K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

II am a graduate of St Michael's and I also enrolled my son there because of the positive experience I had here. I honestly felt that St Michael's was instrumental in my academic success during my high school years. I took honors English and felt that St Michael's curriculum really helped me in high school .i can honestly say that I learned more at St Michael's than I did in four years of a very good public high school ! I credit St Michael's for my high ACT and SAT scores. I also became very good at organizing my time because of the homework load I had at St Michael's. Yes. There is a lot of it but I became very confident in my mastery of the content of what was taught. Trust me, it will pay off in the long run! I always felt safe and felt that I was an important member of the community. I learned to think for myself and also realized that there were people who struggled in the Tucson community and that I had a responsibility to help those less fortunate than myself. I learned to speak public ally and also discovered a passion for science , literature and history at this wonderful place. My son had the same experience many years later and became very confident in his academic abilities at St Michael's. He was able to attend University high school and later attend college with a four year fullscholarship and complete a Masters degree with half of his tuition paid by his college. I feel in my heart that his academic success was nurtured by the wonderfull teachers at St Michael's It is a beautiful school and I feel the teachers want nothing more than the students success culturally , and academically and to help the students to accomplish things that they never dreamed were possible.They also want them to become good citizens and to treat each other as they would like to be treated. What more could you ask for?

This was once a good school. The middle school is horrible except for 3 teachers. At over $9000/year it is NOT worth the money. Math and science continue to lag behind public schools and charters. Your opinion and input is not welcome by the Head of School, she simply does not want to hear it, unless of course you have a position in the community that she wishes to have access. Declining academics, declining enrollment, and an ineffectual administrator who is not even respected by her own employees spell disaster for this once great school. SAVE your money open enroll in a better school district/charter!

This is our sixth year at St. Michael's and I still drive away from school every morning feeling immensely grateful that my child spends his days in a beautiful campus being challenged, nurtured, and cared for. This is an exceptional school that manages to balance demanding academics with a strong arts program and plenty of athletic opportunities. Every teacher we have had has been not just highly qualified, but incredibly dedicated. Every year I have felt my son's teachers knew him well, cared for him, and took the time to figure out his needs. As a non-religious non-parishioner I truly cannot relate to previous reviews that describe feeling there is preference for students and teachers that belong to the church. In my experience, St. Michael's is a close-knit, supportive, inclusive community. We're definitely staying through 8th grade and can't wait for middle school!

This is our 3rd year at St. Michael's and we couldn't be happier! We came from what was supposed to be a one of the best public elementary schools in Tucson. They could not challenge our child due to the high class sizes and was bored and not learning a thing! All of the teachers we have had at St. Michael's have been wonderful. They are caring and professional. The new head of school is wonderful. She genuinely cares for all the students and their families. She is out front each morning to greet us as we drop of our children, never saw the principal at the public school do this! Our children love this school and have asked to stay there though 8th grade. They say the kids are nice and they are not bullied like they were at the public school. The parent involvement here is fantastic! St. Michael's is truly a special place and we are glad to be a part of it!

Very poor experience. Administration management quite unprofessional and education not worth the high price tag.

Political cartel of parent s and admin who sing from the same choir book make this school intolerable. Ineffectual senior directors complete the sad end to this once fine school. There are terribly poor teachers in this school that frankly, should have retired years ago. They are tired, mean spirited phone-it-in individuals and the children suffer for it. Science and math are sub-par for a private school (8000/year or so - are they kidling?).

St. Michael's is full of kind hearted children from loving homes. Families appear to give more than they receive. Beyond the generous monetary gifts and the volunteering of time, families interconnect and want all the children to thrive. Families go to basketball games, even when their children aren't on the team. Families support the school play, even when their children aren't in the cast. The school has a buddy system which allows the grades to interact on a regular basis, the other classrooms aren't filled with strangers, but they are filled with friends. We are getting ready to start our 6th year at St. Michael's and both our children love their teachers, their friends and their school. They are happy, they are learning and they want to go to St. Michael's. St. Michael's has so many families that I want my children to be around. When I look at the school through their eyes, there isn't another choice.

We have found St. Michael's an excellent school, where our child has thrived since moving from Houston, TX, in 2011/12. We do not see preferential treatment based on race, religion or lack of it. We have experienced transparent Parent-Teacher relationships in her 2 years here, and have not regretted our choice of St. Michael's.

The school has evolved to become one of the best schools in town. The academics, atmosphere, and athletics have made my children become well rounded people.

I feel the reviewer on April 6th below expresses the feelings of a very small community of people in this school. We did not like the way our children were treated here and they now attend an academically advanced charter school. The science was very poorly taught in this school and the teachers were not able to teach math to the level the children needed for complete comprehension in order to score well on testing. Our children are now thriving elsewhere and we feel we should never have enrolled them here in the first place. I agree there is too much politics in the school and this reflects on how the children are treated. There were teachers that picked favorites and treated others very poorly. The academic directors should retire and fresh faculty needs to reform the school. None of these changes seemed to be on the horizon and it does not look like the new Headmistress will change anything. Too much parent involvement lead to some key parents being power hungry and taking over too many activities and not allowing other parents in the school to be involved. Board members and parent association chairs should have a one term limit, this is key for limiting their influence.

Last modified St. Michael's School is a Private school that serves grades K-8