Public charter
Tucson, AZ

Posted April 12, 2014
Coming from out of state we were not really impressed with the school options in Tucson. We were homeschooling until we could find the right fit. We are thrilled to have found Satori. Our daughter is thriving there after only a year and loves going to school. The teachers are warm, nurturing, and wonderful. They are also honest, fair, supportive, and hold the students accountable for their actions. Satori staff is fantastic at continuing those important lessons of early childhood learning and weaving them through the environment and curiculum to keep the children active and involved with creative, hands on learning geared for many different ways of experiencing information. Her teachers have been key in helping my daughter adapt, progress, and in some areas even catch up to where she'd fallen behind, without ever making her feel badly about herself or her abilities as a student. Our other daughter will be attending the charter school as soon as she is in the second grade. I have found the parent community nothing but warm and welcoming. I meet new people at every event. After only a year, we are part of this school community and we are a Satori family.

Posted January 16, 2014
This is our 7th year as a Satori family, with two kids who started in preschool and continued on to the charter school. The rigorous academics and the fact that our kids have excelled well beyond their grade level is not even the main reason why we love Satori. The strong, tight-knit community, a dedicated attention to the kids' well being, and the individualized approach to every student is truly remarkable. The approach of the school to education fosters creativity. We love the teachers and have developed many personal trusting relationships over the years, to the point that I seek their advice for my kids on issues unrelated to school. The director does an excellent job of maintaining the sense of community while bringing energy and direction to the school. We feel privileged to be part of the Satori family.

Posted January 14, 2014
I brought my son to Satori after he was bullied at another school and was starting to change as a person, and not for the better. After hearing about Satori, I brought him to Jo, the Executive Director, who was still teaching 1st grade at the time. She help him become a part of the Satori family and helped him recover from the bullying and grow into the loving, kind, thoughtful boy he is now. She is gifted in working with children: able to love them at their level, is a talented teacher (my son jumped up several years in reading and math in one year with Jo), and most importantly to me, she is a moral person who takes the time to cultivate community, kindness, friendship, family, honest, self-control, joy, and a love of learning in those she is around. When anyone in the Satori family has a hard time she is the first to jump in to help and I know that she truly cares about my family and myself. She is the heart of Satori and I am very thankful for her being in my son's life.

Posted January 14, 2014
We have had two kids at Satori's charter and private schools for the past 5 years. We are continually impressed with the way in which the school accommodates kids at every level of academic ability and addresses each child's emotional and learning needs individually. Having tried a number of other schools first, I know that these qualities are only consistent in schools when they come from the leadership. The director, principal, and staff at Satori are wonderful and compassionate. They have been responsive when we have needed academic adjustments or other kinds of flexibility.

Posted January 13, 2014
Satori is amazing! My child has been going to school here for five years and I cannot say enough good things about it. Jo, the Director, is phenomenal. Before being promoted to her current position, she taught at Satori. She has this amazing gift to read children (and parents), and has always gone out of her way to tend to each families individual needs with a calm and professional demeanor, all the while making sure that the children (and sometimes the parents) understand their responsibility in achieving success. Every child at Satori is treated as an individual with individual needs and personalities. The teachers are amazing and the curriculum is challenging and thought provoking. This is a fantastic school with an unbelievable staff. If you are looking for a school put Satori on your short list.

Posted January 13, 2014
Satori is not just a school for our family, it is our second family. Recently we fell on hard times and after talking to the Director, we were able to work out a payment plan so that the holidays would still happen for us. Jo is very understanding and has been through a lot as a parent and teacher at Satori so she can relate to almost any situation! When I approached Jo with my news of being unable to pay, she was concerned and expressed that I had to make some sort of payment to show good faith, but she was flexible and very understanding. I do not feel embarrassed or afraid to walk in with my held high because the level of professionalism and privacy is very high with the staff at Satori. I am very thankful to have my children learning in such a nurturing environment.

Posted September 26, 2013
Satori school is a great school for parents who want teachers to understand the whole child. They work hard on social/emotional intelligence and community using language of responsibility so the child that moves on can function well and make good decisions in the future. The program is individualized . They cove r the common core standards and go beyond. There is higher order thinking and out of the box thinking encouraged. They try very hard to use the multiple intelligences. My children did very well. The school has prepared them for the future. One good thing is they work closely with parents and solve problems so the child can be successful. Their Preschool program is excellent, it includes academics as well as play based learning with the multiple intelligences.

Satori Charter School 4

Posted August 05, 2013
My children have attended Satori for 5 years. They have prospered with the student focused curriculum. I like that they change classes each day for math so that the children are not held to grade level math butch can work at their ability instead. Coordination for 504 issues could be mproved but overall accommodations help the children succeed and play to their strengths. I give four stars because there is always room for improvement. my particular area of concern is parent communication. It is hit or miss at times, depending on the individual teacher.

Posted August 02, 2013
The teaching staff at Satori is dedicated to children. They create intellectually challenging curriculum for gifted students. Both of my kids love it there.

Posted August 02, 2013
I went here for elementary school and it was the best school I've ever been to! My only regret was that I was only able to attend 2 years. I'm glad to see they have expanded their grade school. They are very accommodating to children with learning disabilities. I have ADHD and I thrived there. I wish I could go back!

Satori Charter School
3727 North First Avenue, Tucson, AZ  85719
Last modified Satori Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades 2-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Satori Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 38 reviews. Top