PK-5 & Ungraded
Tucson, AZ

Posted May 10, 2014
Please advocate for your child if he or she has an IEP. If you do, you might make enemies here! We're so disappointed !!!!

Posted August 14, 2012
Excellent school atmosphere for the students. The classrooms are well equipped, teachers are very well qualified and do a great job of caring for the students. The classes excel in their accomplishments and the parent involvement really shows. I've never seen an elementary school with such good parent involvement. Glad we moved here and currently have one child in 1st grade.

Posted May 07, 2011
Painted Sky has the best kindergarten teachers in the world! My child's teacher is so talented. I can't believe how far my daughter has come this year. They hatched chicken eggs and butterflies this year and my daughter can't stop writing about how much she learned! She is reading and writing well beyond the kindergarten level. Full-day kindergarten is so worth the investment!! My daughter's teacher is very nurturing, but firm and structured. Her professional approach really pushes the children academically. Parents talk all the time about how well prepared for first grade the kindergartners are. My daughter's teacher has been a dedicated, hard-working supporter of Painted Sky for more than ten years and parents just love and appreciate her. This year has been our first at Painted Sky, and we are so looking forward to future of our three girls here.

Painted Sky Elementary School 2

Posted February 08, 2011
Our first year there was great. This year, however, has been very different. There have been far too many changes for young children to go through in one year (changing classroom formats- all grades- midway through year, report cards changing every semester, forming new classes halfway through the year and pulling kids out of established rooms to make them, etc.) . Also, there has been little communication from the school about things that are happening that concern families. It is frustrating as a parent to not be informed and to have to search for the information. One bright spot are the teachers. They are doing the best they can with what they have been given.

Posted September 30, 2010
So happy at Painted Sky - LOVE all the teachers and support staff. We are thriving in spite of the cuts and the low priority education seems to have in AZ. Parents are wonderful and very involved, kids are great - a very good school.

Posted April 13, 2010
This school is way to small, too many rich kid snobs, and the teachers go against the code of conduct.

Painted Sky Elementary School 3

Posted February 08, 2010
I think the staff in the front office are great, they are so friendly and very helpful. However the classes are way overcrowed and if your child is below the standard learning curve you better watch out because they are going to pass them bye. Its really sad. Also if you do have a child with an IEP watch out because this school does nothing to work with those kids. They say they are doing things to help that child but its obvious that they just don't have enough time to deal with kids with special needs. I think the teachers do care about the kids but some of them just seem a bit overwelmed with there class sizes. They really need to look at the class sizes and figure out a plan to reduce those class sizes so that our children have a real chance at a good education.

Posted November 05, 2009
I have two sons that attend Painted Sky and we love it. The teachers are fabulous and the leadership is remarkable. Parent participation is encourage and welcome. The only negative I have is the school food but isn't that a problem everywhere.

Painted Sky Elementary School
12620 N. Woodburne Ave., Tucson, AZ  85755
Last modified Painted Sky Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Painted Sky Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 37 reviews. Top