Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Amount of homework: Disagree

My son finish his homework for the week in 1 day. Although it's 2 pages a day to complete until friday. But it's easy that he finished everything in less than 30mins.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The principal is fair and has kept to his words. He's well involved. Teachers are awesome

Great school. Amazing teachers. Happy parent. My only problem is too many kids to 1 teacher. The principal is very involved. Well behaved kids. Parents are uptight they can't even say hello or smile. Over all a great school.

I'm looking into different schools in the area for my kids, unfortunately. The district is letting great teachers go and keeping some of the tenored teachers who don't want to be there anyway. There are a couple of wonderful teachers in the kinder & 1st grade that will be staying but that doesn't help my older children. The current principal has high hopes and grand ambitions for the next few years. Unfortunately the PTA and Staff have decided that cultured activities, rodeo dance and sock hops aren't needed. :( I will still look into other schools!

I helped out at that school for years and I will tell you the adults that work there dont want and dont make you feel comfortable at all some good teachers but to many kids in a class and now they are letting some go and thats the good teachers.I am very happy to say my daughters will not be there next year.I beleave it should be torn down and moved to another location, with all new employees with proper training it could inprove but that wont happen those people are like high school girls in there own click some parents are worst than the kids.

I was very disappointment with and the lack of leadership. My children were there since kindergarden and finally had it this year. I pulled them out after two years of trying to work with them. There are some good teachers there but there also some not so good ones. The classes are very crowded. 28 students to one teacher in the second grade. To many 'bullies' and rude parents. I hope things turn around. But I won't be there or my kids to weather the storm.

My daughter is in the 4th grade and has attended Banks since Kinder. I am very happy with this school and all the employees. What the school needs is more parent involvment. At the band concert, one of the 5th grade classes only had eight children show up. How sad for the other children that had to do this themselves. Where was the parent involvment to make sure there children got there.

Most of the teachers at Banks are friendly and care about their students. There are however several teachers who are not happy teaching anymore and it is projected upon their students. There are wonderful exceptions to these teachers. If I could name these wonderful 3rd grade teachers I would. The school itself isn't very old. Unfortunately it has starting to go down hill. There does not appear to be any pride in their facility...The current principal does not reinforce student ownership as the previous principal did.

We are very pleased with the experience that our child has received for his schooling. We feel very comfortable with the communication from the teachers, the school, and the safety. We are pleased all around with Banks...Outstanding Job!

Last modified Laura N. Banks Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.