Pusch Ridge Christian Academy

Private | 6-12

Living in Tucson

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $175,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $910.

Sweep tile

Posted March 23, 2014

Pusch Ridge is a highly academic school with great sports and an incredible fine arts program. I have two sons that go there and my daughter will begin there in 6th grade next year. It is a school where my sons don't have to choose between the arts and sports - they get to do both. They are supported in their faith and are always supported in making decisions that honor Christ. It is the perfect size for our family - they have small class sizes but the school is large enough to offer a variety of extra-curricular activities. If they are struggling with something academically it is noticed; they don't fall through the cracks. My oldest son wanted to make the switch to PRCA during his middle school years - not the ideal time in an adolescence life. However, we did it and have never looked back. It was the best decision we have ever made when it comes to educating our children!

Posted February 4, 2014

We highly recommend Pusch Ridge Christian Academy. We presently have three boys that attend who absolutely love the Christ centered environment, their Godly teachers, and the activities and sports they are involved with. To find out more about the school we would encourage you to read the mission statement, philosophy, statement of faith, and the core values. This foundation of the school will give you an idea who they are but to encourage you even more these words are not just words written but it's lived out which makes this school dynamic. We as parents wanted to find a Christian school that would truly partner with us as raising our kids in God's ways and this school does exactly that. The leadership is an example of Him and show humility beautifully. We cannot speak more highly of our experience and what we continue to experience as we are A part of this wonderful community. If you're considering it we would encourage you to go visit the school to discover more of the amazing and awesome things God is doing in the midst of Pusch Ridge Christian Academy.

Posted December 30, 2013

PART 3: They judge everythig you do even in your personal life. Im going to stop here because this is really long but i have plenty more to say. I Thanks for the worst middle and high school experience of my life! Really appreciate it!

Posted June 11, 2013

Pusch ridge is a great school that offers a great chance to grow closer to God. The education is average and although the teacher all care (and i mean all of them) and try there hardest to help you learn. At times the education falls short. Pusch has a excellent set of English and history teachers though. At Pusch there is very little drug use and i have never ever even seen a fight or heard of one. Also people believe that were all bible hugging freaks who will try to convert you all the time, this isnt true most of us if not all are just normal christains. For its size however Pusch ridge does very good with sports.

Posted May 29, 2013

The school is worth every penny I pay and then some. I have nothing but good things to say about the school. This is a place where striving to be your best is encouraged, accepted and nurtured. I've watched my child transform into a student excited about learning and living a life with love and community. I am thankful each day my child leaves for school. This is a place dedicated to the success of it's students. A place where young people are show love and respect each day.

Posted February 20, 2013

Our two boys have attended PRCA since 8th grade and have grown in all areas of life. Mentors are found in sports coaches to their Bible teachers, in their Highly qualified teachers and Elective options. A beautiful campus, very safe and always seeking to be the best they can. One of our boys is already (as a Sophomore) getting over 50 different TOP ranked in the country offers to apply for college there. His PSAT scores are excellent and is in all honors/AP classes. Our other is fully able to do all sports (football, basketball, soccer, track, baseball, tennis, volleyball, even cheerleading) if he wants to do so and have been on Varsity since a freshman. My son made Regional Choir for Tucson and would have never tried without the awesome Choir director Mr. Chaffin there. Yes, There is an expectation of respect, love, loyalty, and true growth in your walk with the Lord...I will take that any day over what I can get down the road. I have taught in those schools and teach at a local competition school, and honestly, you must give Pusch Ridge a LOOK. Go see if it's right for your student. Are they perfect, NO. What school is? But every year is better and better.

Posted August 17, 2012

Prca is an excellent school. This is my first year and i love it. I have already learned so much about Jesus Christ!

Posted May 24, 2012

I find PRCA to be a less than excellent school. It puts off the apperiance of being a wonderfully Christian based school but once you are enrolled you become subject to disheartening judgement from certain people in the administration and the dress code is more or less an insult to the eclectic student. PRCA is so focused on what they consider to be the ideal "christian school" that they create an enviromemt where it is hard for students to breathe and fully enjoy their highschool experiance. I myself am leaving to move to California and while I will miss my friends I admit I will not be missing the hurtful comments I got from the front desk regarding my clothing which apparently was: "Too scandalous to demonstrate good Christian character." I was wearing an average white tank top with no showing bra straps and jean shorts of a tasteful length.

