PK|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

I cannot express how much I love Wings on Words. My son's class has 9 students and 2 teachers. One of his teachers has been teaching for more than 15 years. I get a lesson plan by e-mail every weekend for the following week so I know what they are working on. I get great feedback about my son's progress and what he needs to work on. Wings on Words is very well organized. I always know what's happening. They offer speech therapy on site for any child who can benefit from it, not just the ones who score below a certain percentile. The grounds are designed to promote fun, creativity, and learning. There is a playground, but there's also a vegetable garden, an outdoor building/construction-type area, bikes, picnic tables, and even a little fairy garden - often decorated for an upcoming holiday. Everyone who works there is incredibly friendly and caring. It feels like one big supportive community. The kids do lots of art projects and bring home library books once a week. They grew crystals when they were studying geology and made bandannas for rodeo week. Every week has a theme and the whole classroom is decked out with related activities and books. They practice the scientific method. They even do yoga and tai chi. My son routinely tells me, unprompted, that his school is "awesome." At his last preschool, he cried every day at drop off. There have been no tears since we switched to Wings on Words. In fact, he cheered when we pulled into the parking lot the other day. He is always excited to tell me what they did during the day and he is learning so much. Every week he picks up new words and concepts that blow me away. I am so grateful I found such a wonderful preschool.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

Happy Teachers=happy children...not at this school. They cover everything up for fear of losing their jobs...but teachers know they are not happy. Horrible director who treats private parents differently from parents with a scholarship. She finds pleasure in talking down to people.

The teachers were nice but the quality of education was the same as what we are getting now with our school district. If your child has speech issues they can get services through your school district for free. This place was expensive and was just ok. Parking was a pain.

I am in debt to the Child Language Center and WOW. At 3 my child had multiple severe and moderate delays with language and when she graduated 2 years later she only had some impairments. Her language development didn't just occur during on-site therapy it developed throughout the entire day. Having the therapy on-site was incredibly convenient because I did not have to leave work to take her to appointments and she did not have to leave school. WOW -- really does describe this school.

I am honored to say I work at Wings On Words preschool. I have been mentored from professional teachers who have worked in early childhood for many years. They have encouraged me to continue my education to become a professional in the field of Early Childhood Education and Development. What I like about my job is that I have the opportunity to engage in children's play and I get to sit and have conversations with every child throughout the day. It is rewarding when families bring their children back to WOW to say "hello" and share with me all their accomplishments in elementary, middle, and high school.

This has been our first year at this preschool and I couldn't be more impressed. My little one had difficulty separating and the teachers and directors worked with both me and my child to make the transition easier. The curriculum is top tier. My older children went to preschools that I loved - but this program really sets itself apart from others. Such a great balance between learning skills and just letting kids be kids. The kids are learning about science and math, doing really cool art projects, and the classroom centers are always changing to introduce new concepts. This preschool offers speech therapy - I'm not sure that we'll need it, but I've met the two therapists - they're really nice and they seem to know all of the kids at the school. My son's classroom had a speech therapist come into the classroom every week and did an activity with the class. Overall great program with caring, knowledgable staff. Looking forward to continuing preschool there next year!

I was looking for a school for my grand daughter and found this school on line I checked out the website and loved what I saw. Then I read the reviews. I like what the last person said about not every school works for every child.This is so true.I plan on checking it out myself. When I called and made an appointment the person I spoke with was very professional, courteous and answered all of my questions. That counts for something in my book.

As a teacher at this school for over 10 years I highly recommend it. The low teacher turnover rate shows the dedication of the staff. We have families who have sent one, two and even three siblings or extended ffamily to this school! We know that our school is not for everyone and children and families need to have that right "fit" for them. But I do encourage you to visit our school and form your own opinions and not go by a comment you have read. I never listen to a bad review about a movie and don't go see it. Everyone likes something different.. Be an advocate for your child and form your own ideas!! You're missing out if you don't explore this educational option.

My friend recommended this school. She had two children attend WOW and loved everything about it. My daughter starts in August and I am so excited. I met the director and the teachers and love their energy and attention to children.

If you are looking for a quality program look no further. Wonderful staff and curriculum.

Last modified Child Language Center is a Private school that serves grade PK