Posted September 02, 2014
So this the place I used to go to school at is one that I thought wasn't too bad. Well, Now I'm at a self paced school where teachers help you advance, and teach you all that is necessary to pass this years A.I.M.S. I visited their home page and remembered the stop in learning curriculum. I think this new school would work out better and I hope that they really do change for the future of their students. The math portion will consist of geometry and some algebra II. They need more than one math and english teacher there, so that groups can focus on going from algebra I for 9th and 10th to geometry, and the 11th and 12th graders can focus on Algebra II and trig. Because the test's they are using are for middle school A.I.M.S, the student's won't get the information they need. This school is behind. I've already got my 1/2 credit for the first half of the school year, and even I've come to a stop.

Posted August 17, 2013
We enrolled 2 of our children at the Midvale Campus for the 2013/14 school year and after just mere days of school, we are ready to pull our children from this horrible atmosphere. The classrooms were cramped and well over their stated 1:20 ratio. For my oldest, it was sink or swim from day one. After falling behind in trying to complete the ridiculous amount of work she was given, she asked her teacher for help and was berated. The entire class was then "talked to" about homework complaints and parents calling the school. She was left feeling stupid and afraid and had a total breakdown after a few days in this atmosphere. After trying to talk to the principal, things just got worse. She told me maybe a school setting wasn't appropriate for my daughter (although she maintained good grades at her previous school in another state). I feel this school wants to push my daughter out because they are afraid she might bring down their test scores and they were not willing to offer her any help or options to catch up. The principal seems be to grossly inadequate to handle any kind of situation or complaint and would often backtrack and change her story during conversations.

Posted July 28, 2013
We have had great success at this school! I love the Spanish and Chinese programs. The school has lots of events, almost every month. We appreciate the individualized attention. We give this school an A+

Posted July 17, 2013
TIA offers great educational and extracurricular activities that my children have become involved in! I am thrilled that my children are doing really well academically (AIMS!) and personally! I like knowing that my children are safe, learning, and with caring adults!

Posted June 08, 2013
Warning to parents and teachers: This organization is in major decline. It is purely a business operation lacking any compassion or concern for students parents or its employees. Students are seen as simply numbers to be maintained to get state funding. Parents are seen as irrelevant. Teachers are treated unprofessionally, not respected, and told what to do when by a controlling administration. The superintendant regularly goes through the school yelling at and demeaning students, parents and teachers. Students are shown no concern for their educational needs. They are fed a stagnant generic curriculum irrelevant to their future. TIA claims they are college prep but look at their test scores and the grade given by the state. They can claim only one graduate in the last ten years who attends community college (attends only). They claim an international focus and promise foreign travel to students parents and employees, but trips are cancelled without explanation. They claim they are a technology school but classrooms have no computers to do Internet based research or make use of Internet based innovative educational trends. So what is left is an irrelevant education.

Posted June 08, 2013
TIA fell apart at the end of this year. Everything at TIA is about how things look on the outside. There is no real conviction except for making a profit and keeping the state money coming in, and staying in business. Teachers are not respected and treated unprofessionally. A very high turnover rate at all campuses reflects how they are treated in a cold uncaring corporate atmosphere. Teachers are expected to follow all orders, do what they are told, with no room for input, innovation or suggestions. When TIA can not pay its bills and can not pay for substitute teachers due to poor business decisions all sick days are cancelled and you are fired if you call in sick. You are forbidden from working second jobs due to poor pay and you are forbidden to speak to some former employees or you will be fired. A very controlling, cold, compassionless work environment.There are many caring compassionate professionals coming through TIA, but they leave as soon as they can (often in mid-year) as reflected in high turnover rates. Those that are innovative, creative and compassionate do not fit in to the cold corporate model and leave are let go or are fired.

Posted May 13, 2013
Poor quality teachers. Combined to many grades and forget the kids that need extra help. Principal and staff will not expell a student even after he has exposed him self in school cause as it was stated to me they lose money. Bathrooms r always broken. Building so small and they want more kids there. They do not prepare for college or even the next grade. These school are very bad!!!!!!!!

Posted January 31, 2013
T.I.A EAST - The teaching at this school is o.k. but too many grades combined. Youll have to pack your kids lunch though because they serve them small portions so they can send the rest home with one of the parents.

Posted September 23, 2012
Our kids have been successful, safe, and happy at TIA! Our family believes TIA to be a quality school! Our kids have learned much more and have had a much better experience at TIA than at their previous school.

Posted September 20, 2012
My kids love Tucson International Academy! They feel safe and that their teachers care about them. They have been going here for years and don't want to be anywhere else.

Tucson International Academy
1230 East Broadway, Tucson, AZ  85745
Last modified Tucson International Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Tucson International Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 43 reviews. Top