Public charter
Tucson, AZ
Before care: Yes

Posted August 15, 2014
This school is one of the best! I have worked here for years and I have seen the school improve so much. Teachers work hard and parents step in to work with them. The principal and vice principal are great with students, teachers, and parents. This year I can't believe how many parents have volunteered to help out! Also several teachers have gone above and beyond to make sure that each student is getting a great education. This "B" school is now working to become an "A"! I'm so proud of everyone!

Posted August 13, 2014
My daughter graduated 8th grade from there last year and my son is in 2nd. I couldn't ask for a better environment for my kids. The school does a lot of family events and the before and after school program is great. I appreciate the principal and the teachers and how hard they work. I transferred my daughter over from a public school and she was at La Paloma 5th-8th. Best place for my family and really prepared my daughter for highschool.

Posted July 31, 2014
I love the school, the teachers, and everyone there. The principal goes above and beyond to make sure kids are happy and learning. The free before and after school program is so great for the parents. They really care and we are so committed to La Paloma.

La Paloma Academy 2

Posted May 09, 2013
I've found this schoo lis only going downhill.My son complains about being bullied and other children get bullied but nothing is done about it.The biggest bully he has had this year is the school founders son! He had a rock thrown at this face, it caused a red mark on his cheek right under the eye. Punishment for the bully, to pick up trash.Had a student spit on his backpack and throw it down right in front of him, nothing done about that even when reported to the monitor by him and the office by me.I even had the spit covered back pack in my hands.He has had two backpacks stolen this year and countless jackets, pens, pencils, markers, I bought a lockable pencil box and someone stole the key from his desk so it was locked shut.His 3DS was in his backpack.The pack showed up a few days later but no game system.Did the school attempt to help at all, ask students do anything not one bit.His fault for taking it to school in the first place but at least pretend to care.The principal does get back to you same day when bullying is reported by a parent but the problems just don't seem to be improving.I won't be taking him back next year.

Posted November 07, 2012
La Paloma Academy Central has been a blessing for me and my children. They have excelled and grown both socially and academically since they have attended this school. With their recent additions in their sports programs to include 4th- 8th grades and addition of tackle football for junior high it has made this educational setting well rounded and solid compared to any other public school setting in our community. Great Job.. Keep it up.

La Paloma Academy 4

Posted October 31, 2012
La Paloma Academy is a caring and supportive environment for students in grades K-8. Every day caring and dedicated teachers are working hard to ensure students academic success. Students are encouraged to dream big and to work to their full potential, so they can achieve their dreams. Mrs. Sullivan

Posted October 30, 2012
La Paloma Academy's staff is professional, highly qualified, and strives for academic excellence. Incredible improvements have been made over the past few years! Leadership is strong and it resonates through the teachers and onto the students.

Posted October 29, 2012
Thank you for the amazing Harvest Fest. We brought our entire family and they had so much fun. Its fun to see all the teachers and administrators out there working. Food was great. Our kids had so much fun, thank you. I thank you for everything you do above and beyond the normal school stuff, makes us really feel like we belong. I have two kids there and our youngest will be there in a year, they love their teachers. Thank you to Mr. Williams, the coach, for doing an outstanding job with the sports. My son is on the tackle football team and they are going to the championship game!!!!! I cant say enough good things about this school. Keep up the good work Mr. Rubasch and Mr. Ewald and everyone else there that makes this a great place to be.

Posted October 29, 2012
This is my first year teaching at La Paloma-Lakeside and I am enjoying the school, the students and staff tremendously. It is an excellent working environment and I do enjoy working with the students on a daily basis. The staff have been very helpful. La Paloma is a great school and a school that is good for the community.

La Paloma Academy 4

Posted October 29, 2012
This is my first year teaching at La Paloma/Lakeside, but not my first year teaching and I find the school run by three amazingly capable, caring, courteous, creative, and professional on site administrators. Their strong leadership is the bedrock foundation of what makes LaPaloma/Laskeside a great school.

La Paloma Academy
2050 N. Wilmot Road, Tucson, AZ  85712
Last modified La Paloma Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
La Paloma Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 57 reviews. Top