Public charter
Tucson, AZ

Posted October 28, 2014
I would like to say this school has been a welcome addition to our area. I have heard so many people talking and bragging about how well their children are doing which made me interested in checking it out. This year my child is doing great. He is enjoying all the teachers and has made some friends who are as academically driven as he is. Thank you to everyone who makes this school so great!

Posted October 28, 2014
I am a former massa student and i loved it there. Massa is a an excellent school and more advanced than most schools. Massa helped me to be where I am at and now that im in high school i am more advanced than other students. Massa taught us discipline and to be respectful, responsible, and reliable. Also the teachers were great in helping me with what I needed nd didn't understand. I am very grateful that I went to Massa. - Karyme Colores and Jasmine Oldham

Posted September 10, 2014
The staff are friendly and helpful and the school has an open door policy. They always get right back to you and resolve any matter in a quick manner. Curriculum is highly acceptable and the children do well with it. Parents seem to be fairly involved with volunteering and knowing what's going on with their children in the classroom. I will say however, currently there is 425 students and they are crammed in there. I wish there were more space for them in the classroom and outside to play.

Posted April 29, 2014
We didn't know what we were going to do when my son finished the 5th grade at a public school. As I looked into Open Enrollment at TUSD I felt very anxious for him. We passed MASSA every week and knew one of the students attending, so we decided to take a tour of the school. It was the best decision we made! The Dean of Students gave a tour and answered all of our questions. The reviews I read online showed that this school took education seriously and was not just another charter school. My sons (3rd grade and 6th grade) are almost finish with their first year at MASSA and we couldn't be happier. Both boys have excellent teachers that are true professionals and education is their priority. The setting is small and the students receive additional attention. MASSA website is helpful and the teachers list homework assignments every afternoon. The teachers and administration staff have an open door policy and met with us when my son had difficulties with the material or anything else that came up. They support parent involvement and keep us in the loop. Bonus, the students get along and are enjoying their time as children.

Posted April 17, 2014
My brother attends the school and is incredibly successful in all of his studies. The staff is always very helpful and polite. This school is a wonderful school for anyone trying to advance their child's learning.

Posted April 16, 2014
It is an awesome school, kids have an early exposure to sciences and math concepts.

Posted April 15, 2014
Great school with a very big focus on preparing children for bright futures, My son was struggling at his previous school, and now he is reading, writing, and doing math. I am very happy that I changed my sons school, and I am delighted with the results.

Posted February 20, 2014
MASSA has been a wonderful addition to south Tucson. Parents appreciate the academics offered and the quality of the staff. The administration is always friendly and available. My children enjoy going to school and learning.

Posted January 11, 2013
I am so happy with MASSA, I've seen both my boys grow tremendously. I'm grateful that I was given the opportunity to enroll my boys and I'm excited to see my first grader doing so well after struggling so much at the other school. Mrs. Hunt and Mrs Rodriquez are amazing and make the school run smoothly.

Posted November 29, 2012
This school is as great as ever, the faculty and staff is caring and always available. I have been with this school for two years and they have smoothed any bumps on the road that have come their way. I love that they are expanding to middle school with 7th grade this year because there are not many good school options on this side of town. Though at first nervous with the middle school on campus things are just as great and even better year after year. Thanks Mrs. Hunts and Mrs. Rodriquez for all your hard work! Parent Karla Aguilar

Math and Science Success Academy
434 W. Lerdo Rd., Tucson, AZ  85706
Last modified Math and Science Success Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Math and Science Success Academy Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top