Posted October 1, 2011

Both of my children have been in the Catalina Foothills Church School system for the past ten years. Pusch Ridge is not the same school it was back in 2008. The teachers are much better, the curriculum is much more rigorous and the recent SAT scores, which are better than Ironwood, CDO and Salpointe's, prove that Pusch Ridge has arrived as a serious academic, Christian school. Recent grads were accepted at top tier universities, like UCLA, Pepperdine and Wm Mary. The athletic teams have moved up to new divisions and are competing well with larger schools. But most importantly, my kids have been surrounded with like minded Christian teachers and families who truly care about their development. The school is small, but my kids are well prepared for college, are outstanding citizens in the community, and are strong in their faith. If you want your kids to have an outstanding Christian education in a family friendly, safe environment..this is your school!

Posted May 17, 2011

My son attended PRCA for 6 years and we were delighted every year. He is an average student and at any other school he would have been lost in the crowd, but at Pusch he learned leadership, sportsmanship, and how to live his faith. It was a great experience.

Posted October 12, 2010

These children are so polite and courteous and so very grateful for the small donation of bulletin boards I gave them not too long ago. These children are being taught how to be responsible citizens. They are obviously products of the hard work of the teachers and staff. I want them to know that they are doing a great job!

Posted July 10, 2010

I found the teachers and other staff members to be sincere and loving, but ignorant of the real problems that are building in the school. The pressures of this school led me farther from God, and I am now left with major uncertanties in my faith. The students are amazing (one of the few things I will miss) if you can find a place among them, however since everyone has gone to school together their whole lives, it can be hard for new students to make new friends if they aren't a naturally out-going person. I would take precaution in chossing this school, and would recomend to save the money and seek a school where education and God have been better intertwined.

Posted March 11, 2010

I attended this school and graduated with not prep for college howver that is not my point. this school is all zelots who judge every thing about its students including their lives outside of school. I was a good christian before attending this school its pressures and unchallenging studies drove me to seek out a rewarding career as a video game designer and athiest
—Submitted by a student

Posted March 14, 2009

PRCA is a wonderful school. My daughter was struggling in the public school but when she started at PRCA; she was accepted and challenged. She felt that the teachers were treating her as an individual instead of a number. The staff is always available for the students and willing to go the extra mile.

Posted February 27, 2008

PRCA is definitly above average, and when i evntered i was amazed at the comptenence and sincerity of the teachers.But as the years[3 of them] progressed, it seemd the school's care for its' students went down.after my third year there, my parents and i, along with about 30 other students, decided our money and time be better spent elsewhere.the staff declined over the years, as did the school unity.the sports were amazing for high school, and average for middle school.i can personally say i do miss it....for my friends and some teachers as themselves,not while theyre teaching.i give them major credit for theirnew buildings though. i have now moved on to public school, which i enjoy immensly more[pop.2000].i has a better curriculum and many, many, many more classes to offer,as well as sports.PRCA=soso staff and small colleges.my public school=more oppurtunities and big colleges, as well as more friends :D

Posted February 4, 2008

As a mom, I feel like my children are receiving an amazing eduation. They are challenged in honors and AP classes, coached for character and athletics on their sports teams, and surrounded by friends from the finest families in Tucson. My oldest has been well prepared for college and my youngest loves school. The teachers really know the kids and the administration is available to listen to concerns.

Posted January 9, 2008

PRCA has exceeded my expectations. My son was able to take honors and AP classes throughout high school and read challenging, classical literature in his English classes. The school administered the PSAT to him during his 9th, 10th and 11th grade years which prepared him to do well on his SAT. PRCA's use of technology allowed me to check his grades anytime at home. His experience in athletics developed him both physically and in character. He was well prepared for college.

Posted January 7, 2008

It isn't easy to compete with what the world is exposing us and our children to every day through the media, peer pressure, tv, music, entertainment. I appreciate how Pusch Ridge is challenging the social norms and expecting our kids to step up not only academically with the honors and AP courses but morally through character development.

Posted August 12, 2007

My child is entering his junior year at PRCA. We have found the academics to be well above the Tucson public schools. PRCA kids can tell you where any country is in the world.The minor sports,cross country and track could use more attention but those sports are secondary to football, basketball and baseball in public schools as well. Because PRCA children come from all over Tucson, it is difficult for some parents to be as involved as they would like but there are many parents that are able and do participate. Jesus is in every subject taught; that is why my son attends PRCA and caring teachers!

Posted July 12, 2007

My child has been taking honors courses and college prep AP courses which are available to the student who wants to be challenged. My child scores very high on standardized tests such as the PSAT which tells me the education stacks up quite well against the public sector. In fact, I feel that PRCA overemphasizes academics and puts too much pressure on those kids who want to succeed. Still, my child's character development is very strong and I give a great deal of credit to the caring faculty and staff. It has been worth every penny to see my child grow in faith and personal integrity.

Asian 2% N/A
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Two or more races 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Presbyterian
Associations
  • ACSI

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

9500 N Oracle Rd