Posted September 17, 2014
Fantastic school, both my kids are there and love it, they look forward to going to school. The teachers are highly skilled and motivated and the principle is in a league of his own. He really does know all the kids by name because he doesn't hide in an office. He gets out there walks the playground, directs traffic and generally gets involved. I can only assume the negative reviews have some kind of other motive since this is a wonderful school. Perhaps somebody didn't get the results they expected because they were unwilling to accept that they have a part to play too.

Posted August 10, 2014
I can honestly speak to a majority of the teachers at this school. To say that the only grumblings are about the hot temperatures on the playground are ludicrous. I don't know who is painting such a rosy picture, but it is not the teachers I have spoken with. The atmosphere at this school is terrible. The superintendents create an atmosphere of fear and paranoia. Everyone is afraid to be honest because they are worried about job security. The principal has very little respect from the staff. He is viewed as being lazy, a real under achiever. I know of some teachers who can't wait to get out of this school.

Posted August 02, 2014
My youngest son was thrilled to come back to his school, he loves AOT! He's looking forward to science and all the class pets. Thank you to all the teachers that make this environmentl so safe, bully-free, and successful as an "A" rated school.

Posted July 27, 2014
Awesome school, tucked away and tuition free, amazingly because this is likely the best public school in Tucson. Highly recommended, best kept secret.

Posted July 26, 2014
The start of school is just around the corner and I am so happy to report all of our teacher staff is returning! (100% retention) The previous reviewer is misinformed and should not put incorrect information in their review in order to make our school look bad. Our teachers seem very happy and my children love this school! We can't wait for another great school year!

Posted July 25, 2014
This will be the fourth year my daughter has attended AOT Elementary School. The teachers and principal give 110%. The curriculum is challenging and well balanced. I appreciate all they do. I am surprised and sad to hear on this site that the teachers have not received adequate raises. I hope the school does not lose good teachers as a result.

Posted July 24, 2014
As a very satisfied and quite frankly a happy and fortunate teacher at AOT, I can speak for the majority of the teachers if not all. The only grumbling that goes on at this great school is how hot it is on the playground during the summer. Clearly if this parent is not happy, yet feels the need to fabricate trash regarding the teachers, principal, etc. then I bid them farewell. We all have an open door policy, so feel free to speak to any of the teachers in regards to our great school.

Posted May 25, 2014
Not at all impressed with this school. Hear too many grumblings from teachers. High turnover and dissatisfied teachers does not leave one with a good feeling. Even less impressive than the elementary school, is the middle school that it feeds into. Terrible location on a busy street next to low income housing. I would never send my child to that school. I'm looking into an elementary school with a middle school that impresses me.

Posted May 20, 2014
I am not impressed with this school. It lacks in up to date materials as well as technology. The school really needs to invest in technology as well as the most basic in classroom supplies . If you compare it to other schools, it fails in comparison.

Posted May 20, 2014
I cannot say enough about Academy of Tucson Elementary School. As a parent of a child with special/specific needs everyone from Principal Allardice, therapists, teachers, office staff and parent volunteers have been nothing but helpful, encouraging, flexible, accommodating, extremely knowledgeable and respectful to my child and our entire family. I feel such comfort with my child in their care and educational expertise. I am an involved parent and I have been heard and welcomed as an active participant in my child's educational, emotional and behavioral plan. It is such an honor and relief to find a school that has my trust in all areas of a child's educational needs. Our experience as an entire family has been nothing but positive. As this amazing school year comes to an end I would like to thank everyone involved at Academy of Tucson, well done, many thanks! I fully recommend this school for any and all children.

Academy Of Tucson Elementary School
9209 E. Wrightstown Road, Tucson, AZ  85715
Last modified Academy Of Tucson Elementary School is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Academy Of Tucson Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 75 reviews. Top