Posted May 18, 2015
It is clear that parents would like to provide their children with the best education. Sonoran Science Academy is a nationally high ranking school and it ranked as the 6th in the state. Having said that it is still not possible to please every student and their parents. Once some of their wishes or demands are not accepted by teachers or administration, they start complaining about it. Having some parents write imaginary sentences to the school review does not change the reality. Sonoran Science Academy is still ranking as one of the best schools in the state and nation. I am glad my son and daughter are students at Sonoran Science Academy. My elder daughter graduated from SSA last year.

Sonoran Science Academy - Tucson 1

Posted May 16, 2015
Let me start off by saying that 5 years ago, I would have given this school a 4 star rating. Recently however, SSA has been drastically declining in terms of education and has just about hit rock bottom this year. This place is so bad. The members of the staff are begging parents to log onto this site and write positive reviews. I've been pestered over and over again to get on here and write a positive review; but there's nothing good to report. The school is bribing students with free dress days if they refer their friends to this school because so many students are leaving. Funny, because I remember a point when SSA had it's head up so high-it was wait-listing students because of the institution's high academic standards. Now it's begging for enrollment. The school is incredibly disorganized. When the staff makes a mistake, they're quick to point fingers instead of handling the matter in a mature way. You just don't know who to trust or who to turn to. There are some wonderful teachers at SSA, but the negatives outnumber the positives I'm afraid. I will be placing my children in a public school next year.

Sonoran Science Academy - Tucson 1

Posted May 14, 2015
This school is a joke. The staff and teachers are incredibly crummy. One of my son's teachers gave him an A in the class because she claimed that she "didn't know how to teach the class". The school claims that this teacher has a doctors degree too...I think not! The teachers are lazy and don't have the students best interest in mind. There's a horrible lack of communication between the teachers and the parents. I get no emails about anything; not the school's activities not updates or notices of changes. There are no letters sent home about anything. Nothing is organized. I wouldn't trust this school with my children. Would rate zero stars if I could.

Posted March 12, 2015
My child has been attending SSA for three years and all I can say is that this school has been an inspiration for my child to reach his goals and to keep trying. Now my child has learned and taken interests in subjects he never took interest before in. Overall, SSA is a great school I would recommend it to anybody.

Sonoran Science Academy - Tucson 4

Posted March 11, 2015
My experience at Sonoran school was great! This school is safe, nurturing, diverse and has great teachers and staff. I have a daughter who graduated from the school 3 years ago, a senior son who will graduate this May and my youngest will attend this fall. I like to mention that the teachers at the school is very encouraging, they push the kids to reach their potential. The best thing that I like about this school is that the parents get to involve in every aspect of their kids education.

Posted March 08, 2015
It's a great school for every kid with an exceptional education values and lots of other stuff

Posted March 04, 2015
This is our second year at Sonoran Science Academy. We've been very happy with this school. This school is extremely challenging and the majority of the teachers are highly qualified and very good. They have very high standards which most students will rise to. We have found the administration and the teachers very supportive and receptive to parental input. The teachers try to make their subjects exciting and interesting, and while my child does not enjoy the sometimes heavy homework load, he is always happy and excited about what he learned in class. The other wonderful thing about this school is that it has a very open and accepting atmosphere. There are students from all different ethnic backgrounds and walks of life at this school and there is a general feeling of tolerance and respect among staff and students. Included in the curriculum is a class called "Character Education" which teaches students (basically) how to be decent humans. It deals with bullying, how to work in groups, how to solve interpersonal problems, how to handle strong emotions, etc. ALL schools should teach that!

Posted February 28, 2015
My daughter has been at SSA for 6 years, and she enjoys going to school and takes her academic work seriously. The teachers at this school are so involved and dedicated. They take the time and make sure your child gets the help they need. They may be stricter than most schools but I think it teaches our children discipline and structure, gets them prepared for the college and real world. Many thanks to a great team of educators. If you want education to be the focus send your scholars here.

Posted February 27, 2015
As the parent of one of the students here, I can say with complete confidence that this is a school with a great environment and is full of teachers that encourage students to reach their full potential. I believe Sonoran Science Academy does a superb job at preparing its students for college. If you are a parent, please consider visiting this school to invest in the future of your children's education.

Posted February 17, 2015
Sonoran Science Academy-Tucson provides exceptional education to its students. It not only provides most rigorous STEAM programs but also accommodates all types of learners. Skill based grouping helps challenge every child at their own level. With around 20 AP classes, Foreign Languages, Dual Enrollment College credit opportunities, Science, Technology, Engineering and Math Focus, small class size and over 35 extracurricular after school clubs including competitive athletics programs, SSA-T provides well rounded education. It is best experience for your students.

Sonoran Science Academy - Tucson
2325 W Sunset Rd, Tucson, AZ  85741
Last modified Sonoran Science Academy - Tucson is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sonoran Science Academy - Tucson Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 145 reviews. Top