Public charter
Tucson, AZ

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted July 24, 2015
How can a school that shows no compassion for the families effected by their last minute careless enrollment process teach any children to show these skills

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted July 24, 2015
I am extremely Upset with the La Paloma Academies at this Moment. My son has performed beyond his expectations since he started preschool two years ago. He received a recommendation to go to La Paloma and at that time the 2015-2016 Student handbook was not out. We enrolled our son in the central location, received all of the letters over the past month about what to buy him for school. We Withdrew him from preschool so he could start kindergarten next Thursday and TODAY I received a call that he cannot attend the school because his birthday doesn't make the cut off!. This year apparently the birth-date cute off was changed in in the student handbook to September 30th instead of the October 31st it was in years prior. And even though the handbook wasnt available until after we had already gone through the process of enrollment the school refuses to even discuss this issue it has created. After enrolling our son and getting everything setup at La Paloma, we cancelled scheduled Early-Kinder Testing dates at the other school districts because they were not needed since he was enrolled. So now WE MISSED ANY OPPORTUNITY OF ENROLLING OUR SON IN OTHER SCHOOLS FOR KINDERGARTEN THIS YEAR, his spot at his preschool has been filled so we have to scramble to find another preschool to enroll him in by next week and our son is upset because he was so excited to start school at La Paloma. This has been a horrible experience and apparently the principle at The Central Campus cannot take the time to speak to us regarding this. Many family members have boasted about this school in the past but after this experience, and the lack off communication on the schools behalf between Staff and us as he parent I would not recommend this school to any other parents as they completely disregard the effects their last minute decisions effect the families of potential students. Thank you So much La Paloma for this incredibly horrible experience

Posted May 07, 2015
My son goes to La Paloma South and the staff there is very unprofessional. The assistant principal actually laughed at me when I called her about a concern about my son and another staff member. I feel that the staff does pick on my son for every little thing.

Posted August 15, 2014
This school is one of the best! I have worked here for years and I have seen the school improve so much. Teachers work hard and parents step in to work with them. The principal and vice principal are great with students, teachers, and parents. This year I can't believe how many parents have volunteered to help out! Also several teachers have gone above and beyond to make sure that each student is getting a great education. This "B" school is now working to become an "A"! I'm so proud of everyone!

Posted August 13, 2014
My daughter graduated 8th grade from there last year and my son is in 2nd. I couldn't ask for a better environment for my kids. The school does a lot of family events and the before and after school program is great. I appreciate the principal and the teachers and how hard they work. I transferred my daughter over from a public school and she was at La Paloma 5th-8th. Best place for my family and really prepared my daughter for highschool.

Posted July 31, 2014
I love the school, the teachers, and everyone there. The principal goes above and beyond to make sure kids are happy and learning. The free before and after school program is so great for the parents. They really care and we are so committed to La Paloma.

La Paloma Academy 2

Posted May 09, 2013
I've found this schoo lis only going downhill.My son complains about being bullied and other children get bullied but nothing is done about it.The biggest bully he has had this year is the school founders son! He had a rock thrown at this face, it caused a red mark on his cheek right under the eye. Punishment for the bully, to pick up trash.Had a student spit on his backpack and throw it down right in front of him, nothing done about that even when reported to the monitor by him and the office by me.I even had the spit covered back pack in my hands.He has had two backpacks stolen this year and countless jackets, pens, pencils, markers, I bought a lockable pencil box and someone stole the key from his desk so it was locked shut.His 3DS was in his backpack.The pack showed up a few days later but no game system.Did the school attempt to help at all, ask students do anything not one bit.His fault for taking it to school in the first place but at least pretend to care.The principal does get back to you same day when bullying is reported by a parent but the problems just don't seem to be improving.I won't be taking him back next year.
3 people found this helpful

Posted March 22, 2013
I worked there for one year-thank heavens not a minute more! The quality of education is very poor as it realtes to technology and textbooks, and the arts. Books are more than 25 years old, I had worn out whiteboards that were scratched and unusable. There was no music and the art class was once a week when the Teacher showed up (no admin action). There is a TON of 'nepotism' within the Arizona Community Schools (official charter name)The Administrators add more 30 students per class packing them in like sardines. DO NOT send your child there. When there is choice choose an A+ school like Vail district-there is no need to have your child suffer. By the way, I do not work for Vail. Do you homework there are lawsuits in Phoenix and Tucson against this Charter.

Posted November 07, 2012
La Paloma Academy Central has been a blessing for me and my children. They have excelled and grown both socially and academically since they have attended this school. With their recent additions in their sports programs to include 4th- 8th grades and addition of tackle football for junior high it has made this educational setting well rounded and solid compared to any other public school setting in our community. Great Job.. Keep it up.

2050 N. Wilmot Road, Tucson, AZ  85712
Last modified La Paloma Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
La Paloma Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 66 reviews. Top