Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted November 23, 2015
I think it's sufficient and helpful for my kids. I appreciate the help I can give them.

Posted September 26, 2015
I have had previous experience with Desert Springs Academy when my brother and sisters were going there. One of my sisters is autistic and they were so patient with her and helped her to keep up with the other students but at her own pace. My brother is now in college and sisters in high school but they often go back to visit when they pick up my son from 1st grade and everyone remembers them. I love the attention that the teachers give to the students, the office staff and principal are very personable and informative of anything that involves your child. My son doesn't do well with change so when he started Kindergarten it was a hard time for him but the teachers made him feel welcome and help him to adjust and when he had his "meltdown" moments they did call me when I was at work and inform me and let me know the action taken. This I was very appreciative of to be kept in the loop when other schools just dismiss this or don't even let you know what goes on. Now that he is in 1st grade he is doing even better, he gets good grades, he loves going to the aftercare and helping the teachers. I can't wait for my daughter to start attending and getting the great education my son is getting.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted September 25, 2015
Clearly emphasized and an implementation of "no bullying". Much, much respect. I feel respected as a parent as well.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted September 25, 2015
I have seen all staff care and love each student. Of course there are students that are more difficult, but they are treated with love and compassion. As a parent, I have never had issues with not being able to express concerns and such.

Posted September 25, 2015
I love the experiences I've had at this school. I have had three children attending at one time. I love how advanced in teaching it is and the care they have for each student. My kindergartners were reading before 1st grade among other things. The staff takes the time to listen to any needs or concerns I may have. I always recommend this school to everyone. I love that the classes are small enough to focus on each student and the teachers care. Lots of parent involvement. Another plus is their after school program. It's affordable and the teachers are AWESOME! They help with studying, homework, and whatever my children need. Half the time, my kids don't want to leave when I arrive to pick them up. FANTASTIC SCHOOL! I'LL KEEP MY KIDS HERE UNTIL I HAVE TO MOVE THEM.

Posted September 10, 2015
We are pleased with the school, smaller class sizes than public school and friendly teachers. This school offers fun activities like square dancing and kids art program.

Posted October 21, 2014
I have had all of my children attend this school over the span of many years. I appreciate the consistency, good healthy discipline and support from staff. My daughter accomplished amazing results and I am pleased with this school.

Desert Springs Academy 1

Posted October 20, 2014
I wouldn't give this school any stars. I have had my children in the same school from day one. The school building was bought out by Desert Springs Academy. The teachers are bullies and allowed to prevent your child from getting a proper education and the teachers are ALWAYS right. Even the director will tell you their cameras don't work, they can't access the system. All false advertisements. The parents are never contacted until it's too late and they fail to comply with children's IEP's. This school should be shut down. The director condones physical acts against children by teachers and never checks with anyone but the ill-willed teachers. Not even the monitor is asked if the claimed event occurs on the playground. They will tell you one thing, then deny it later. Record all convo's with admin!!!

Desert Springs Academy 1

Posted March 11, 2014
Highly disappointed! When my child began Desert Springs Academy we thought it was a great school, the teacher was wonderful with the children and related to them. Then without any notice , poof, the teacher was gone with no explanation why and replaced with a bullying teacher. In the first day of his instruction my child and other children I spoke with were upset and distraught in how he spoke to them. My child is normally the happy 'A' student that gets along with everyone. After a day in his class my child came home crying with how he spoke to her. After speaking to other parents and their children, getting the same feedback from them, I decided that something seriously was wrong. Now, I didn't go into all that was said in our conversations, but let me tell you this...Watch out if you choose to send your child to a school that allows bullying by the teachers!

Desert Springs Academy 2

Posted January 31, 2014
This is a good academically focused school, but disorganized. I was told my child was doing poorly on a continuous basis by one person and the complete opposite by another. Progress reports lack any real information. The truth was he was right where he should be. The after school coordinator is a rip off, they send students there without contacting parents and expect you to pay for their failure in communication. It should be the parents choice not the teachers what happens if a child misses his regular transportation. They also have no cafeteria, so regardless of weather your kid would be eating outside.

10129 E. Speedway, Tucson, AZ  85748
Last modified Desert Springs Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.