Public charter
Tucson, AZ

Posted October 03, 2014
Any parent that cares about their childs education should enroll them in academy of math and science. I have had 5 children there for over 8 years and the education is beyond my expectation. My 4th grader is doing algebra and writing assignments that most 8th grade students in public schools have never even attempted. Mr. Muellar is an outstanding teacher that has enriched my childrens life with these assignments. Unfortunately he is only teaching part-time. Ams will help any student with extra tutoring to get your student up to expectation with their standards. This school offers the best in education. I am proud to be a parent of 5 outstanding students that have attending this school. v

Academy of Math and Science 1

Posted September 16, 2014
The school declared emergency in the middle of a horrible storm and made parents pick up the kids in very dangerous weather conditions. There was NO SIGN of flooding in the building itself!

Posted June 01, 2014
The teachers, Mrs. Hubele, Mr Strada, Mrs.Davis & Ms. Joann helped my daughter not only on her academics but believing in herself & building her confidence. They care for the wholeness of the students.

Posted April 17, 2014
It is an excellent school. However, I would like to have more parents involvement with the development of the kids.

Academy of Math and Science 4

Posted April 17, 2014
AMS has been an awesome school ; it teaches my son curriculum above his average grade level and its has a family orientated staff. I live 30 minutes away and the school assist me with giving my son transportation to its sister school which is more closer to my home. This school definitely goes above and beyond for its students and parents. Only room of opportunity I had was a situation with not getting notices in a timely manner , however I haven't had that issue in a while ....plus I had a 2nd grader....which may have aided to untimely notices which he has become more responsible.. Thank you AMS

Posted April 16, 2014
If you have a If you have a heart condition... do not send your child here. There is a good chance you'll have a heart attack when you come home and find your previously failing ADD child sitting on the couch doing homework and volunteering information about what he learned today. Seriously, this is a fantastic school. There are schools with better ratings and prestigious reputations, but there is a passion and youthful enthusiasm among the staff at AMS that I didn't see when I visited several other top rated charter schools in Tucson. If you have a child that wants to learn while having fun, bring them here. If you don't believe me, look at the kids not the staff next time you visit your school. Are they having fun? Now look at the staff, do they look happy? Do you expect your child to be? If you want a school that has a bunch of nonsensical bureaucracy full of stuffy old teachers go somewhere else. If you want an energetic and dynamic educational experience for your child, enroll them at the Academy of Math and Science in Tucson.

Posted April 16, 2014
It's a great school with wonderful teachers and staff!! My children love this school and don't want to go to any other school. I like that they are ahead on learning and if they need help the teachers are always there for them since they have smaller group than any other school. They have more attention from their teacher. Whenever you have any questions you only have to call the school and they will always give you answers! It's a great school! I personally recommend it! My children been there for the last 3 years and more to come.

Posted March 06, 2014
The best thing I could do for my Granddaughter is find her a good school where she would be challenged academically. In my ignorance I allowed the public school system to fail two of my children and I was not about to let that happen again. AMS was that school. Now in her 4rth year at that school, she is performing above grade level. The staff and teachers have always been accessible to us. The staff really seams to care about my child's education and anything less then the best afford is not is just not good enough. Our children will have to compete with children from all over the country in collage. From all over the world, and lets face it our education system is less than adequate. Our kids need teachers who care and have expectations of them in order to succeed and AMS is doing just that.

Posted November 07, 2013
We had a great PAC meeting tonight. Mrs. Hartley really helped with technology! The middle school had a much larger turnout tonight than previous meetings.

Academy of Math and Science 1

Posted November 06, 2013
Although this school has a good curriculim, their disciplining protocal falls short. My child's teacher is not very friendly and does not have the patience to help my child learn. unfortunalty, I will be removing my child after 2 months of attending the Academy of Math and Science.

Academy of Math and Science
1557 W Prince Rd, Tucson, AZ  85705
Last modified Academy of Math and Science is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Academy of Math and Science Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 82 reviews. Top