Bad
Good

I went to a tusd school for two years and found that I lacked what everyone else seemed to have. confidence , intelligence , the ability to walk about a hall way and feel safe , everything in public schools led me to trouble and discomfort. I started compass this year as a junior and I'm here to say I wish my parents made the decision of letting me go there my freshman year. I lost credits I ruined my life , my reputation at the public school. when I came to compass everything changed. How I felt socially , my confidence , my academic performance (my grades) over all everything changed in a good way. I now am growing up thanks to compass. I think the only complain I have is the ladies at the front desk since I've been going there I notice they are the only thing that is unwelcoming about the school. (one in particular) and they lack knowledge about serious things they blow you off when something is important and difficult to deal with. I think compass is an awesome school for troubled young adults I just wish that some of the staff would try a little harder when I comes to keeping track of credits and such tings that are important. I recommend anyone who is struggling getting passed those four years of hell to go to compass. High school isn't easy I've experienced it in two different ways and can say that sometimes taking the easy way out isn't a bold nor noble choice but a smart one

This place is atrocious, high turnover of staff, poor supervision of students. Directors/ admins that are all related. Too much emphasis put on lab classes for making up credits. Great concept for a charter school, extremely poor execution.

Went from being overwhelmed with pointless homework, to being overwhelmed with all the options of different cool class offerings! I wanted to do them all! I had no idea that one school can have such a variety of different hands on classes... Go tour the campus and see for yourself!

Compass High School has always been dedicated to its students. They go above and beyond every day to reach kids that may have been lost along the way in a traditional setting. There are so many choices that can engage the students, not only to stay in school, but to learn outside the box and enjoy being in class again. The meaningful relationships that form every year between the staff and the students are remarkable and have clearly made a positive difference At the end of the day, the school is doing the very best they can to give the students the valuable skills they need to go to the next level of education or to enter the work force. Compass is a safe positive environment that if a student wants to succeed they have every opportunity to do just that.

This school is definitely... Different. I visited Compass for the first time in Oct. 2009 my sophomore year and let me tell you I was surprised. I've never heard of (let alone seen) a charter school before in my life. I was skeptic for back then it was just a renovated shopping center with teachers and I didn't know exactly what to think of it. After three short years and graduating from there however I can honestly say that it might not be up to par with conventional high school professionalism and there ideas of learning and teaching environments, but Compass has hit the nail on the head when it comes to understanding students and what's best for their learning needs and truly understand that textbook learning isn't for the majority anymore and that hands on application and personal interest is where learning becomes natural, easy and most importantly FUN! Here they be sure of hiring only those who truly care for students progression and takes a personal interest in them individually. I owe Compass A LOT for where I am today and would recommend this school to anyone who's tired of boring conventional schools that only look at students as their income. Discover Your Potential!!!

This is not a school for a student to get an education. It is quite the joke! My son said he watched movies in his classes. his math work looked like it came from 4th grade. Kids were not monitored accurately and they hang out across the street during school hours instead of being in class. I do not think the teachers are even certified. The admin is also quite rude. We decided to put him back in TUSD with a professional staff.

My son was a senior with less than freshman level credits when he started attending this school. The atmosphere was not only one where hands on learning is used but because of the sizes of the classes more one on one help is available. The teachers are more relaxed on strict rules and allow students more room for free thinking and expression however the level of commitment not only to educating but helping to build the students confidence and self-worth is immeasurable. I have no doubt that my son would have dropped out if he had not started attending this school. I'm grateful for the alternative learning that has allowed my son to obtain his diploma and motivate him to reach for higher goals.

A lot of the teachers where really nice but they seemed to trade for new ones every year. It was really sad, it seemed like the teachers got less and less qualified. Their science teacher actually had the students make rockets and volcano's (Fifth grade stuff) And there were some very controversial incidence with students being kicked out or left out of trips. When I went to this school the only reason students liked this school was because they had to do little to no work and were allowed to goof off all day. The school was a joke then and I'm sure it still is today. I don't know anyone that actually graduated from here. I sure wasn't able to, they gave me the wrong math credits. I think a diploma from here would be worthless anyway. Got my GED instead. Parents really shouldn't send their kids here...

Graduation Ceremony was so beautiful. You can tell how much you all care for our kids. I'm so proud of my daughter for picking this wonderful school to graduate from. Thank you so much!

honestly, i have never been the type to get excited to go to school. i now am. this school offers so much for it's students. the teacher's are so easy to get along with and they don't treat youlike they are smarter or better then you. i love this school for showwing me all of my hidden talents.

Last modified Compass High School is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.