Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered School leader (2 responses)

Posted November 16, 2015
MASSA has been a great school and has been able to fulfill our families expectations for education. It is important for my children to have the chance to make it in such a competitive society. The math is wonderful and the help my children get from their teachers is a debt that can never be repaid. My husband and I are so thankful we found MASSA and look forward to the future success of our children.

Posted September 17, 2015
I am currently a faculty member at MASSA. Having worked in schools for ten years, I can confidently say that MASSA is one of the best schools in the state of Arizona. The employees are positive, compassionate, and consistent, and the administration works tirelessly to ensure teachers are well supported and students are successful. Additionally, the students and families at MASSA are some of the best. Parents are involved and understanding, and the students strive to meet the high expectations set for them. It has been an honor and a pleasure working for the school. The emphasis on leadership, citizenship, critical thinking, and hard work make the school an incredible option for students who are ambitious. The school also provides many opportunities for tutoring, extra support, homework help, sports, and extra curricular activities. Above all, I feel the authenticity and sincerity of the staff are the school's greatest strengths. Teachers here genuinely care, and the results are plentiful.

Posted January 31, 2015
I'm a student at massa and this school is amazing it's like school heaven. no bully's and the teachers care about me. my friends are the people that you trust and that can make you laugh all the time I laugh like every day. thank you MASSA i love you. <3

Posted January 30, 2015
The first day I was at MASSA, I was waiting for an interview in the lobby of the school, asking myself the difficult question, "Can I see myself working here?" I heard little voices down the hall, belting out Christmas carols in preparation for their upcoming Winter recital. I saw colorful artwork on the walls, with character, heart, and a sense of honesty. I saw a Dr. Seuss sign on the girls bathroom, a cute little poem about self esteem and appreciating yourself. And all of this connected with some deeper desire to make a difference in my community. Now, the question was, "Can they see ME working here?" Luckily, I got hired, and I continue to enjoy the challenges that the job presents. The Math and Science Success Academy has a wonderful staff that works arduously to meet the needs of their community. Teachers push students to accomplish their goals and discover untapped potential. We meet frequently to talk about what positive changes need to be made. "What do the students need? Are we doing everything we can?" The school is always growing and changing, but the core belief that students are capable of learning and being successful remains true.

Posted January 27, 2015
MASSA is a place where your child really will grow, and will learn more than at a public school. The majority of children are working beyond their grade level in Math, and teachers will expect more of each child than is required from the state standards. I appreciate the expansive curriculum for all students that includes music lessons (free instruments provided), art, PE, computers, and different foreign languages. These are part of the standard weekly curriculum for Kg-8th grade, so students are well-rounded, and get exposure to many types of classes. Teachers are caring, and energetic and dynamic. All teachers are highly qualified as determined by guidelines of the AZ Dept. of Education.

Posted January 26, 2015
MASSA has been an absolute blessing for us, as we struggled with the thought of send our son to a public Junior High School. We were not aware of MASSA, our son attended public school for three months and it was a nightmare, we were fortunate enough to enroll our son in this school at the perfect time, he has not had to struggle with any issues, they have an excellent teaching staff, that spends time with their students and who truly care for the education of all. The entire staff at MASSA is amazing, taking the time to know who their students and parents are. We are very proud to say we are the parents os a student from Massa.....Go Massa Lions

Posted January 26, 2015
Having experience in a handful of public schools, I can say that MASSA is, by far, the best academic community I have encountered. Students form bonds and develop relationships across grade levels. Teachers and staff make success for ALL students a priority, regardless of whose roster the student is on. Our families embrace their students, flooding their malleable minds with encouragement, perseverance, and the DESIRE to succeed. Yes, the school grounds get crazy when the bells ring. Yes, the cafeteria fills with laughter, catching up chit-chat, and supplies wherever you look. Yes, the front office/lobby gets busy and demanding. But, we can all say this is because our students walk in, empowered to be the best they can be. Our parents feel like they are a crucial and involved part of their students' education. Our staff enjoy coming to work, ready to tackle whatever the day may bring. The camaraderie at the Math and Science Success Academy is none like you've ever seen, and is surely something to experience.

Posted October 28, 2014
I am a former massa student and i loved it there. Massa is a an excellent school and more advanced than most schools. Massa helped me to be where I am at and now that im in high school i am more advanced than other students. Massa taught us discipline and to be respectful, responsible, and reliable. Also the teachers were great in helping me with what I needed nd didn't understand. I am very grateful that I went to Massa. - Karyme Colores and Jasmine Oldham

Posted September 10, 2014
The staff are friendly and helpful and the school has an open door policy. They always get right back to you and resolve any matter in a quick manner. Curriculum is highly acceptable and the children do well with it. Parents seem to be fairly involved with volunteering and knowing what's going on with their children in the classroom. I will say however, currently there is 425 students and they are crammed in there. I wish there were more space for them in the classroom and outside to play.

Posted April 29, 2014
We didn't know what we were going to do when my son finished the 5th grade at a public school. As I looked into Open Enrollment at TUSD I felt very anxious for him. We passed MASSA every week and knew one of the students attending, so we decided to take a tour of the school. It was the best decision we made! The Dean of Students gave a tour and answered all of our questions. The reviews I read online showed that this school took education seriously and was not just another charter school. My sons (3rd grade and 6th grade) are almost finish with their first year at MASSA and we couldn't be happier. Both boys have excellent teachers that are true professionals and education is their priority. The setting is small and the students receive additional attention. MASSA website is helpful and the teachers list homework assignments every afternoon. The teachers and administration staff have an open door policy and met with us when my son had difficulties with the material or anything else that came up. They support parent involvement and keep us in the loop. Bonus, the students get along and are enjoying their time as children.

Math and Science Success Academy
434 W. Lerdo Rd., Tucson, AZ  85706
Last modified Math and Science Success Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Math and Science Success Academy Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 50 reviews. Top