Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

This school has made a huge impact on my son's reading and math skill levels. He was attending a public school and he had little to no homework and was getting into trouble. He returned and now has A's and only one B in an advanced curriculum. He still gets in to mischief, as some 4th grade boys do, but the school holds him accountable for his behavior and his academic success. He has learned responsibility and personal accountability at the age of 9 because of the staff and administration. I would much rather have an advanced curriculum and a caring staff over free breakfast any day.

Develops character: Strongly agree

This school goes above and beyond to teach students to take responsibility for their own actions. We teach students about honesty and integrity not only with lessons, but also with actions. If we make a mistake, we take responsibility for our mistakes. As one of the school principals, I take responsibility for the actions of every one of my staff members. We all care deeply about each and every student. Our staff members are some of the most caring and dedicated professionals that are in the field of education. I urge you, before making a decision based solely on a review, call me and come visit our school. We will show you why and how we became the number 1 Title 1 charter school in the state of Arizona!

My daughter has attended this school for two years. For 2 grade the curriculum was good she learned a lot. The teacher would tell them that they didn't go on field trips because they didn't behave. My daughter would tell me that the teacher would put them in two groups of the children who she considered good and bad. Then she rewarded the well behaved while the other children just sat there and watched. I don't think it's okay that this school doesn't have a nurse. A front office staff should not be handling situations that are meant for someone with proper qualifications that she clearly dose not have. She can't even manage the front. On multiple occasion I have seen that she is on personal calls. Her and other staff also yell at the children and when I asked why they talked to them in that manner. They both said that the way they kid around. The fact that they do not have breakfast in the morning is a problem because it is so important to get a meal before they start the day. I have called the main office on multiple occasions. The only thing that happened was that they had someone call me from the school only to tell me they could not do anything because it was out of the budget. Yet the are always reasing money for the older kids to go on trips. But my daughters class never took a trip in 2nd grade. Now that she is in 3rd grade her and her class has only gone on one trip and the year is almost over. Her 3rd grade teacher is a great teacher and tries different ways to teach them if they don't understand. This will be the last she attendes this poorly and unorganized school.

The staff is incredibly caring about all the students. They make sure that they take the time to talk to you about any concerns surrounding your child. The teachers are energetic and work with you to keep you updated as to how your child is doing. The smaller class sizes are great.

The school is great. Children are doing the next years curriculum. In 2nd grade, my son is doing multiplication. They also have a wonderful booster club that helps parents get involved in the school. They teach piano or guitar to the students.

This school works really hard to ensure that all children are successful. We have been recognized as one of the top schools in Arizona that help students with disabilities reach their full potential. We have a very dedicated staff that pushes their students very hard, but also gives them the support they need when they are being pushed. It is a great organization that is comprised of many very professional and caring staff members. Thank you for considering our school to be the school of choice for your family!

My son has ADHD, their teaches and staff are not informed or prepared to handle situations with children with this condition. They constantly suspend him for days and even tried to flunk him rehard less of the fact that his grades are all A's and B's. I had really had high hopes for this school from all the reviews I read before enrolling him there, but he will definately not be returning there next year.

Not what this school used to be,very disapointed.contacting lawers tomorrow.Very questionable school tactics at least,after talking with other parents it's not just us. any retalitory actions by staff,administation,or stake holders will not be tolerated.

Any parent that cares about their childs education should enroll them in academy of math and science. I have had 5 children there for over 8 years and the education is beyond my expectation. My 4th grader is doing algebra and writing assignments that most 8th grade students in public schools have never even attempted. Mr. Muellar is an outstanding teacher that has enriched my childrens life with these assignments. Unfortunately he is only teaching part-time. Ams will help any student with extra tutoring to get your student up to expectation with their standards. This school offers the best in education. I am proud to be a parent of 5 outstanding students that have attending this school. v

The school declared emergency in the middle of a horrible storm and made parents pick up the kids in very dangerous weather conditions. There was NO SIGN of flooding in the building itself!

Last modified Academy of Math and Science is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.