Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

MASSA has been a great find! I am so excited to have my children learning and growing so much each day. The teachers are so helpful and patient. I have noticed my children loving school and it makes me proud as a parent. Keep up the good work MASSA!

I have three children in the school and all three love it. I myself love how the teachers go to the extreme to help the children. The office staff is wonderful and if there ever has been an issue at the school it gets resolved its not just left on the back burner and teachers are great at making the time to get back to you. The school has many great programs to offer including after school care. This school may not be for everyone but I truly think this school is a blessing to my family.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

I clearly see how effective the teachers are in the test results when my children are showing improvement.

Amount of homework: Disagree

I feel that the kids are at school all day learning and to come home with more work plus reading is a lot. I feel that I myself work till 5pm Monday thru Friday and to come home and help 3 kids with so much homework is over whelming not including everything else that needs to be done at home.

Develops character: Strongly agree

I feel that honesty, integrity and fairness is a few of the mail topics taught in the school.

There's so much that the school offers, and we've been blown away at the level of academics. MASSA has been a great challenge for our son.

I am currently a faculty member at MASSA. Having worked in schools for ten years, I can confidently say that MASSA is one of the best schools in the state of Arizona. The employees are positive, compassionate, and consistent, and the administration works tirelessly to ensure teachers are well supported and students are successful. Additionally, the students and families at MASSA are some of the best. Parents are involved and understanding, and the students strive to meet the high expectations set for them. It has been an honor and a pleasure working for the school. The emphasis on leadership, citizenship, critical thinking, and hard work make the school an incredible option for students who are ambitious. The school also provides many opportunities for tutoring, extra support, homework help, sports, and extra curricular activities. Above all, I feel the authenticity and sincerity of the staff are the school's greatest strengths. Teachers here genuinely care, and the results are plentiful.

I'm a student at massa and this school is amazing it's like school heaven. no bully's and the teachers care about me. my friends are the people that you trust and that can make you laugh all the time I laugh like every day. thank you MASSA i love you. <3

The first day I was at MASSA, I was waiting for an interview in the lobby of the school, asking myself the difficult question, "Can I see myself working here?" I heard little voices down the hall, belting out Christmas carols in preparation for their upcoming Winter recital. I saw colorful artwork on the walls, with character, heart, and a sense of honesty. I saw a Dr. Seuss sign on the girls bathroom, a cute little poem about self esteem and appreciating yourself. And all of this connected with some deeper desire to make a difference in my community. Now, the question was, "Can they see ME working here?" Luckily, I got hired, and I continue to enjoy the challenges that the job presents. The Math and Science Success Academy has a wonderful staff that works arduously to meet the needs of their community. Teachers push students to accomplish their goals and discover untapped potential. We meet frequently to talk about what positive changes need to be made. "What do the students need? Are we doing everything we can?" The school is always growing and changing, but the core belief that students are capable of learning and being successful remains true.

MASSA is a place where your child really will grow, and will learn more than at a public school. The majority of children are working beyond their grade level in Math, and teachers will expect more of each child than is required from the state standards. I appreciate the expansive curriculum for all students that includes music lessons (free instruments provided), art, PE, computers, and different foreign languages. These are part of the standard weekly curriculum for Kg-8th grade, so students are well-rounded, and get exposure to many types of classes. Teachers are caring, and energetic and dynamic. All teachers are highly qualified as determined by guidelines of the AZ Dept. of Education.

Last modified Math and Science Success Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.