Tucson, AZ
Before care: Yes

Posted November 20, 2014
Both my kids have attended the Broadway location, since they were 2. Academically, both my son and daughter are doing very well, more advanced than the level they should be at by age (if I compare them with the information I find online of what a child should be doing by age). I love that they do not have formal testing/grades, as it helps the kids learn to love learning, and not have the grading pressure over their shoulders when they are not mature enough. The teachers know by name all the kids, and there is a family like environment at school. I have loved this school since I started taking my kids there.

Posted August 07, 2014
As a teacher, I feel I have found a group of individuals that care for the well being and education of our youth as much as I do, here at Casa Ninos. As one of the greener member of the staff, I have learned so much from my coworkers and can say proudly that the ENTIRE staff is here for the children and their families. I am honored to dedicate my education and career to the ways of Maria Montessori, where the child is RESPECTED, INDEPENDENT, and aloud to FLOURISH. I believe in this school so much, that I even referred family members and friends with children with disabilities to enroll. To parents with children they believe are not being challenged, I recommend you enroll. We include gross-motor, math, science, reading, writing, language, culture, geography, Spanish, sensorial, practical life, grace and courtesy and so much more, all starting at the age of six weeks!!!!! Not only do we offer your child accelerated education mentally, psychologically, and physically; we also have a very safe and quiet location with 24 hour security cameras and even bullet proof windows.

Posted July 23, 2014
Our staff and administration work very hard together to give the families that enroll the best overall experience while attending Casa Ninos. It is with great pride that we finish the accreditation process through the National Accreditation for Early Care and Education Programs, with the validation visit last week. It's exciting to be a pioneer in the early childhood profession by building a bridge between the specialty setting of Montessori and early childhood learning. Through NAC's two-year process we have been able to take 'best practices' and put them in place for 'the Future of Your Child's Education." We have authentic muti-aged classes from infants through lower elementary. All lead teachers specialize in their particular age group. We are a school setting NOT a daycare. All children advance at their own pace as we create individualized lessons plans for all students. Montessori hand made manipulative materials are used in all classrooms. Come visit our school and take a tour.

Casa Ninos School of Montessori - East Campus 1

Posted April 11, 2014
I am NOT impressed with the personnel, quality of the childrens instruction and equipment or with the lack of security and simple safety procedures of the school. Although there are some very good teachers (they either have or are leaving the school for some reason), the attitude of the owner and the director and younger employees is less than professional, hygiene is poor, information is not given to the parents. The 'sign in' log and access to the school and playground is not enforced. Their program is very poor. My child hasn't learnt anything....no academic or social teaching...it is all a waste of money and valuable time. I WILL NOT RECOMMEND THIS SCHOOL !!

Posted October 23, 2013
Our son was diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder and we were told that the Montessori style of education was not going to work for him since he needed more direct, one-on-one instruction. He did need that--at first. He has been at Casa Ni os for 3 months and we have noticed amazing changes that work in tandem with his federal special education program in the school district. It's actually a great fit for an Autistic child who is one that has a long attention span. He will choose an activity and controls his focus, where before he would begin acting out or slapping himself out of frustration. He even practices his Montessori "work on felt" at home and we have purchased some of the same wooden games and tools. He's a new kid and we have Casa Ni os and the teachers there to thank. Parents need to advocate for what they want in ways of teaching, curriculum, safety, and overall attitudes. Communication with the school is important at any level or type of curriculum. The school cannot read minds and are more than willing to help if you let them know what you need. We highly recommend this school (and it's a school--not a daycare, so keep that in mind) and encourage a visit!

Casa Ninos School of Montessori - East Campus 4

Posted April 25, 2011
This is a great school for kids younger than 5. It's the best one we've experienced. I'm VERY happy with it at this time, but I do wish I'd see a little more of the following: More detailed and consistant communication (knowing what children are learning everyday is inconsistant-I'd like to know so I can support what they learn at home), more in depth teaching of second language (sign language & Spanish) they cover some of the basics but none of the teachers really know or foster it. In addition, some of the teachers' energy is lacking, there is a high turn-over of staff (Orange Grove)-this freaks the kids out-especially my one year old. I wish that the teachers would model better eating habits-much like they require from the kids- my child has informed me that they see teachers eating candy, chips, and sodas-it's kind of a double standard. Lastly, the schedule is more like a school NOT a daycare. There are NUMEROUS vacation breaks-including the Monday after the week off and random half days. This makes it extremely inconvenient as a full time working professional. If I was to choose what I liked least about this place it would be the schedlued vacations/half days.

Posted March 24, 2011
My older son has attended this school for 1 year now and I have seen such improvement with him. He is very energetic and was always acting out, but since being at this school he has learned how to control his body when needed and respect others. He feels empowered to sit and do his work at school and has quickly learned all the letters of the alphabet and there correlating sounds and is starting to read already. My younger son is attending there as well and is such a calm and happy baby. I couldn't be happier with my choice to enroll my children at this school and I highly recommend it to other parents.

Casa Ninos School of Montessori - East Campus 2

Posted January 09, 2011
It appears to me that this system is not suitable for hyperactive kids or those who are not self motivated learners. My daughter liked the school and her teachers but her academic progress over 3 years had little to show: numbers < 10 and partial alphabet identification. I got so worried that I hired a weekend English tutor, enrolled her in the Math Kumon program and moved her to school district. Within 10 months she is now adding numbers, can indentify numbers beyond hundred and can read and write first level English. Her teachers belief was misplaced that that she was not capable of sitting and concentrating for more than 10 min. on any subject and only Montessori could give here the right opportunity. Their students are barely able to crack the entrance exam for Tucson s premier charter school Basis. They have very few poster children that prove the success of their system at a high performance level. They have I wish they would communicate with parents better and be open to accepting that their system may not do well with all kids. They were not even interested in knowing why I pulled my kid out of their school.

Posted April 21, 2010
I LOVE this school. My daughter is in the toddler program and my son is in the preprimary and they are both geniuses. I am constantly pleased when they start talking about the things that they learned that day or the way they have been shown to handle their frustrations. I have noticed a big difference in them in comparison to when they were at their previous daycare. The staff is great. They are friendly and caring, and I love that the schools has events that involve the parents. The facility is clean and well kept, and has porches for each classroom. I highly recommend this school.

Casa Ninos School of Montessori - East Campus 4

Posted November 07, 2009
My son has been a student for the past two years and he loves it! The staff is wonderful and very supportive with the kids. We are very happy with your choice of schools.

Casa Ninos School of Montessori - East Campus
8655 East Broadway Boulevard, Tucson, AZ  85710
Last modified Casa Ninos School of Montessori - East Campus is a Private school that serves grades PK-3
Casa Ninos School of Montessori - East Campus Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top