Posted October 08, 2013
Just to think that I had serious reservations about sending my kid to this school without TextBooks! His GPA is now number 3 out of 193. He was never that high achieving before. Mr. Baker, the superintendent, and the entire Vail Team is to be highly commended for their work. I remain one happy and proud parent. Thank you one and all.

Posted December 12, 2012
All I have to say about EHS, is it is fantastic. I am a sophomore and I have learned so much at this school. I have great bonds with all of my teachers. The academics is challenged but it really helps. All of the teachers and staff are really great and we as students are very fortunate to have as many great teachers as we do. Also our principal is awesome, he interacts and listens to what the students and teachers have to say. GO RAVENS!

Posted September 14, 2011
I love this school, i Am a freshmen at empire high school, I thought it was going to be packed full of students but it's not, And they have so many options to choose from and the mac's are really good to. Half of my friends choose Cienega, Even though i wanted to be with my friends i choice this school because they have great standers and the teachers are really good at teaching and they have tutoring options after school before school and during lunch and they have Zero hour which you can go to finish work or go to your teachers and get helped out! I LOVE EMPIRE AND EVERYTHING ABOUT IT!!!

Posted August 06, 2011
I am a freshmen at Empire and I absolutely love EVERYTHING about this school! Many of my friends chose Cienega, but I still chose Empire because I do think this school is better. I like having all my classes everyday instead of a block schedule, and no advisory instead of an hour long waste of tiime advisory. I love using a laptop for my work, it is so much easier than textbooks because instead of one resource (the textbook), you can find info on many websites, plus you can do all of your homework on the laptop and turn everything in on the Internet. I also love how the class sizes are smaller, and we have more one-on-one time with teachers, and all my teachers knew my name within the first few days. We also have a lot of fun in our classes rather than just being taught something and then given an assignment. Overall this school is GREAT and I am really sad that I am moving soon, because I would like to graduate from such an awesome school. :)

Posted May 15, 2009

Posted March 09, 2009
Empire Hight School is a very impressive young High School. The physical and psychological stature of this institution is conducive to learning personal responsibility and cultivating intelligent The technological forum of laptop learning encourages students to explore a dynamic media that will open future worlds and insure academic excellence. We, as parents of two students here, are very pleased with the academic and physical education curriculum that is offered to our sons. The teacher/student ratio is also impressive and coveted by other districts.

Posted December 16, 2008
Great school in a great school distict! Vail provides choices for all students to excell. Parents have the choice of which school they want their kid to attend.

Posted October 08, 2008
If a parent has an issue with a teacher and thinks the teacher is just giving tests and 'watching' the kids fail, I would have to disagree. If the student is a freshmen most homework is graded on effort not ability since most of the freshmen teachers provide so much help on the homework the next day. Instead of writing a review about a teacher the parent should talk to the teacher and find out how the grading works.

Posted October 08, 2008
I am a student here, and I have to say, its been a great experience so far. I'm currently in my junior year and I've been having a blast. This school is not too big, not too small, and like Stacy said empire is a close family. When one of our students died in a shooting (off-campus) the whole school was devastated, and we poured our hearts out to the family and friends of this girl. Laptops are a great and very efficient way to teach. The tech department is very experienced, and can handle our computer problems whenever they happen. We have great sport programs here (Football team is 6-0, undefeated) and we even have a paintball team. This is definitely an A+ school.

Empire High School 4

Posted October 04, 2008
Empire is not about giving tests and allowing students to fail. I am a junior there as of right now and I was failing because I chose not to do my homework but since I have started doing it and have kept it going I have been passing. I am bad when it comes to taking tests because that is just how it is. If your child is failing when it comes to tests either he/she is bad at taking them, does not study, chooses to not pay attention or they dont understand what is being taught and dont ask for help. It is not the schools issues that is in your childs problem alone.

Empire High School
10701 E. Mary Ann Cleveland Way, Tucson, AZ  85602
(520) 762-2040
Last modified Empire High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Empire High School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top