Tucson, AZ

Posted April 19, 2014
This is one of the best schools in Tucson for elementary education. This school teaches good ethics, morals and respect for one another. I would recommend this school to everyone.

St Elizabeth Ann Seton School 1

Posted December 03, 2012
Honestly, this school is garbage. I have been attending this school for 10 years now and they treat us middle schoolers like we are 7 years old, they are super strict about what you do and I feel that us students should be given more freedom, the school was fun up until 4th grade. Im so done.

Posted October 07, 2012
Overall the city of Tucson lacks stellar high performing elementary schools. SEAS is your best option if you would like your child to be taught a solid foundation of elementary education by highly qualified teachers. Here the teachers foster an environment where children love to learn! Being creative is encouraged. The school values exposure to to a broad set of concepts, as well as the fundamentals of organization and homework responsibility. Children are challenged so they have the choice to move up 1-2 grade levels in reading and math by the end of their school year. All graduating students are more than well prepared for any high performing High School in Tucson. To all parents looking for a high achieving, well organized and safe and loving school, take a tour of SEAS, you will be impressed!

Posted September 23, 2012
My child has attended SEAS for 5 years now. I can honestly say that in all of that time I can find very few things to complain about. The EPGY program SEAS uses is a very worthwhile tool for my child. It tracks the progress that my child is making. The teachers then use the information they get from the program to tailor the material to emphasize areas that the children may be having trouble with. All of the teachers at SEAS have their Bachelor's Degrees as well as their teaching certificates. In fact, most teachers at SEAS have a Master's Degree. The aftercare program is set up to ensure that kids get a start on homework before play. This helps working parents to give the kids a head start prior to getting home. Since homework is due in all cases by Friday, on Fridays the kids usually take in a movie in one of the classrooms. Discipline issues are worked on in a progressive manner. If the child does not heed the basic expectations (that parent & child sign up to each year in writing), appropriate actions are taken. Everyone knows ahead of time what the expectations are, and they are appropriate to the age of the child. I am blessed to have my child attend SEAS.

St Elizabeth Ann Seton School 3

Posted August 26, 2012
We have mixed feelings about this school. I feel obliged to write given the several good (but old) reviews, probably written by administrators/moms. Hopefully I can give perspective. It's an average school-nothing special. Positive: my kids feel safe, principal is wonderful, sports are fun, and parents are supportive. Negative: curriculum lacks challenge, especially in Math, Spanish, Music & Art. Know that practically all the teachers are moms of kids at the school-if you're a mom, you're hired. Should be a better criteria for attracting quality teachers. Some stellar instructors work here, but they are few. The EPGY math online module is useless- they would do better to get good math & tech instructors, especially in the Jr High so the kids are prepared for High School. Conformity overrules creativity & there is a heavy focus on discipline & prayer. The after care program is like prison my kids say-they dread it. Gym consists of lectures/dodge ball. Spanish is games and colors. Be prepared for a monotone Xmas show & Multicultural Night being a big repeat of the same stuff, every year. Perhaps this will improve with the new music teacher. Robots not thinkers appears to be the goal

Posted October 19, 2011
Amazing school and we have literally looked at ALL of the private schools in the Tucson northwest and northeast side. Mrs Shadonix is a caring, well- informed and professional principal. The curriculum is top notch. We highly recommend parents to go and see this school for yourself. Compared to the other private schools, it is the BEST! It has all the test scores and happy parents and children to attest to this fact. Tuition is inexpensive ($3500-4000) compared to the other schools($7000-8900). Facilites are exquisite. They have a wait list since of course the school is in HIGH DEMAND...go and see for yourself!! AMAZING SCHOOL!

Posted October 19, 2010
The school has a great feeling about it when you walk in. Wonderful teachers, staff, students & principal. They are all caring & polite. Parent involvement is strongly encouraged & welcome. It is the best school my children have ever attended. My oldest child attended 7 different public schools so I can compare it with others personally. None of them even come close to SEAS. I only wish it were built earlier so my oldest could have attended!

Posted April 30, 2010
Caring respectful teachers with attention placed on their students.

Posted July 17, 2009
St. Elizabeth Ann Seton- Tucson, AZ. uses Stanford EPGY program. Mrs Shadonix the principal listens, cares about the needs of her school. This school is only is very new with the latest technology, Smartboards are in every classroom. My two children went to this school and this has been the best experience for them. Jr. High has helped my son prepare for High School and the teachers are on top of it!

St Elizabeth Ann Seton School 1

Posted July 09, 2009

St Elizabeth Ann Seton School
8650 North Shannon Road, Tucson, AZ  85742
Last modified St Elizabeth Ann Seton School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Elizabeth Ann Seton School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top