Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Posted August 24, 2015
This is a great school, they have a great principal and great teachers. We moved over to this school after two years of disappointment with the city's district. So far this year they have more than lived up to our expectations.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted August 24, 2015
The school has a very strong academic policy that they strive to live up to.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted August 24, 2015
The school stresses good character from the principal, to the ladies in the front office and the teachers.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted August 24, 2015
I think they are much more effective the the school we had our kids at for the last two years.

Posted February 01, 2015
The Academy of Tucson Middle School is one of the better middle schools in the state, as is ALL of the Academy of Tucson Schools. This can be seen by how the middle school consistantly earns awards and is rated by Arizona, this website and others like it. What is also true is the school does have very high academic and behavior standards. We think they have a great principal (Mr. Speda) and teaching staff. Since we have been associated with this school we been very happy with the progress of our kids. I have read some of the other reviews and they do not describe the school, the principal, or the teachers we know. We live just blocks away from the school, if these reviewers do not like the location of the school being on the Eastside of Tucson, go to a school on the South or Northside. You will not find a better school there.

Academy Of Tucson Middle School 1

Posted January 28, 2015
Since this school ask that my previous post be taken down because it exposed the truth of their dirt, I will rephrase the truth in another way. At this school, my son was mistreated by two teachers because of his weight and race. One of them admitted to me and several others during a meeting that she mistreated him, bullied him, picked on him and isolated him; the other blamed him for her poor actions of her throwing his papers on the ground and making him pick them up humiliating him constantly in front of the other students for no reason. I'm glad I removed him from that school and I would never recommend that school to anyone!!! These teachers are not held accountable but the blame is typically placed on the parents and students only.

Posted January 24, 2015
I wish more parents would write in and share their good experiences since sites like this mostly generate the bad. I am a parent and had my child go to the Academy of Tucson Schools. My son absolutely loved it and flourished! The Academy schools are fantastic and continue to earn high ratings - not only among parents and students, but also among the state. I have never seen any teacher be mean, or cruel, to students in the 10 years in which I have been associated with the school. The students are also more welcoming than any other school we have ever experienced (being a military family we have moved a lot). I also have had no problem helping at the school whether in the classroom, or any other area that I was needed or willing. What I can say, is that there are parents that don't like their student/s being held accountable. Accountability is a life long lesson and the Academy of Tucson does a great job at teaching our children just how important it is. I have found that most of the parents that are disgruntled with the Academy of Tucson schools, have this issue.

Posted September 28, 2014
I have two girls at the school and they just love it . They have a lot of activitys for the children and a great staff.The principal is very involved with all aspects of the school.As a parent I have been very happy with the school's comunication between theachers and parants

Posted August 22, 2014
This school is amazing! There are many activities like sports or yearbook club. Most parents are saying they are upset about no P.E. Well the 2014-2015 school year now has a P.E. teacher. Mr Kelleman is awesome too. There is also a new office helper rather than Mrs. Whitby which is Mrs. Thorns.. Also we have google chrome books now and each student has their own email. We use the chrome books for typing or researching.In my opinion Mr. Moore, Mrs. Creenan, and Mrs. Bujedo are the best. Some sports are volleyball, flag football, soccer, softball, and boys and girls basketball. I am in 8th grade and very happy here. Also most parents complain about the small school but it isn't our fault. We used to be where Emily gray is. Emily gray thought the school was worn down so we bought it from them. Back then they had swamp cooling and it was falling apart and they fixed it up. Later emily gray came in the middle of the night and decided they liked the way we fixed it so they bought it back. They gave us 1 YEAR to get out so we did. By March we finally found this location which was decent. We fixed it up and wasted all that money. So don't compain to us because we barely had any time at all

Posted July 24, 2014
Academy of Tucson is the best school I have ever gone to. The care about my education, the make everything fun, but still educational, we have great people to associate, we were given Chrome books to use in classes, for a day. It is just fun for any one who cares about there education. Mr. Speta is very clear with the guide lines, which makes it even better, so we know we are all treated equal. The teachers are always out to help, and amazing. They come up with the best field trips, 5th grade goes to Mount Lemon, 6th grade has gone to Sea World Or the Aquarium in Phoenix, 7th grade does to fort lone tree, And 8th grade goes to Disney land and 8th grade picnic.(in the past).

7310 East 22nd St, Tucson, AZ  85710
Last modified Academy Of Tucson Middle School is a Charter school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.