Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Amount of homework: Agree

I think it's sufficient and helpful for my kids. I appreciate the help I can give them.

I have had previous experience with Desert Springs Academy when my brother and sisters were going there. One of my sisters is autistic and they were so patient with her and helped her to keep up with the other students but at her own pace. My brother is now in college and sisters in high school but they often go back to visit when they pick up my son from 1st grade and everyone remembers them. I love the attention that the teachers give to the students, the office staff and principal are very personable and informative of anything that involves your child. My son doesn't do well with change so when he started Kindergarten it was a hard time for him but the teachers made him feel welcome and help him to adjust and when he had his "meltdown" moments they did call me when I was at work and inform me and let me know the action taken. This I was very appreciative of to be kept in the loop when other schools just dismiss this or don't even let you know what goes on. Now that he is in 1st grade he is doing even better, he gets good grades, he loves going to the aftercare and helping the teachers. I can't wait for my daughter to start attending and getting the great education my son is getting.

I love the experiences I've had at this school. I have had three children attending at one time. I love how advanced in teaching it is and the care they have for each student. My kindergartners were reading before 1st grade among other things. The staff takes the time to listen to any needs or concerns I may have. I always recommend this school to everyone. I love that the classes are small enough to focus on each student and the teachers care. Lots of parent involvement. Another plus is their after school program. It's affordable and the teachers are AWESOME! They help with studying, homework, and whatever my children need. Half the time, my kids don't want to leave when I arrive to pick them up. FANTASTIC SCHOOL! I'LL KEEP MY KIDS HERE UNTIL I HAVE TO MOVE THEM.

We are pleased with the school, smaller class sizes than public school and friendly teachers. This school offers fun activities like square dancing and kids art program.

I have had all of my children attend this school over the span of many years. I appreciate the consistency, good healthy discipline and support from staff. My daughter accomplished amazing results and I am pleased with this school.

I wouldn't give this school any stars. I have had my children in the same school from day one. The school building was bought out by Desert Springs Academy. The teachers are bullies and allowed to prevent your child from getting a proper education and the teachers are ALWAYS right. Even the director will tell you their cameras don't work, they can't access the system. All false advertisements. The parents are never contacted until it's too late and they fail to comply with children's IEP's. This school should be shut down. The director condones physical acts against children by teachers and never checks with anyone but the ill-willed teachers. Not even the monitor is asked if the claimed event occurs on the playground. They will tell you one thing, then deny it later. Record all convo's with admin!!!

Highly disappointed! When my child began Desert Springs Academy we thought it was a great school, the teacher was wonderful with the children and related to them. Then without any notice , poof, the teacher was gone with no explanation why and replaced with a bullying teacher. In the first day of his instruction my child and other children I spoke with were upset and distraught in how he spoke to them. My child is normally the happy 'A' student that gets along with everyone. After a day in his class my child came home crying with how he spoke to her. After speaking to other parents and their children, getting the same feedback from them, I decided that something seriously was wrong. Now, I didn't go into all that was said in our conversations, but let me tell you this...Watch out if you choose to send your child to a school that allows bullying by the teachers!

This is a good academically focused school, but disorganized. I was told my child was doing poorly on a continuous basis by one person and the complete opposite by another. Progress reports lack any real information. The truth was he was right where he should be. The after school coordinator is a rip off, they send students there without contacting parents and expect you to pay for their failure in communication. It should be the parents choice not the teachers what happens if a child misses his regular transportation. They also have no cafeteria, so regardless of weather your kid would be eating outside.

This school is operating on past reputation- The school adminastration is lacking in student and teacher involvement - They have lost some good teacher and the replacements have been nothing short of a disaster for the environment and academics. Teachers Are the corner stones to good Academic students. You shouldn't just hire someone from Craig's list a few weeks before school starts. You shouldn't just hire some random parent to teach upper level classes - and offer No parent communication and expect your child to inform you the parent they are struggling in class and feeling mistreated. - Who is the adult here ! With recent problem from this school and teacher student issues . I would keep your self informed about your child needs - because The principle and some, not all , teachers may not . Hopefully with the new location they -the Administration / principle will step up and look out for everyone teachers and students alike!

My daughter has been at DSA since 2nd grade, coming from Lineweaver elementary. We have had nothing but a great experience here. The teacher in question regarding singling out children in an unprofessional way, was also our 3rd grade teacher as well. We didnt have a problem with her, but she DID have rules, and expected children to follow them., teaching accountability and responsibility. I am aware of some of the families that complained about this teacher in 3rd grade, but coincidentally, their child also struggled following rules in 4th grade too. I dont know of the exact issues of 2012 with 3rd grade, but as for parents being "boat-rockers", the staff and director, in my opinion have been nothing but open to hearing any concerns parents have, and in fact, steps were taken to address that 3rd grade teacher, and she is no longer at DSA. We entertained taking our child out of DSA and putting her into Ventana Vista, logistically to be nearer to her brothers new school, but in the end, we decided to keep driving, and keep her where she has been thriving. DSA gets an A from this family.

Last modified Desert Springs Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.