Bad
Good

My kids have had good experiences here. The principal has recently changed and she is a bright and spirited lady. She seems to know everybody's name. There is a definite sense of family, a strong PTO and wonderful teachers. The. kids seem to be doing well when they transfer to middle school and are well prepared. The teachers really make this school outstanding.

I have two sons and a daughter here and we have loved this school for the past 3 years. Great teachers, and school community!

Please advocate for your child if he or she has an IEP. If you do, you might make enemies here! We're so disappointed !!!!

Excellent school atmosphere for the students. The classrooms are well equipped, teachers are very well qualified and do a great job of caring for the students. The classes excel in their accomplishments and the parent involvement really shows. I've never seen an elementary school with such good parent involvement. Glad we moved here and currently have one child in 1st grade.

Painted Sky has the best kindergarten teachers in the world! My child's teacher is so talented. I can't believe how far my daughter has come this year. They hatched chicken eggs and butterflies this year and my daughter can't stop writing about how much she learned! She is reading and writing well beyond the kindergarten level. Full-day kindergarten is so worth the investment!! My daughter's teacher is very nurturing, but firm and structured. Her professional approach really pushes the children academically. Parents talk all the time about how well prepared for first grade the kindergartners are. My daughter's teacher has been a dedicated, hard-working supporter of Painted Sky for more than ten years and parents just love and appreciate her. This year has been our first at Painted Sky, and we are so looking forward to future of our three girls here.

So happy at Painted Sky - LOVE all the teachers and support staff. We are thriving in spite of the cuts and the low priority education seems to have in AZ. Parents are wonderful and very involved, kids are great - a very good school.

This school is way to small, too many rich kid snobs, and the teachers go against the code of conduct.

I think the staff in the front office are great, they are so friendly and very helpful. However the classes are way overcrowed and if your child is below the standard learning curve you better watch out because they are going to pass them bye. Its really sad. Also if you do have a child with an IEP watch out because this school does nothing to work with those kids. They say they are doing things to help that child but its obvious that they just don't have enough time to deal with kids with special needs. I think the teachers do care about the kids but some of them just seem a bit overwelmed with there class sizes. They really need to look at the class sizes and figure out a plan to reduce those class sizes so that our children have a real chance at a good education.

I have two sons that attend Painted Sky and we love it. The teachers are fabulous and the leadership is remarkable. Parent participation is encourage and welcome. The only negative I have is the school food but isn't that a problem everywhere.

In five years, my child did not have actually a good teacher. Try to talk to/ ask questions a teacher and they will be offended easily and ingnore you or get really bias with the child at the best. Front office staff is there, but just to gossip. They are good at one thing: asking for money.

Last modified Painted Sky Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.