Public charter
Tucson, AZ
Before care: Yes

Posted March 24, 2014
This school is by the worse school my child ever attended. We relocated him to another school and come to find out he had not learned anything. education is not their first priority. Because they are so busy make up for the lack of education with WONDERFUL!! field trips. Just check out the test scores on AMIS and other rest scores. Look at the Department of Education website at azed.gov then go under School Report Cards. This school was rated 1 out of 10. this is bad.But don't take my word. Parents educate yourself before putting your child in this school.

Posted January 13, 2014
This school has continued it's down ward spiral. My child has attended for a couple years, the education has become scarce. They have such a high turn over of teachers and students it might as well have a revolving door. The staff talks down to the students, I have heard on several occasions the staff belittling students and if their parent forgot to do something like bring their lunch or permission slip they will guilt the child over it - saying they need to remind their parents to do their job. They openly insult students. This has become such a poor environment for students. I feel so sorry for the students they talk down to & they have no problem grabbing students by the arm to get their attention. They just really don't care and have no accountability. So sad

Posted July 17, 2013
Do not let the friendly staff delude you, this school is awful. The atmosphere is unhealthy and the education given is poor. My children disliked this school so much they begged to be removed.

Posted June 20, 2011
I LOVE this school and so does my son. Every teacher knows every child's name. They approach every child individually. The classes are small and each child is working at his or her own pace. The school is family friendly and has an open door policy. The kids all know eachother because they mix the classes up for reading buddy time and foreign language. School spirit is high because of there daily practice of meeting for morning assembly. The teachers, director and staff are creative, motivating and open minded. At AAPS you child is treated like his/ her own person and not fit into a box. The curriculum is progressive and my son is reading far above grade level because of this.

Posted May 31, 2011
I LOVE THIS SCHOOL!!! My daughter just finished kindergarten and my son will be enrolled this up coming year. I have never meet such wonderful people! Mrs. Stark always updated me about my daughters behavior whether positive or negative which i do love since my daughters a diva and i love she does not say everyday "Oh she was great!" and send her off. Ms. Griffith is also a sweet and wonderful director. My daughter has grown so much and I am so proud to call this school our home untill %th grade ;)

Posted May 17, 2011
AAPS helped my son LOVE school again. Before we came to Academy Adventure my son attended the public school in our district and there were 38 students in his 4th grade class. After a month in school the teacher would still ask me who's your child again? When it got to a point where he was crying on the way to school everyday I pulled him and put him at AAPS. The staff at AAPS were so AWESOME with him and he loved his new teacher and class. His new class only had 17 students not 38 and it's a wonderful, loving, family enviroment. I just can't say enough wonderful things about this little charter school. Only one bad thing I wish it went past 5th grade . We are going to miss it so much. Theresa Anderson.

Posted May 03, 2011
This is a horrible school.. after the 20th time i picked my kid up with untied laces and about a million things in her hands with no direction from a teacher besides "your mom is here goodbye!". Very disappointed not only in curriculum but in care taking as well!!!!

Posted July 24, 2010
As a former employee of Academy Adventures Primary School I have nothing but wonderful things to say. I had such a wonderful staff and principal to work with. Every person at AAPS cares about all of the students and their well-being. The families at AAPS are wonderful and are always willing to help. Academy Adventures Primary School is the best school I have ever had the pleasure of working at.

Academy Adventures Primary School 0

Posted March 04, 2010
Am a parent and a very mad one at that. I really don't like the administrator since she treats everybody like a child including parents. This school only cares about their attendance since it's how they get paid. My child was sick and the director failed to call me because she cared more about the school's attentance.

Posted October 02, 2009
This is a terrific school! The teachers are very caring and want all the students to feel welcomed and successful in the classroom. The teachers are able to work in small groups with students to provide more individualized attention. This is a wonderful school that really cares about their students.

Academy Adventures Primary School
3902 North Flowing Wells Road, Tucson, AZ  85705
Last modified Academy Adventures Primary School is a Charter school that serves grades K-5
Academy Adventures Primary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top