School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

One of the best ways to see what Tucson Country Day School is about is to visit our campus. Take a tour with an administrator. Visit our classrooms. Meet our office staff. See our teachers in action. Watch our students interact with each other. See our landscaped 10-acre campus, our covered activity center and playgrounds, and our large grassy field. Observe our art, music, PE, technology, Spanish, band and orchestra classes. Most important, see how our teachers interact with our students, and how hard we work to build relationships and to make every student feel like the CHAMPION that he or she is. Relationships build trust, trust builds good behavior, good behavior leads to uninterrupted instruction and uninterrupted instruction allows for high academic achievement and individualized instruction. As the COO, I focus on how the school runs and our amazing principal is free to focus on student academics and teacher excellence. We appreciate parent participation and feedback. We welcome new ideas, and ask ourselves through every step we take -- Is this what's best for kids? If it is, we continue. If it's not, we don't. Please come by and see who we are. I look forward to meeting you.
March 22, 2015

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted August 28, 2015
Some teachers are good but some teachers just aren't good at teaching they need to find a good job, but all in all most of the teachers are very good

Amount of homework: Don't know

Posted August 28, 2015
there isn't much homework, but they will give out 5 different projects at once that are all due around the same time and get made when they arent perfect, and students don't eat a good breakfast, and get 8-10 hours of sleep, and go through extra curricular classes

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted August 28, 2015
Some teachers you can tell actually love their job, but others take no consideration into what is best for the students, they rush through lessons, and dont give time on anything

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted August 28, 2015
They don't care what is good for the students at all, the middle school department was completely out of paper because they spent all of their money on flowers that the ground squirrels ate instead on things that would actually benefit the students.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted August 28, 2015
again, they take serious stuff lightly, but OH NO if a student is wearing red socks its an automatic dress code

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted August 28, 2015
The anti-bullying policy is a complete joke, i went there last year and they did nothing for me being tormented in school

Tucson Country Day School 1

Posted August 28, 2015
So i was there for 7 years, at first it was nice...then they started not caring about the students education or bullying....i had a teacher who was gone for 3 months straight, i was bullied from 3rd grade until 7th grade (1st and 2nd were fine) but in 7th they really stopped caring, i had teachers on the sides as the bullies, the same teacher would tell me to stop when a different student would do something then call me fat...the students spread rumors about me, laughed at me, called me horrible names, and would scream awful things at me...in front of the teachers!!! they teachers just told them to walk away, they never asked how i was.....i do however like a few of the teachers...there was only 2 i wasn't particularly fond of, the rest were great. but the anti bullying policy is a complete lie, i am a student to clear things up, thankfully i moved away and got out of that place. i don't recommend it if your child is in middle school,however if your child is in elementary or preschool school it should be fine, again the teachers are great, but bullying is taken extremely lightly

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted June 29, 2015
Great school! Few issues were solved as they should have been. We lost a great math teacher. He taught my kiddo a math formula & he no longer struggles in math. Few kids couldn't handle it, so he was removed. The parents then move their kid to more challenging school. (Gets teacher fired-moves kid to more challenging school) really!!?? Maybe it wasn't the teacher? I do think healthier lunches could be provided for $3.50, so I pack lunches instead but overall great school!

Message to families
SCHOOL LEADER
Posted March 22, 2015

Tucson Country Day School 5

Posted January 25, 2015
WOW! I have seen some amazing changes at Tucson Country Day School this year. I have always been a fan of the school and very much appreciate the school's focus on social excellence as well as academics. Children are well-behaved and polite, there don't seem to be a lot of disruptions in the classroom and teachers care beyond anything I have ever seen. There is a new focus on data this year and students are being asked to set goals for themselves and then being asked to think about steps they can take to meet their goals - like raising my B in math to an A by doing all of my homework, asking questions when I have them and coming in at lunch to get extra help when I need it. I love this and so does my child. In Middle School, the students are divided into small groups they call "crews". Each crew has an adult leader who meets with the crew members every week to talk about how they are doing academically and socially. This accountability is great and is making my middle school student stay on top of ALL of his work. His grades are so much better. I couldn't be happier. I just enrolled for next year and I wouldn't go anywhere else.

9239 E. Wrightstown Road, Tucson, AZ  85715
Last modified Tucson Country Day School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Tucson Country Day School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 107 reviews. Top