Public charter
Tucson, AZ

Posted December 04, 2014
You have to be eighteen to change your session. The Principal doesnt understand the struggle, telling a 17 year old to ask santa for a bike for christmas what the HELL! she said that because sometimes he has no money for the bus and for him to go dountown to buy a bus pass . if he has a hard time getting money for the bus what makes you think he has money for a buss pass?

Posted August 23, 2013
Canyon Rose has helped my students improve their over all grades and they are more willing to get up in the mornings to go to school.

Canyon Rose Academy 4

Posted August 22, 2013
I go to school here currently! we have 3 sessions the am which I beleive is 7-12 am then the pm session which runs 12-5 pm and lastly the eve which runs from 5-10 at night. we have a 15 minute stretch time in the middle of every session to converse and snack on things normally brought from home. if you are as unlcky as i am when it comes to remembering to bring snacks there are vending machines filled regularly with snacks and beverages and if you have enough time before your scheduled session majority of the students decide to go to the gas station quick trip for their snacks. we do use a computer based learning system. as far as curriculum goes It has changed since last year but the operating system and interface is very simple. What The sofware provides youll notice when you first login is , a messaging system to help teachers communicate with students about assignments then a progress page which shows % completion along with an overdue slot chich shows overdue computerized assignments, and with that there is upcoming assignments slot and your planner which shows due assignments. I love the school, the staff know me we are treated well and are given basic rules. hope i helped.

Posted April 04, 2013
Pathetic! My daughter was frustrated with social immaturity at her mainstream public high school and begged for a quick graduation alternative so she could advance to college. The alternative was GED which neither of us were okay with! She's bright & a hard worker and she excelled at Canyon Rose. In fact, the teachers were so pleased to have someone they weren't just babysitting, she quickly became a favorite and they were sad when she left. Most students were NOT engaged, were NOT earning credits, were NOT doing anything ~ what a wasted opportunity! I'm embarrassed her diploma reads "Canyon Rose Academy." I'm sad I didn't even get graduation pictures, because of the timing of her completion and she wasn't interested in that experience with fellow students she didn't even know. Complete disappointment, but a means to an end. I'll get those college graduation pictures sooner. Yay!

Canyon Rose Academy 2

Posted December 20, 2012
This school is geared towards those that can learn on their own. I wouldn't recommend sending a student their unless it was to pick up a quick credit and return to their home school in TUSD. It's family run - poorly at that. It borders on being a diploma mill, and I'm being nice. Again, if you want your kid to pick up an extra credit or two, then send them here. If you want them to actually be engaged in the learning process and have some type of social skills, look elsewhere. Ps. Don't buy into the hype of "the kids set their own pace." They will literally let them sit there and fill the seats until March while doing absolutely nothing, then adios amigos once they no longer need them for attendance purposes.

Canyon Rose Academy 4

Posted November 10, 2008
I have been with the school for a few years now and I love the fact that the school allows student to work at their own pace. I love the fact that I as a teacher and adult I grow as well. The students are great and fun. I learn as much from them as they do from me.

Posted October 20, 2008
i love the school all of the teachers!!!!!

Posted July 27, 2008
I attended this school for three years graduating a year early allowing me to start college and head towards my goal as a psychologist early. The three sessions allowed me to spend longer hours getting work done and the oppurtunity to get a job aswell. The Teachers and Principals were friendly and more there for the students then any TUSD school ever was or will be.

Posted May 19, 2008
5 Hours in front of a computer is no way to learn. You might be able to earn credits faster than a public high school but in the end you will regret it when you move onto college and are completely lost. You spend your day writing whats on the screen and using your notes to pass the tests. You dont learn anything by doing this.

Canyon Rose Academy 0

Posted January 09, 2008
I think that canyon rose is more dedicated 2 their students than any other tusd school. They help the student excell in deir academics, nd the principals are really interested in their students performence. More students pass the aims then any other school!

Canyon Rose Academy
2401 S. Wilmont Rd, Tucson, AZ  85711
Last modified Canyon Rose Academy is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Canyon Rose Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top