Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered School leader (2 responses)

Posted March 16, 2016
I have three children in the school and all three love it. I myself love how the teachers go to the extreme to help the children. The office staff is wonderful and if there ever has been an issue at the school it gets resolved its not just left on the back burner and teachers are great at making the time to get back to you. The school has many great programs to offer including after school care. This school may not be for everyone but I truly think this school is a blessing to my family.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted March 16, 2016
I love how everyone of the teachers my children have had are amazing and go above and beyond to help them succeed.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted March 16, 2016
I clearly see how effective the teachers are in the test results when my children are showing improvement.

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted March 16, 2016
I feel that the kids are at school all day learning and to come home with more work plus reading is a lot. I feel that I myself work till 5pm Monday thru Friday and to come home and help 3 kids with so much homework is over whelming not including everything else that needs to be done at home.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted March 16, 2016
my kids are constantly working to better themselves and are determined to get good grades. One of my children has told me a few time that his teacher always tells him he can do it and not to give up.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted March 16, 2016
I do feel the school develops respect in its students because I have never seen or heard about any bulling in the school, students treat each other respectfully y helping each other out.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted March 16, 2016
I see it everyday when the teachers are helping the students learn. One of my children was having a terrible time they didn't want to do the work and if they did do the work it wouldn't be turned in but the teacher would not give up and showed compassion and that they cared.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted March 16, 2016
I feel that honesty, integrity and fairness is a few of the mail topics taught in the school.

Posted March 15, 2016
There's so much that the school offers, and we've been blown away at the level of academics. MASSA has been a great challenge for our son.

Posted November 16, 2015
MASSA has been a great school and has been able to fulfill our families expectations for education. It is important for my children to have the chance to make it in such a competitive society. The math is wonderful and the help my children get from their teachers is a debt that can never be repaid. My husband and I are so thankful we found MASSA and look forward to the future success of our children.

434 W. Lerdo Rd., Tucson, AZ  85706
Last modified Math and Science Success Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.