Bad
Good

Mary Lou klem is the worst founder I have ever seen in a school she under pays employees. She also ignores phone calls, email about complaints from parent. She does not do get job at all and doesn't care about the children I believe she only cares about her self. I am still surprised the schools sarehe owns are still in business and I believe the only reason for that is because she does have some staff that truly care for the children's safty and the parent trust them. I wouldn't trust Mary Lou with my life or my children's life.

Wonderful school - Ms Klem is an amazing leader and her staff is excellent. We loved Ms. VanOlphen for 2nd to 3rd grade. Great school with small class sizes.

I'm sure a lot of these reviews are fake. This school had so much potential and wonderful teachers. The founder is a terrible leader. She is rude and runs teachers off left and right. She doesn't care about the parents. My two kids attended two years there. She never gave me the time of day whether I was voicing a concern or a compliment. I know many other parents who sent there kids there and many of the former teachers and have never heard a nice word about the administration. Why can't this school keep teachers? Because they are treated so poorly by the founder.

Oh My! Air and Space Academy is perfect. The founder is back and she is so knowledgeable about education and what an awesome leader she is. The school is back to the way it was before she left. My child has been here since first grade. The new shirts, planners, teachers, playground are Truly Remarkable! The new common core curriculum is challenging. The new math, science, reading and language programs are engaging, fun and just tremendous for our kids! The teachers are amazing. The office staff is amazing! Aviation and robotics instruction is lots of fun for the students. My children love getting up every morning and going to school. What a pleasure to be in this learning environment. The music teacher is really cool. WOW!!! Class size still at 18 per class very good. Computers in every classroom for easy student access and learning. Great calendar with half days on every other Friday. After school activities for less than a dollar a day. We are all in the positive plus ZONE!!! So glad the founder of this school IS BACK. Thank you!

Oh My! Air and Space Academy is perfect. The founder is back and she is so knowledgeable about education and what an awesome leader she is. The school is back to the way it was before she left. My child has been here since first grade. The new shirts, planners, teachers, playground are Truly Remarkable! The new common core curriculum is challenging and my kids love the Aero Space theme. The new math, science, reading and language programs are engaging, fun and just tremendous! The teachers are amazing. The office staff is amazing! Aviation and robotics instruction is lots of fun for the students. If you want a great education for your children - this is the school. My children love getting up every morning and going to school. What a pleasure to be in this learning environment. The music teacher is really cool. WOW!!! Class size still at 18 per class very good. Computers in every classroom for easy student access and learning. Great calendar with half days on every other Friday. After school activities for less than a dollar a day. We are all in the positive plus ZONE!!! So glad the founder is back with us this year. Thank you!

What a great place. Just in the short time my daughter has been enrolled she has learned so much. She surpises me everyday with something new. The teachers and staff are all on the same page and work fantastic together. Office runs smoothly, Couldnt ask for anything more for my child. Recommend!!!!!!!!

What a wonderful school year. The founder / principal this year is a fabulous educational leader and my children are working far above grade level. The vocabulary studies, math and aviation studies are just so engaging for my children. Thank you to this school and to the founder / administrator for transforming our learning experience into a life long gain in education for my children. There is NO teacher turn over this year. The whole school is happy and working together as a strong team. The students are very well mannered and love the PE and Music teachers. Band is great. Book Fair was lots of fun last week. Thank you to the dedicated parent volunteers. Leadership change School transformation. Excellent!

Wow. I'm not sure where this misinformation is coming from. My son graduated from there and got a 4.0 his freshman year in highschool, while taking two sophomore level classes. The most teachers I have seen in teaching a class through last year was three (my daughter's class) : the initial one left on maternity, the second had to move back to Phoenix for a family emergency, and the third finished the year. All I can figure is that some of the people on this site are going with the sour-grapes approach, or have an axe to grind. It's a great school, and one I would not hesitate to recommend. Generally, the only kids who have problems are the ones who have parents that aren't involved. This is a school, not a day care facility. If all you are looking for is someplace to drop off you kids, look elsewhere.

I have been a parent of a student at Lifelong Learning Academy since my child was in kindergarten. The founder is going to be the principal of the school during the 2012-2013 school year. During her three year sabbatical, other certified principals ran the school according to their leadership styles. The students at Lifelong Learning Academy receive band instruction, the very highest reading and writing instruction that I have ever seen, classes in aviation (one of our students was selected to be featured in a museum for the airplane she made last year), math, and science. Ask for one of the Soaring Sky Hawks to be sent to you. Go to the website and see all the programs students have excelled in while attending this school. I do not know where this other negative information is coming from unless public school competitors are posting it. Parents are very happy that the founder of the school is returning next year and the school has wonderful teachers. Come in and see for yourself. Meet the teachers.

This is a horrible school. They have no set curriculum for anyone even though the principal kept saying there was a great one. In the 2011-2012 school year one classroom had 10 different teachers. They rely on computers to "entertain the children" while the teachers are forced to do the bidding of the administration. This is to say nothing that the children are forced to eat lunch outside, regardless of temperature. The bathrooms are falling apart and the computer equiptment is sub par. Don't waste your children's "lifelong learning" goals here. Send them to a public school where they can get the attention they need. The parents i met with children there only complained.

Last modified Air and Space Academy North is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.