Public charter
Tucson, AZ

Posted May 06, 2015
My daughter has been going to AMS since kindergarten. I was very pleased with her first year so we decided to keep her at the school. I am not a huge fan of the building and I have noticed that they are beginning to improve the property which makes me very happy. I can say my daughter s first grade teacher was the best! She was super supportive and always great to work with. My daughter not only has been getting a great education at this school but she really belongs to a community. My daughter has a chronic illness and therefore she is on a 504 plan. Working with the administration and Special education department was helpful in getting my child the proper accommodations in the classroom. Soon my daughter will be moving into the third grade and I know she cannot wait to meet her new teacher and have a new year. There are clearly things that I would love for the school to improve but it seems every year that my child attends that list gets smaller and smaller because of all the changes they have been doing. Overall I am very pleased with this school and I have always gotten the support from teachers and administration when needed.

Posted May 04, 2015
This school works really hard to ensure that all children are successful. We have been recognized as one of the top schools in Arizona that help students with disabilities reach their full potential. We have a very dedicated staff that pushes their students very hard, but also gives them the support they need when they are being pushed. It is a great organization that is comprised of many very professional and caring staff members. Thank you for considering our school to be the school of choice for your family!
3 people found this helpful

Academy of Math and Science 2

Posted April 30, 2015
My son has ADHD, their teaches and staff are not informed or prepared to handle situations with children with this condition. They constantly suspend him for days and even tried to flunk him rehard less of the fact that his grades are all A's and B's. I had really had high hopes for this school from all the reviews I read before enrolling him there, but he will definately not be returning there next year.

Academy of Math and Science 1

Posted April 15, 2015
Not what this school used to be,very disapointed.contacting lawers tomorrow.Very questionable school tactics at least,after talking with other parents it's not just us. any retalitory actions by staff,administation,or stake holders will not be tolerated.
4 people found this helpful

Posted October 03, 2014
Any parent that cares about their childs education should enroll them in academy of math and science. I have had 5 children there for over 8 years and the education is beyond my expectation. My 4th grader is doing algebra and writing assignments that most 8th grade students in public schools have never even attempted. Mr. Muellar is an outstanding teacher that has enriched my childrens life with these assignments. Unfortunately he is only teaching part-time. Ams will help any student with extra tutoring to get your student up to expectation with their standards. This school offers the best in education. I am proud to be a parent of 5 outstanding students that have attending this school. v

Academy of Math and Science 1

Posted September 16, 2014
The school declared emergency in the middle of a horrible storm and made parents pick up the kids in very dangerous weather conditions. There was NO SIGN of flooding in the building itself!

Posted June 01, 2014
The teachers, Mrs. Hubele, Mr Strada, Mrs.Davis & Ms. Joann helped my daughter not only on her academics but believing in herself & building her confidence. They care for the wholeness of the students.

Posted April 17, 2014
It is an excellent school. However, I would like to have more parents involvement with the development of the kids.
3 people found this helpful

Academy of Math and Science 4

Posted April 17, 2014
AMS has been an awesome school ; it teaches my son curriculum above his average grade level and its has a family orientated staff. I live 30 minutes away and the school assist me with giving my son transportation to its sister school which is more closer to my home. This school definitely goes above and beyond for its students and parents. Only room of opportunity I had was a situation with not getting notices in a timely manner , however I haven't had that issue in a while ....plus I had a 2nd grader....which may have aided to untimely notices which he has become more responsible.. Thank you AMS

Posted April 16, 2014
If you have a If you have a heart condition... do not send your child here. There is a good chance you'll have a heart attack when you come home and find your previously failing ADD child sitting on the couch doing homework and volunteering information about what he learned today. Seriously, this is a fantastic school. There are schools with better ratings and prestigious reputations, but there is a passion and youthful enthusiasm among the staff at AMS that I didn't see when I visited several other top rated charter schools in Tucson. If you have a child that wants to learn while having fun, bring them here. If you don't believe me, look at the kids not the staff next time you visit your school. Are they having fun? Now look at the staff, do they look happy? Do you expect your child to be? If you want a school that has a bunch of nonsensical bureaucracy full of stuffy old teachers go somewhere else. If you want an energetic and dynamic educational experience for your child, enroll them at the Academy of Math and Science in Tucson.
4 people found this helpful

Academy of Math and Science
1557 W Prince Rd, Tucson, AZ  85705
Last modified Academy of Math and Science is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Academy of Math and Science Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 85 reviews. Top