Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (2 responses)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 09, 2016
All of the teachers care for the students and it makes a huge difference in their education.

Posted May 09, 2016
This school has made a huge impact on my son's reading and math skill levels. He was attending a public school and he had little to no homework and was getting into trouble. He returned and now has A's and only one B in an advanced curriculum. He still gets in to mischief, as some 4th grade boys do, but the school holds him accountable for his behavior and his academic success. He has learned responsibility and personal accountability at the age of 9 because of the staff and administration. I would much rather have an advanced curriculum and a caring staff over free breakfast any day.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted May 09, 2016
This school goes above and beyond to teach students to take responsibility for their own actions. We teach students about honesty and integrity not only with lessons, but also with actions. If we make a mistake, we take responsibility for our mistakes. As one of the school principals, I take responsibility for the actions of every one of my staff members. We all care deeply about each and every student. Our staff members are some of the most caring and dedicated professionals that are in the field of education. I urge you, before making a decision based solely on a review, call me and come visit our school. We will show you why and how we became the number 1 Title 1 charter school in the state of Arizona!

Academy of Math and Science 1

Posted April 08, 2016
My daughter has attended this school for two years. For 2 grade the curriculum was good she learned a lot. The teacher would tell them that they didn't go on field trips because they didn't behave. My daughter would tell me that the teacher would put them in two groups of the children who she considered good and bad. Then she rewarded the well behaved while the other children just sat there and watched. I don't think it's okay that this school doesn't have a nurse. A front office staff should not be handling situations that are meant for someone with proper qualifications that she clearly dose not have. She can't even manage the front. On multiple occasion I have seen that she is on personal calls. Her and other staff also yell at the children and when I asked why they talked to them in that manner. They both said that the way they kid around. The fact that they do not have breakfast in the morning is a problem because it is so important to get a meal before they start the day. I have called the main office on multiple occasions. The only thing that happened was that they had someone call me from the school only to tell me they could not do anything because it was out of the budget. Yet the are always reasing money for the older kids to go on trips. But my daughters class never took a trip in 2nd grade. Now that she is in 3rd grade her and her class has only gone on one trip and the year is almost over. Her 3rd grade teacher is a great teacher and tries different ways to teach them if they don't understand. This will be the last she attendes this poorly and unorganized school.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted April 08, 2016
They way front staff talk to the children is unexpectable. My daughter has accompanied a few of her class mattes to the front office when they were not feeling well. She tells me that even though they were sick she side it was find and to return to class. Even when the child had an obvious pink eye she was returned back to class.

Posted March 04, 2016
The staff is incredibly caring about all the students. They make sure that they take the time to talk to you about any concerns surrounding your child. The teachers are energetic and work with you to keep you updated as to how your child is doing. The smaller class sizes are great.

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted November 05, 2015
MR. Strada is Great!!!. He works very hard. Mr. Strada goes above and beyond his duty.

Posted November 05, 2015
The school is great. Children are doing the next years curriculum. In 2nd grade, my son is doing multiplication. They also have a wonderful booster club that helps parents get involved in the school. They teach piano or guitar to the students.

Posted May 04, 2015
This school works really hard to ensure that all children are successful. We have been recognized as one of the top schools in Arizona that help students with disabilities reach their full potential. We have a very dedicated staff that pushes their students very hard, but also gives them the support they need when they are being pushed. It is a great organization that is comprised of many very professional and caring staff members. Thank you for considering our school to be the school of choice for your family!

Academy of Math and Science 2

Posted April 30, 2015
My son has ADHD, their teaches and staff are not informed or prepared to handle situations with children with this condition. They constantly suspend him for days and even tried to flunk him rehard less of the fact that his grades are all A's and B's. I had really had high hopes for this school from all the reviews I read before enrolling him there, but he will definately not be returning there next year.

1557 W Prince Rd, Tucson, AZ  85705
Last modified Academy of Math and Science is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.