you and your child succeed!!

Posted April 26, 2009
My boys went to FCSC for pre-school and then into public school for kinder and first-grade. I put them back in FCSC this year and have to say there is a tremendous difference! Not only do they get a top-nothc education with a low teacher to student ratio but they get a Heart education as well. The administrators, teachers, and staff are the best...hands down!

445 East Speedway Boulevard, Tucson, AZ  85705
Last modified First Southern Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-6