Posted September 25, 2012
Great school with excellent teachers, supportive staff and creative kids. My son is very happy here and I am very pleased with his academic progress.

Satori School 4

Posted December 04, 2011
After attending a public school that was rated a "10" my son was falling through the cracks with the larger class sizes due to state cut backs. We toured Satori together, and he jumped right in playing with the other kids. Satori was open and welcoming to my son even though he needs special attention with behavior interventions and social skills development. My only concerns are that some of the students appear not well taken care of (i.e. mismatched or ill fitting clothes/un-brushed hair,etc) and that some of the staff are related to students which can make it awkward at times if you have a concern. The neighborhood is not great, but being a private/charter school that doesn't affect the quality of students or staff. Other than that, I am so happy that we found such a empathetic staff and school community to be a part of!

Posted October 26, 2011
My daughter absolutely loves coming to her new Preschool. Satori has truly embraced our unique family, and makes us feel welcome all the time. Every day when my daughter goes to class she is so excited. She loves her teacher and the new friends she is making, and can't wait to tell us the things she has learned about each day. She has already gone on several fieldtrips, and loves to tell us about her new adventures. Even though she stays at school for extended day, she is never wants to leave when we pick her up. Her favorite afterschool activity is recycled art, and it's always "Can't I stay just a little longer?" We looked at many schools, and feel confident that we made the right decision for our whole family!

Posted October 26, 2011
As an alumnus, I credit a lot of who I am today to Satori. I know if I had not been there I would have been that socially awkward kid with no friends who doesn't care about any of his work. I would have fallen through the cracks in public elementary school, I firmly believe that. There's not a single teacher or staff member there that I don't trust with pretty much anything. They are all deeply committed to provide a challenging and supportive learning environment. The principal knows every single child by name, as well as their individual needs, and maintains constant contact with teachers to ensure that the needs of each classroom are met. I cannot recommend this school highly enough. Satori did a phenomenal job preparing me for school past graduation and for life in general.

Posted October 26, 2011
I have two children who attend Satori. In the next few years as the state standards change and require more of students, Satori's kids will be well prepared to exceed the Common Core. What I like most l is the fact that they are always working to improve an already really great school, from the playground to the curriculum. Staff members are always very helpful and available. The teachers truly know their students and look at a child as a whole. This is a place where education and community are truly present.

Posted October 26, 2011
My child started Kindergarten in August. In this short amount of time, she is already reading and doing simple math problems. The teachers are very caring, highly experienced and really enjoy their jobs! I have an older child who attended Kindergarten at a local elementary school and the difference between what they learned/accomplished is startling! Needless to say, my older child now attends Satori. The quality of instruction at Satori is outstanding. If you are looking to build a foundation for your young child, then this is the school for you!

Satori School 1

Posted June 27, 2011
I only went to tour this school, but several things were off. Not only was it located in a not-so-good neighborhood but it is also off of a main road. Every classroom we went into I saw the kids running the teacher and/or TA. There seemed to be no structure or discipline or respect. We made it to the playgroung and a class was out there. Kids were playing, having a good time. Then the class went in. I noticed there was a child still outside, by herself if it weren't for us. My guide (office admin I believe) DID NOT notice the child. I waited to see if any staff would notice and react. The teacher/TA never came out and my guide was so busy talking to me she didn't see the child. A few minutes later I asked her if that child was supposed to be outside, she immediately got the child and took her inside and spoke with them a second. She came back out and told me they normally do head counts when leaving the class and returning. Not that day I guess. The school is also expensive! For all that money children should be well educated and properly watched. Look depper when looking here.

Posted August 23, 2010
Satori teaches through multiple intelligences so all learners are met. Community values and high parent involvement make a wonderful environment. We are happy to be here.

Posted July 20, 2010
I am so happy my son spends his days here. The teachers are great, the energy is high and the students are happy. My son expresses a like for the way he is taught and treated at school. I took my son out of Waldorf and Satori is doing a remarkable job catching him up on reading, math and science. The most rewarding part for our family is how much he enjoys learning here.

Satori School 0

Posted January 14, 2009
I am a teacher's aide at Satori who recently moved from Portland, Oregon and I am soon moving back. If you are planning on living in Tucson in the future, Satori is the most liberal, great, west-coast sort of school you will find in this red state. I highly recommend sending your children to this school unless you have plans of moving west to more liberal and open states.

Satori School