Public charter
Tucson, AZ

Posted October 05, 2014
I'm sure a lot of these reviews are fake. This school had so much potential and wonderful teachers. The founder is a terrible leader. She is rude and runs teachers off left and right. She doesn't care about the parents. My two kids attended two years there. She never gave me the time of day whether I was voicing a concern or a compliment. I know many other parents who sent there kids there and many of the former teachers and have never heard a nice word about the administration. Why can't this school keep teachers? Because they are treated so poorly by the founder.

Posted April 29, 2014
Oh My! Air and Space Academy is perfect. The founder is back and she is so knowledgeable about education and what an awesome leader she is. The school is back to the way it was before she left. My child has been here since first grade. The new shirts, planners, teachers, playground are Truly Remarkable! The new common core curriculum is challenging and my kids love the Aero Space theme. The new math, science, reading and language programs are engaging, fun and just tremendous! The teachers are amazing. The office staff is amazing! Aviation and robotics instruction is lots of fun for the students. If you want a great education for your children - this is the school. My children love getting up every morning and going to school. What a pleasure to be in this learning environment. The music teacher is really cool. WOW!!! Class size still at 18 per class very good. Computers in every classroom for easy student access and learning. Great calendar with half days on every other Friday. After school activities for less than a dollar a day. We are all in the positive plus ZONE!!! So glad the founder is back with us this year. Thank you!

Posted October 21, 2013
What a great place. Just in the short time my daughter has been enrolled she has learned so much. She surpises me everyday with something new. The teachers and staff are all on the same page and work fantastic together. Office runs smoothly, Couldnt ask for anything more for my child. Recommend!!!!!!!!

Posted September 23, 2012
What a wonderful school year. The founder / principal this year is a fabulous educational leader and my children are working far above grade level. The vocabulary studies, math and aviation studies are just so engaging for my children. Thank you to this school and to the founder / administrator for transforming our learning experience into a life long gain in education for my children. There is NO teacher turn over this year. The whole school is happy and working together as a strong team. The students are very well mannered and love the PE and Music teachers. Band is great. Book Fair was lots of fun last week. Thank you to the dedicated parent volunteers. Leadership change School transformation. Excellent!

Posted August 18, 2012
Wow. I'm not sure where this misinformation is coming from. My son graduated from there and got a 4.0 his freshman year in highschool, while taking two sophomore level classes. The most teachers I have seen in teaching a class through last year was three (my daughter's class) : the initial one left on maternity, the second had to move back to Phoenix for a family emergency, and the third finished the year. All I can figure is that some of the people on this site are going with the sour-grapes approach, or have an axe to grind. It's a great school, and one I would not hesitate to recommend. Generally, the only kids who have problems are the ones who have parents that aren't involved. This is a school, not a day care facility. If all you are looking for is someplace to drop off you kids, look elsewhere.

Posted July 17, 2012
I have been a parent of a student at Lifelong Learning Academy since my child was in kindergarten. The founder is going to be the principal of the school during the 2012-2013 school year. During her three year sabbatical, other certified principals ran the school according to their leadership styles. The students at Lifelong Learning Academy receive band instruction, the very highest reading and writing instruction that I have ever seen, classes in aviation (one of our students was selected to be featured in a museum for the airplane she made last year), math, and science. Ask for one of the Soaring Sky Hawks to be sent to you. Go to the website and see all the programs students have excelled in while attending this school. I do not know where this other negative information is coming from unless public school competitors are posting it. Parents are very happy that the founder of the school is returning next year and the school has wonderful teachers. Come in and see for yourself. Meet the teachers.

Posted June 29, 2012
This is a horrible school. They have no set curriculum for anyone even though the principal kept saying there was a great one. In the 2011-2012 school year one classroom had 10 different teachers. They rely on computers to "entertain the children" while the teachers are forced to do the bidding of the administration. This is to say nothing that the children are forced to eat lunch outside, regardless of temperature. The bathrooms are falling apart and the computer equiptment is sub par. Don't waste your children's "lifelong learning" goals here. Send them to a public school where they can get the attention they need. The parents i met with children there only complained.

Posted April 12, 2012
Lifelong Learning Academy is an excellent school with very dedicated teachers. The instructional technology use to streamline student learning is the best that I have ever seen. Lifelong Learning Academy is a small school and every child is welcomed as part of a big family.

Posted March 28, 2012
My kids have been going here for the past four years, but will not be coming back this next school year. This school has gone so far down hill. My son is in third grade this year and is currently on his 9th teacher just this year! Nine different teachers.....that's ridiculous. They have had a huge turnover in teachers. I think it may be the owner. They no longer have a PE or music teacher. There's no stability. The only good thing is the small class size, which is due to everyone taking their kids out of the school!

Posted March 14, 2012
The founder is a wonderful person with six schools under her direction including preschools. All very successful schools for children and their families. The school facilities are very high tech with a computer for every student, individualized learning plans for every student, at home computer programs for instruction, formal survey communications with parents twice a month, and much more. Focus on what the school does for children not the groups battling for their leaders! Ask about the reading curriculum. Ask about the math program. Ask about the writing materials. Ask if the students are happy!!! Come meet the principal.

Air and Space Academy North
3295 W. Orange Grove, Tucson, AZ  85741
Last modified Air and Space Academy North is a Charter school that serves grades K-8
Air and Space Academy North Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 37 reviews. Top